Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE has been at war with enemies of the empire ever since its foundation?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Serpentis Actors (Involvement in Nation Attacks, Etc, Mild Raeg)  (Read 4203 times)

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

Julianus Soter > why isn't there a 4 page long backstage thread about this?

Probably going to end up crossposting this on Backstage in a few days, but anyways:

-Serpentis Actor pops up in Orvolle: Fantasic! Turns out CCP haven't forgotten Serp Faction after all.

Mail Sent out pointing out that Serpentis should really be using the Incursions to push their own agenda:

Re: Placid
Sent: 2010.12.12 20:04
To: Aerte Benset

[OMITTED]
I'm amazed that people can happily claim to wreck Serpentis property, kill employees and expect no retribution.

Why chase ghosts around the cluster when there's profit to be made and oportunities to wreck your enemies?

--------------------------------
Sent: 2010.12.12 19:27
To: Milo Caman,

And how did you suppose I could help here?

--------------------------------
Sent: 2010.12.11 19:09
To: Aerte Benset,

Ms Benset

In light of the Incursion at Orvolle, I'd like to bring to your attention the following article.

The Serpentis should be using these Incursions as an opportunity to push their own agenda, not involving themselves in struggles between the Nation and the Empires.
Yes, the Nation are a potential threat, but short of them infringing on Serpentis Space, I think we can safely leave the Faction Navies and Independent Capsuleer groups to deal with them.
[OMITTED]
I do hope you’ll take this into consideration.

Regards
Milo Caman
CEO of Anshar Incorporated

-Unconfirmed Sighting of Serpentis actor in Khanid Space. Apparantly left before I arrived. Orvolle is a fairly logical place to show up, but Khanid is really rather out of the way. I'm concerned CCP are going to just run the serps into a head-on conflict with the nation, totally ignoring the fact that they're an amoral organization only out there for profit + power. This is probably unfounded.

Thoughts on where this might go?

Also, Apologies for minor Pyramid Quote

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots

Maybe they took your EVE Fiction post to heart?  Wait and see, I guess...

Meanwhile, keep on reppin' True Serp.  :)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

nice. Shiney.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette

I happen to agree with you here Milo.

I really don't think the Serps would be in it for anything other than "A quick few bucks".
Although they have been in the business of helping out at major points recently, see their aid assistance at the planet that imploded when the wormholes appeared (forget the name right now)

So really, I think its a good idea to make CCP think a bit more about their direction with the Serps as they really are quite awesome :P

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

Here's hoping we get some response from CCP. Looks like people here want to see what happens as much as we do. :D

Serps get that money! >:U
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

I happen to agree with you here Milo.

I really don't think the Serps would be in it for anything other than "A quick few bucks".

My dear sir or madam. One of the worst mistakes you could possibly make, is to assume that a criminal organization is merely out for "a few quick bucks." A few quick bucks is what the corner drug dealer wants to make. A few quick bucks is what a criminal earns, when he's just starting out - because the whole point of crime is to make more money than is legally feasible!

An organization such as Serpentis, with its countless members, should be assumed to be capable of far greater forethought. I, for one, suspect there's a grand reason why they hijacked that Titan...

To figure out what that reason is, ask yourselves... "what can a Titan do, that no other ship can?"

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

My dear sir or madam. One of the worst mistakes you could possibly make, is to assume that a criminal organization is merely out for "a few quick bucks." A few quick bucks is what the corner drug dealer wants to make. A few quick bucks is what a criminal earns, when he's just starting out - because the whole point of crime is to make more money than is legally feasible!

An organization such as Serpentis, with its countless members, should be assumed to be capable of far greater forethought. I, for one, suspect there's a grand reason why they hijacked that Titan...

To figure out what that reason is, ask yourselves... "what can a Titan do, that no other ship can?"

- Fart and take out a blob of ships surrounding it (assuming the Solteur that the Serps have hasn't been "updated")
- Blow up one ship at a time with a stream of what I'll refer to as "titan piss" (if it has been "updated")
- Jump bridge ships that don't require a covops cloak.

Am I on track there? :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

Hm, and if they can bypass whatever cynojammers the empires use... like, say, the Thukkers did... :twisted:

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain

- Fart and take out a blob of ships surrounding it (assuming the Solteur that the Serps have hasn't been "updated")
- Blow up one ship at a time with a stream of what I'll refer to as "titan piss" (if it has been "updated")
- Jump bridge ships that don't require a covops cloak.

Am I on track there? :P
No, not yet.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

"Nice coastal city you have there, planetary governor. Would be a real shame if there was an improbably large tide. A real shame indeed."

?
\o/

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

The Serpentis are primarily interested in booster manufacturing and maybe some implant production as well, I thought. That said, while they might look to extend their operations into new areas, they don't strike me as the violent extortionist types directly. (That's why they contract the Guardian Angels, after all.)

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people

"Nice coastal city you have there, planetary governor. Would be a real shame if there was an improbably large tide. A real shame indeed."

?

Cookies. Though it'd have to be a rich planet :)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

They might not be inherently violent, but booster manufacturing isn't the ends, its the means. It's nice to have a constant stream of income from addicts, but you can't just sit on it forever, that's a waste of currency.

Boosters are the means, the Titan is a means, and the Sansha invasion could also be an opportunistic means. The ends, well, only Big Boss Sarpati knows that part.

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain

ooooh fun =)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

deadmau5 also released his new album, so I suggest anyone with loyalties to the Serpentis do their part and start passing copies to the underground Gallentean raves. All the cool kids are doin' it! :D

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
Will never happen to you
Pages: [1] 2