Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa megacorporation owns as much as 1/3 of all real estate in the Caldari State, and is considered one of the State's most ruthless corporations?

Author Topic: Vitoc evelopedia entry  (Read 2998 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Vitoc evelopedia entry
« on: 10 Nov 2010, 07:34 »

Did anyone notice this?

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Vitoxin

CCP Dropbear added quite a bit of PF regarding Vitoc, Vitoc Cure and some of the events in the past related to it.

i may be mistaken, but never have seen so much info about it.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
Re: Vitoc evelopedia entry
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2010, 08:37 »

Well, one thing is certain - whoever wrote that article, used to be a raver.

Rodj Blake

• Egger
  • Amarr Victor Meldrew
« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2010, 08:48 »

Footnote 4 is intriguing

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2010, 09:15 »

Oooh. I likey.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2010, 09:39 »

Very nice. Especially as a lot of the information from the EM research document has now been made offcial lore (in fact a clear copy/paste).

I would love to do science articles for EVE except it goes against my interest to do completely "make up science"; there needs to be some in game action or feature that it ties with or it will feel too fake and unprofessional for my taste. I am after all more of a scientist than a fictional writer.

Doing real science in a virtual world where there are no natural variabilites a limited access to different populations is a bit tricky, though, I have had a few topics that I could study... if I ever get around to it.
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2010, 09:43 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2010, 10:45 »

Very nice. Especially as a lot of the information from the EM research document has now been made offcial lore (in fact a clear copy/paste).

I would love to do science articles for EVE except it goes against my interest to do completely "make up science"; there needs to be some in game action or feature that it ties with or it will feel too fake and unprofessional for my taste. I am after all more of a scientist than a fictional writer.

Doing real science in a virtual world where there are no natural variabilites a limited access to different populations is a bit tricky, though, I have had a few topics that I could study... if I ever get around to it.

this means things like the occurrence of space lesbians, as published on IGS, could become PF?

/o\
\o/

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:08 »

this means things like the occurrence of space lesbians, as published on IGS, could become PF?

/o\

No, but all Muck Raker posts can.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2010, 11:28 »

/o\
No, but all Muck Raker posts can.

I meant this thread http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1248530

it has graphs!
\o/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2010, 04:10 »

I meant this thread http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1248530

it has graphs!

Best thread ever.

Aye, except Anneka assumed a normal distribution in her data analysis instead of the correctly binomial distribution. Still, there were some interesting results to be found.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 11 Nov 2010, 07:54 »

i may be mistaken, but never have seen so much info about it.

Maybe they know something that we don't. But any way it's good there so much info about it.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2010, 16:38 »

Aye, except Anneka assumed a normal distribution in her data analysis instead of the correctly binomial distribution. Still, there were some interesting results to be found.

... Why don't you pick up the mantle and run somewhere with the initial results? :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2010, 19:38 »

it has graphs!

Best thread ever.

As any statistician knows, the Central Limit Theorem enables the transformation of a set of independent identically distributed random variables of any distribution type into a normal distribution via a simple formula.

Anneka's methods, while not entirely rigorous, can be refined and made valid.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 15 Nov 2010, 05:54 »

... Why don't you pick up the mantle and run somewhere with the initial results? :P

I did. I wrote Sviw's reply to the thread.

I had to analyze and divide by ship class as otherwise the significant higher rate of space lesbians flying battleships than in the general population would have been blurred by the no difference in the populations of the other ship classes giving no statistical findings at all.