Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Wiyrkomi megacorporation is known for the trustworthiness and stubborn patriotism of the founding Seituoda family, who are still thought to own the controlling interest in the company?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Chronicle] The Desert Fathers  (Read 4329 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: [Chronicle] The Desert Fathers
« Reply #15 on: 07 Nov 2010, 23:16 »

stuff

Gottii actually kinda had the idea that the Jovians gave the cluster capsuleer technology as a means of countering the oncoming Sansha threat.  Since capsuleers are powerful, immortal, random, and above all independent and hard to control, they seem to be an ideal anti-Sansha immune system.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #16 on: 08 Nov 2010, 00:20 »

Were that true, then why are capsuleers destroying more lives daily in the cluster, than what Nation has uplifted over the course of several months?

While that can be a completely justifiable sense of perception to capsuleers who can't dare think of themselves being the greatest threat to the safety of the cluster, the reality to the whole picture far from that simple.

Edit: Oh, and Ken... as I haven't commented it in public, I think that's a very interesting analogy there. :)
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2010, 01:15 by Arvo Katsuya »

Random Lost Soul

« Reply #17 on: 08 Nov 2010, 01:22 »

So, Arvo, what do you know about Ice?   :yar:

You think you fear us, but we would be the tools of your salvation if you allow us. You know, sitting in your goo-filled pod, coupled to machinery, data jacked directly into your brain, segregated from your parent society by your experiences and unique opportunities that WE DO NOT BELONG HERE.

The fate of the Jovians proves this. The Sanshas prove it. The Drones prove it. The Caldari State proves it. The Amarrian Empire proves it. CONCORD proves it. We brought our old wars and conflicts to this place, and have been rejected by it. The destiny of mankind in the Eve Cluster is marked by the empty tombs of the Sleepers, the Takmahl, the Talocan, and the Yan Jung. Their ghosts reach out from the past to claim us.

Our hope for salvation lies with the Eve Gate. When we are purged, when we are worthy, the Eve Gate shall free us from this place, and those of us whose spirits survive this place shall go forth to our homelands, to redemption.

But first we must free ourselves from the institutions that make us unworthy. First we must declare with one voice that we are ready for deliverence.

Would you like to play a game?   :twisted:

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #18 on: 08 Nov 2010, 01:25 »

Sure.

But you're only proving a point I only just made to Ken. ;)

Random Lost Soul

« Reply #19 on: 08 Nov 2010, 01:34 »

Sure.

But you're only proving a point I only just made to Ken. ;)
Never said you were right or wrong... only that perhaps you should look a little deeper.  It may not make sense at first. :bear:

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #20 on: 08 Nov 2010, 01:41 »

It may not make sense at first.
I move that this be made the official tagline of EVE.  Can you make that happen?

Random Lost Soul

« Reply #21 on: 08 Nov 2010, 01:45 »

I move that this be made the official tagline of EVE.  Can you make that happen?
Wait, what?

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #22 on: 08 Nov 2010, 02:13 »

Seconded.

It's basically the entire Sleeper story arc.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #23 on: 08 Nov 2010, 08:16 »

/signed
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 08 Nov 2010, 11:48 »

The mention of archaea caught my attention, and now it's burning a hole in it. Coupled with what we know about Jovians' methods of ship-building... bacteria that affect metal? Yes please.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaea#Significance_in_technology_and_industry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaea#Mutualism

So Istvaan, how much do you know about Rogue Drones and Sleepers?
Aside from my humble stories, nothing. I just figured something like sentient AI was an inevitable consequence of human desire for artificial servitude. We're addicted to technology and laziness - AI is inescapable :F

Oh - they can also infest living tissue. That could certainly explain how they got a hold of Jove station BPOs - they just ran off a copy.

edit: ooooooohhhh...
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2010, 12:13 by hellgremlin »

Kybernetes Moros

« Reply #25 on: 08 Nov 2010, 12:54 »

You think you fear us, but we would be the tools of your salvation if you allow us. You know, sitting in your goo-filled pod, coupled to machinery, data jacked directly into your brain, segregated from your parent society by your experiences and unique opportunities that WE DO NOT BELONG HERE.

The fate of the Jovians proves this. The Sanshas prove it. The Drones prove it. The Caldari State proves it. The Amarrian Empire proves it. CONCORD proves it. We brought our old wars and conflicts to this place, and have been rejected by it. The destiny of mankind in the Eve Cluster is marked by the empty tombs of the Sleepers, the Takmahl, the Talocan, and the Yan Jung. Their ghosts reach out from the past to claim us.

Our hope for salvation lies with the Eve Gate. When we are purged, when we are worthy, the Eve Gate shall free us from this place, and those of us whose spirits survive this place shall go forth to our homelands, to redemption.

But first we must free ourselves from the institutions that make us unworthy. First we must declare with one voice that we are ready for deliverence.

Where's that from (or adapted from)?

When I looked, I found no references to it or segments of it, so I'm inclined to say that it's your own creation, but hey, might as well ask and make sure.

Random Lost Soul

« Reply #26 on: 08 Nov 2010, 13:46 »

Where's that from (or adapted from)?

When I looked, I found no references to it or segments of it, so I'm inclined to say that it's your own creation, but hey, might as well ask and make sure.
There was an old EoM corp a few years ago, they sort of appeared and then dropped off the map.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Josan%20Alfuano
Pages: 1 [2]