Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Author Topic: Is it ok to tell *CCP* they are DOING IT WRONG? (Imaginary dropships and stuff)  (Read 1826 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

This is usually why I tell people to clear it with an event actor / GM before doing something of this nature.

There are three parties at work here: Syneans (Anti-Nation), CCP, Nation Loyalists.

By far and large I've been watching how the Syneans work about this and see how CCP respond in kind. While this is a step in the direction of interactivity, it demands a level of involvement CCP have not been strictly clear on. Now if a CCP actor came into Synepublic and said you can't do this this and this to the upcoming planet incursions unless we say so, it might work. This lets them overwatch what is going down to a planet players are screwing around with and control it.

I've largely kept my guys away from involving themselves with planets like this because it opens a huge can of mess if I do so. If we receive x intelligence demanding y planet becomes Nation's, we could effectively abduct the entire population without anyone realizing we've done it. Inconsistency rises up, shitstorms are thrown, so on.

So, CCP need to put their foot down and make a box that says what you can do to planets while the box is open. Close the box when stuff is done, so we don't start a snowball of mass evacuations for one reason or another.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

I hope so. I agree with the post wholeheartedly, I'm just not sure CCP is gonna do anything about it. :/

Although I think I speak for the vast majority when I say, the constant IGS posts of "I saved x number of civilians, ph34r me" are doing nothing to improve the atmosphere of Sansha-related events. I know we're supposed to avoid saying anyone's RP is "wrong," and I agree with that ruling.

However, blatantly breaking canon by ignoring how difficult it is to actually evacuate planetside bodies (see: the entire Gallente-Caldari war, the good admiral had to make a gigantic diversion just to let the Caldari prepare for an evac), not to mention the fact that iirc, capsuleer ships can't get within atmospheric range of plants...

At this point, we're pretty much staring down the "did too, did not" slope.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Isobel Mitar

• Egger

Thank you, Else, for making the post.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people

Totally. I also think the problem is worse when it comes to lowsec. If you remember the "successful evacuation" thread, the author was challenged on that OOC in Synepublic and eventually resorted to the argument that "we can't risk our ships in lowsec to pirates, so how are we meant to win".
i.e. the Live Events are to some people about winning or losing at RP... and if things are too dangerous for them to fight back in space they'll happily god-mode it.

Luckily that guy has since turned pro-Nation :D

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

I'm just not sure CCP is gonna do anything about it. :/

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Altaen

• Clonejack
    • Molden Heath Community

Very nice post Else!

In regards to both having to discuss such things in EVE Fiction, and having more contact with GMs, storyline staff and event staff...I wonder if they could be persuaded to join Backstage and work with the RP community on such things? Or do they likely have some sort of rules against such things?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

They do read Backstage and respond on the EVE Fiction forum from time to time, referencing threads and posts here. Internal rules generally preclude them from responding without getting management approval for the specific post, however. (This also extends to blogs and such.)

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger

Interacting on a non-official forum would just turn into drama with cries of perceived favoritism if they weren't also doing the same on SHC for sov warfare players, etc.

Isobel Mitar

• Egger

Interacting on a non-official forum would just turn into drama with cries of perceived favoritism if they weren't also doing the same on SHC for sov warfare players, etc.

Indeed.

I feel it is also important to remember that Backstage is a RP community in Eve, not the RP community of Eve. (Even if it may feel like "the community" to some, perhaps by the virtue of it being their primary Eve community. :P )