Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "gods and spirits" is a popular Achura and Minmatar expression of disbelief?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [News] Capsuleer idolatry on the rise  (Read 4970 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
[News] Capsuleer idolatry on the rise
« on: 22 Nov 2010, 16:30 »

Huh...

Guess I wasn't so wrong after all.

Admittedly, I've run out of inspiration to add any new stuff to Seriphyn's "war hero" malarky. Nice to know it was "legit" at any rate.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: [News] Capsuleer idolatry on the rise
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2010, 17:10 »

You mean [Olds]?
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2010, 20:49 »

^ this.

Was funny. But they've taken this storyline in other directions since then.

Also, I miss mort.  :(

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2010, 20:50 »

Fascinating. I wonder if Istvaan has a fan club. If he does, it's probably full of weirdos who whack off to crime stories.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2010, 21:02 »

I've seen your business threads. Your fan club is other capsuleers.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2010, 14:45 »

Your fan club is other capsuleers.
o/ member

At the bottom of Seri's link there is a "hint" icon.  Never noticed those before.  When clicked it says:
GalNet = Intergalactic Summit. Those making their in-character points with grace and conviction, and backing them up with in-game action, will win the adulation of the masses and are likely to be included in the storyline.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2010, 14:47 »

At the bottom of Seri's link there is a "hint" icon.  Never noticed those before.  When clicked it says:
GalNet = Intergalactic Summit. Those making their in-character points with grace and conviction, and backing them up with in-game action, will win the adulation of the masses and are likely to be included in the storyline.

I've seen the hint links before. That one, however, deserves mention in the "ENOUGH" thread...

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #7 on: 23 Nov 2010, 15:32 »

I'm excited at the prospects, admittedly.

However, I must remind myself and others that the gist of this news item, along with it's 'hint' have come up before at least once in the past (I think it was also about Mr. Mort...hmmm), and it was just the usual BS.

Here's hoping it's a new day.

Fun prediction: [Removed, because I am an idiot who doesn't check the dates on things.]
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 16:00 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #8 on: 23 Nov 2010, 15:44 »

I think this probably is that "once before" occasion, Graelyn, as the article is dated to the end of 2004.  Just being rediscovered.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #9 on: 23 Nov 2010, 15:56 »

:bash:

Well, I feel silly.

Shame though, when that story came out, everyone was quite excited. I wish it hadn't been for nothing.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 16:02 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Saxon Hawke

• Omelette
    • Free Intaki
« Reply #10 on: 23 Nov 2010, 16:05 »

I don't know so much about "the storyline" but the ILF has never been shy about using the IGS to promote itself, its cause and its activities.

As a result, we have been featured in a number of "official" news items. It also got me in on some personal personal correspondence with Vorada Kuvakei, leader of the Illoren during the Rise incident.

I think if you make yourself known and CCP likes what you're doing, they do little things to let you know its appreciated.

Orestes

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 23 Nov 2010, 16:22 »

I don't know so much about "the storyline" but the ILF has never been shy about using the IGS to promote itself, its cause and its activities.

As a result, we have been featured in a number of "official" news items. It also got me in on some personal personal correspondence with Vorada Kuvakei, leader of the Illoren during the Rise incident.

I think if you make yourself known and CCP likes what you're doing, they do little things to let you know its appreciated.

"Ishaeka" as well - the name given to the CONCORD task force involved with the Sansha invasions.
That's taken directly from ILF's Intaki language work.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 23 Nov 2010, 17:59 »

Yes. . . the reports for which my associates and I received due to an IGS thread nobody read. XD

Orestes

• Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 24 Nov 2010, 15:19 »

You have it backwards, perhaps, in that the thread didn't kick it off, just added more fuel to the fire. There are not exactly a whole lot of outwardly CONCORD-aligned egger corps with experience in wormhole exploration!

That Synenose responded to the first wormhole event on IGS just reinforces the idea - they were an obvious point to leak the information. A stone's throw from CONCORD, but capsuleers (so free to do what the hell they want with the information). Any number of CONCORD people could be in touch with a corporation like that, making the task of figuring out who leaked the intelligence much more difficult...and their professed interest in wormholes meant that they would not turn the information away.

The perfect storm, I would say. I mean c'mon. Your name is even Julianus Soter. It practically writes itself. :lol:

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 24 Nov 2010, 20:34 »

Ohgod, the name. I picked that three years ago due to my perception of pseudo-greek influences in post-Gate culture and my curiosity with various classical military figures. Some greek-speakers in eve poke fun at me periodically when they see it  :lol:

It probably didn't help me much I had never intended for this character to be an "RP" character. And my only experience with RP was Knights of the Old Republic.

Regarding the OP, wasn't there some kind of CONCORD statement given out in 2006 or something, at the turn of the year, about how the general citizenry shouldn't idolize Capsuleer Alliances? Thought that was kind of curious.
Pages: [1] 2