Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (Another) PF revamp and Chron hiatus  (Read 4432 times)

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
Re: (Another) PF revamp and Chron hiatus
« Reply #15 on: 08 Dec 2010, 16:48 »

I'm also 'cautiously optimistic' about this as well, and look foreward to what will be produced by it.

...as long as the people don't appear with exclaimation points over their heads.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 08 Dec 2010, 17:04 »

Cautious optimism as well. Right now, most of these suggestions are extremely, extremely vague, which keeps me from saying "Well, that sounds great!" or "Well, that sucks." It's more... well, let's see where this goes.

One thing I do hope they address: The EVElopedia search algorithm. I don't know what they're using for it, or if it's more related to the infodump nature of some of the pages somehow, but I often find searching EVElopedia to be one of the most annoying EVE-related tasks, period.

I noticed, and I'm not sure whether it means anything or not, but Tony G doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere in there. Unless I missed it, anyway.

My guess is he's to busy writing the Dust 514 book to be included on this.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #17 on: 08 Dec 2010, 17:31 »

Oh yeah, and I do hope they mean 1-2 years, not like 6+ years like with Incarna.

I would happily volunteer to assist. Actually, bloody hell, I might.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #18 on: 08 Dec 2010, 18:49 »

I would happily volunteer to assist. Actually, bloody hell, I might.
Yep, you should.... And just quietly insinuate all the apocryphal stuff that's been produced here into the final product. ^_^

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 09 Dec 2010, 12:18 »

I'll join the ranks of cautiously optimistic here. What they say they are attempting to do - things like provide factual, OOC info separately from stories and IC info - sound very, very good and exactly what we need.

I worry about the volunteer part, obviously. Volunteers tend to be players. Players tend to have agendas (obviously CCP devs have some, too, but It's Different). Then again, that said, depending on the timetable of this, it might come at a time when I need A Project.
Pages: 1 [2]