Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: CCP Says: Ingame RP actions have ingame consequences, mkay?  (Read 21796 times)

Boma Airaken

• Egger

CONCORD reset me to +1.00 without contacting me or me having any say at all. I am pretty pissed. What started awesome, ended really fucking stupid. Didn't ask for the fix, didn't want the fix, CCP fail.

Best petition it then. If nothing else it should give the GM that recieves it a laugh.

Not the worst idea, but I am mostly emoraging about them adding in-game RP consequences, then having some middle management douchenozzle decide that no, nevermind, lets flipflop.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

Perhaps it was meant as a temporary penalty to allow a bit more realism?

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile

Perhaps it was meant as a temporary penalty to allow a bit more realism?

I'm not sure I follow the way you are using the word realism in this context.

How is it realistic to outlaw a character for firing on a government agent in pursuit of their duty and then, shortly afterwards, reverse that descision?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

A temporary 'retaliation' standings revision, to allow pilots loyal to the faction that was attacked to respond.

Like global criminal countdown, or killrights.

Boma Airaken

• Egger

A temporary 'retaliation' standings revision, to allow pilots loyal to the faction that was attacked to respond.

Like global criminal countdown, or killrights.

Makes a ton of sense Julianus, still stucks because nobody took advantage of it, and it didn't last long enough for anybody to reasonably take advantage of it. At least the evemails gave me an opportunity to make sandy-panties on IGS.

ETA: It was also kind of a bummer because we were forced to look like we took Astur's deal, when we made it very clear we didn't want it.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Somebody put took out a hit on the awesome.  :|

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Boma Airaken

• Egger

Somebody put took out a hit on the awesome.  :|

What did I miss?

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

Not the worst idea, but I am mostly emoraging about them adding in-game RP consequences, then having some middle management douchenozzle decide that no, nevermind, lets flipflop.

Have you tried petitioning it?

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette

I'm with the guys who say petition it.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo

So I'm betting that the  poor actor has gotten spanked for this and had the riot act read.

Seriously though it does make sense as I've still a hard time believing an officer from nation A should be able to set standings in regards to supra national entity B.

Mechanics wise I think CCP should either shit or get off the pot.
Everyone shooting Sansha mothership = -10 to Sansha and allies while getting positive to others
Everyone shooting Minmatar officer = -10 To Minmatar and allies while getting +ve to others
So on and so forth.

Thing is that this is CCP we're dealing with. This is not something they can automate just like that and thus we see willy nilly stuff like this. It's to much work and there's no way CCP will put the effort in.

So everyone gets their hope up with what looks like a CCP cuddle session only to end up bent over a table with hot tears of burning shame running down our faces as they have their with us.
it's shitty but its been like this for the entirety of the games existence, not like I see things improving.

But hey we'll get clickable links ingame so we can move the discussion up to "FU it says so right here ur RP is wrong" from todays "Ok it's not stated which way it is so I don't like it but it's your view of things".
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Boma Airaken

• Egger

Aaaaaand petitioned. I will keep yall up to date on how it goes.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread

Aaaaaand petitioned. I will keep yall up to date on how it goes.
So, does anyone know how this went?
-OOChé

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

I don't recall it ever being fixed. And Drake's the only one of the three still playing at all afaik.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo

It was fixed from what I remember being told by Koro.

Next I speak with him I'll see if he remembers.

Edit:
So I checked with Koro and my earlier reply in this thread was correct.
The standings reverted and apologies because actor overstepped his bounds.
Consider that all involved had no problem with their actions having consequences.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2015, 08:42 by Jekaterine »
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette

Deciding that the event actor was out of line was one of the more tragic decisions CCP has made over the years.

More of this sort of thing would have been amazing. They would have needed to put in place a transparent policy to regulate it OOC, ofc, but it would have been a much better direction.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9