Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raiders have grandmothers? (The Burning Life)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Serpentis Actors (Involvement in Nation Attacks, Etc, Mild Raeg)  (Read 4204 times)

Hamish Grayson

"what can a Titan do, that no other ship can?"

Reschard.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Well, thing about the Serpentis Corporation is that...

They look like they'd fit in a Bond film. With all the improbable and outlandish schemes they come up with.

"Ah Bond, come in. Now, what do you know about the Serpentis Corporation?"
"Pharmaceuticals. Recreational ones. Owned by Salvador Sarpati. Moved after a dispute with the government. Stole a Solteur titan."
"Yes. Very good. Have a look at this."
"A shipping manifest. Jump drive components. Isotopes. Hmm, lots of them."
"Exactly Bond. Lots of them. Ordered by a Serpentis shell company infiltrated by Federal Intelligence. Intelligence believes they are planning on updating and moving the Solteur, possibly using it. Obviously this cannot be allowed to happen. We want you to go there, find out where it is, and destroy it, if it's not possible to retrieve it."

Later on it is revealed that Sarpati wants to use the Solteur to... Write his name on Gallente Prime's Moon!
\o/

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

I like the Serpentis for the pure reason it implies a lot of "illegal corporations" as Serpentis fronts in the Gallente Federation...

ME2 anyone? Professional military types up against deadly corporate paramilitaries? :3

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

I happen to agree with you here Milo.

I really don't think the Serps would be in it for anything other than "A quick few bucks".

My dear sir or madam. One of the worst mistakes you could possibly make, is to assume that a criminal organization is merely out for "a few quick bucks." A few quick bucks is what the corner drug dealer wants to make. A few quick bucks is what a criminal earns, when he's just starting out - because the whole point of crime is to make more money than is legally feasible!

An organization such as Serpentis, with its countless members, should be assumed to be capable of far greater forethought. I, for one, suspect there's a grand reason why they hijacked that Titan...

To figure out what that reason is, ask yourselves... "what can a Titan do, that no other ship can?"

Perhaps the incorrect use of wording is missleading here, as compared to what I thought to myself.

Rephrased, that the Serpentis corporation can use the discord and diverted attention of the Major empires to further its own agenda's and reap exorbitantly large amounts of ISK... to fund some grand plan involving a Titan, or maybe even a second? >_>

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

Louella, I <3 you.

Saikoyu

• Omelette

"Nice coastal city you have there, planetary governor. Would be a real shame if there was an improbably large tide. A real shame indeed."

?

I will now and forever think of that Monty Python skit when ever someone mentions the Serps.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

Well, thing about the Serpentis Corporation is that...

They look like they'd fit in a Bond film. With all the improbable and outlandish schemes they come up with.

"Ah Bond, come in. Now, what do you know about the Serpentis Corporation?"
"Pharmaceuticals. Recreational ones. Owned by Salvador Sarpati. Moved after a dispute with the government. Stole a Solteur titan."
"Yes. Very good. Have a look at this."
"A shipping manifest. Jump drive components. Isotopes. Hmm, lots of them."
"Exactly Bond. Lots of them. Ordered by a Serpentis shell company infiltrated by Federal Intelligence. Intelligence believes they are planning on updating and moving the Solteur, possibly using it. Obviously this cannot be allowed to happen. We want you to go there, find out where it is, and destroy it, if it's not possible to retrieve it."

Later on it is revealed that Sarpati wants to use the Solteur to... Write his name on Gallente Prime's Moon!

I loled.

A lot.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
Pages: 1 [2]