Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Serpentis stole a Federation Navy Nyx, here is the  news item

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So how about that new ship?  (Read 4211 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: So how about that new ship?
« Reply #15 on: 10 Dec 2010, 06:34 »

I assume that the little pod thing that you see on the right of the picture (left of the ship), is a thing to hold a captive True Slave, to "assist" with codebreaking and stuff.

This ship just became 1000x awesomer.

Is what I mean. Or maybe they're in the lower of the glass bulges at the front.

and Takmahl had nothing to do with the Sansha afaik, it's all about Blood Raiders with the Takmahl.
\o/

Amann Karris

« Reply #16 on: 10 Dec 2010, 08:48 »

and Takmahl had nothing to do with the Sansha afaik, it's all about Blood Raiders with the Takmahl.
Kuvakei is allied with the Blood Raiders the last I heard...

Also:

Quote from: Hyperconsciousness
It was common knowledge that Sansha Kuvakei combined Jovian capsule technology with illegally modified brain implants in order to start off his notorious army of sycophants, but Empire attempts to replicate his research have always been unsuccessful, and it had long been postulated that the Jovians may have been one of the shadowy forces who secretly supported Kuvakei, supplying him with clandestine technologies in order to see what he could make of it.

If you look at what I linked, you might see something rather interesting.

In other words, when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

It is not impossible for Kuvakei to have been in contact with Takmahl technology, and even less impossible for the Jovians to have come into contact with said technology.  Seeing as how Kuvakei is also allied with the Blood Raiders, whom you have suggested could be in possession of such technology, is it not reasonable to infer that Kuvakei would have access to such technology?

Furthermore, given that we have access to in-game evidence of many of the technologies now employed by the four (though in reality five) Empires and the pirate factions were developed, either independently or previously in New Eden by the four "ancient races", could it not suggest that certain technologies (for instance, the capsule) could be combinations of very simple technologies present in ancient sites?

All that I'm suggesting is that the Amarr Empire has studied Sansha's Nation intensely, and have archaeological evidence suggesting similar technology was possessed by the Takmahl.  The mention of Marcus in particular, a scientist who worked on Jamyl's "rebirth" solidifies my inference that it is highly probable that the Amarr Empire would have unique insight into Sansha's Nation technology.

Jari Katir

« Reply #17 on: 10 Dec 2010, 22:43 »

It actually looks like a spaceship, if you want my opinion.
* Seriphyn is into his near-future sci-fi aesthetic

My opinion too, I know I know we're super advanced and all but it's a nice 'callback' to 'classic' space ships in design I think.
Pages: 1 [2]