Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Author Topic: Providence  (Read 2494 times)

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
Providence
« on: 28 Nov 2010, 11:28 »

From your perspective, what's going on? On the odd occasion that I glance at the maps and have noted trends of change towards the imposition of a new order.  The CVA seems to be re-establishing a foothold in old South providence, slowly but surely.  Ev0ke seems to be playing the hammer against the glass window in the North. But what's happening?

Having supplemented this observation with digestion of Cosmopolite's and Jade Constantines well-written accounts here (reminiscent of the style of 'The world that never was'), this topic has piqued my interest.

What's your story or observation on this matter?

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
Re: Providence
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2010, 12:01 »

CVA seem to be reclaiming some territory, though if NC. and ev0ke decide they want rid of them they would have a tough time keeping the space. That said ev0ke have focussed far more on the other provi residents than CVA so might come to some accommodation even if only temporary.

OOC us in U'K are more than happy for CVA to get some space back, they may be our IC enemies but we respect them far more than the majority of the fight club alliances there. Most of those dudes are typical "EVE egos" players. So we're focussing on other things to do IC rather than oppose CVA for now, they have enough people to fight.
Hopefully Chribba is left alone though ;)

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2010, 12:59 »

Interesting. May Chribba be spared the storm, indeed.

Who is this NC. (or NC dot as I also hear) that you refer to? It seems to be a new term.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2010, 13:05 »

Northern Coalition, isn't it?

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2010, 13:15 »

"Northern Coalition" is a coalition of alliances in the "north" of EVE (including Majesta, Wildly Inappropriate, RAZOR, from the top of my head).

"Nothern Coalition.", also known as NCdot for reasons obvious if you look at the name carefully, is an alliance that, if I recall correctly, is actually hostile to the NC without a dot. They are the guys with ev0ke in Provi currently.

Yes, it gets confusing.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2010, 13:17 »

This is why Else does what she does. <3

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2010, 13:40 »

In my opinion, there are two major questions to be answered yet:

1, will CVA be able to secure the entry routes and other choke points into Providence? We've seen Ev0ke going after the KBP entrance, which also throws the G-5 entrance into peril. The Y-M pipe seems to be pretty firmly under the control of AGONY at the moment, while R3 seems to carry the best chance of being resecured. Even then, actually making those pipelines (relatively) safe to transit is a whole different issue.

2, does CVA have a plan to deal with the eventuality that whatever local power rules the majority of Catch will simply swing by and burn everything in Providence to the ground again, either for fun, profit, or strategic reasoning?

These two questions will decide the future of Providence with regards to CVA: If they can secure a route to Empire space, they may be able to restore an "open" Providence; however, if enough alliances such as Ev0ke continue to bite off large blocks of space instead of the mix-and-match of smaller alliances, it coudl quickly bog down or stop entirely.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 2010, 14:07 »

-A- seem to be working to fight back against Init. Whether they win and whether they retake all their previous space they do is another question. But it's possible they'll leave CVA in space if they're left alone, as they did for years before CVA & Co. attacking -A- while they fought goons.

NCdot is actually Triumvirate reborn from what I've heard, Tri tend to be one of the more 'wild-card' powers.

Vlad Cetes

• Rick Rollermeister
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 28 Nov 2010, 19:30 »

NC. is Tri Mark 4.

It has D00M, and R A from the original Tri. The Wr3tched is a reincarnation of Wr3ck, also Tri Mk 1.