Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raider elites do not generally mix with the rest of the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 50)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: CCP Says: Ingame RP actions have ingame consequences, mkay?  (Read 21800 times)

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

lolz.

About damn time tbh. Now, for the rest of TS-F . . . :D

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

So who is this Silonneri Balginia?

A Republic fleet pilot who was commanding a fight Sansha or something?

I seem to remember her being a Republic Fleet Admiral at one of the earliest incursions, although I'm not 100% sure on that.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Kybernetes Moros

So who is this Silonneri Balginia?

A Republic fleet pilot who was commanding a fight Sansha or something?

I seem to remember her being a Republic Fleet Admiral at one of the earliest incursions, although I'm not 100% sure on that.

Yeah, she kicked about some of the earlier Republic events as a Republic Fleet Admiral or something to that effect. This is the first we've seen of her in a good few months, I think.

I'd love to see this be carried on into future events, myself -- on both sides of the fence, as it were, and with standings / security status going up and down depending on how pilots act. It'd be a shame to see these consequences be a 'one time special', or only limited to security status hits against folks killing the fleet representatives.

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl

They've done this before, I got +2.00 to Kaalakiota for hauling a badger full of small arms for a Kaalakiota actor during the BoF arc in 2006.  It was pretty cool especially since Hamish is KK affiliated  8)  Do you guys think we'll see more this since Mercury is getting re-tasked or will incursions replace actor driven events?
It looks to me like incursions are going to be entirely replacing the actors. Mixed feelings about that.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette

Balginia's a Rep Fleet high up that we've met before. I have her exact title written down somewhere so I can be all polite and stuff IC if I need to talk to her. ;)

Nice touch from CCP.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain

They've done this before, I got +2.00 to Kaalakiota for hauling a badger full of small arms for a Kaalakiota actor during the BoF arc in 2006.  It was pretty cool especially since Hamish is KK affiliated  8)  Do you guys think we'll see more this since Mercury is getting re-tasked or will incursions replace actor driven events?
It looks to me like incursions are going to be entirely replacing the actors. Mixed feelings about that.

How on earth do you figure that?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=3484&build=sisi

that sort of thing, would be problematic, immersion wise, in that Citizen Astur can't be a npc battleship doing things in an incursion, while also piloting an event carrier elsewhere, can they?
\o/

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl

...  Do you guys think we'll see more this since Mercury is getting re-tasked or will incursions replace actor driven events?
Because they've been expending resources and energy on it for over half a year; why would they introduce a massive, long-term, self-governing mechanic which still requires the mediation of a living person on the other end taking time out of his workday? That makes absolutely no sense.

(edit: emphasis added :P )
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2010, 12:39 by Shae Tiann »

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people

I was hoping they'd start a new live event arc (or pick up an old unfinished one) once the Sansha incursions are automated.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll

Can we expect this sort of standings adjustment to take place with all public rp corps or was this just a rare moment of hope.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette

I suspect that once the incursions are in, the event team will turn their attention to elsewhere, and we'll only get a Sansha event if they plan some new thingy for them.

Which is, I think, fair enough. They can only do so many live-events, and there's so much more to the EVE world than just this.

Then again, yea, mixed feelings. FW background story was big when it started; compared FW still feels like a letdown. I fully expect incursions to "fade" in the same way, and while I sort of hope that too (EVE should not be about any one thing), it's also a bit sad.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

Sweet god yes hit me with that -10 stick to EVERYONEEEEEE

More on topic:

A cautionary turn of events, and a strain of activity that I hope is continued. More consequences for RP actions = Whose laughing now, everyone who just went Outlaw. It will really help lend some weight behind RP as more than fluffy say so when you can hit upside the head with a + or - (what ever else).

The flipside is of course is if someone abuses the positive consequences, but I imagine they have learned the lesson from AURORA in regards to that. I do wonder if one of the ways they will get around potential abusers is by creating unique items that can't be given off that character? Someone gets a faction battleship, but can't trade it off / eject out, so no economic damage from it being sold will occur - kind of deal.

I give this five pelvic thrusts out of six.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog

Wow.  I guess I'll have to move my shit to lowsec when I get back.  And learn how2pirate. ><

Boma Airaken

• Egger

[mod]Bigoted language is not acceptable on these forums [/mod]. CONCORD reset me to +1.00 without contacting me or me having any say at all. I am pretty pissed. What started awesome, ended really fucking stupid. Didn't ask for the fix, didn't want the fix, CCP fail.
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2010, 17:55 by Ciarente »

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile

CONCORD reset me to +1.00 without contacting me or me having any say at all. I am pretty pissed. What started awesome, ended really fucking stupid. Didn't ask for the fix, didn't want the fix, CCP fail.

Best petition it then. If nothing else it should give the GM that recieves it a laugh.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9