Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That KillJoy Tseng's first season racing rifter later sold for 75 million ISK?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: THE EMPIRES CALL FOR AID  (Read 18093 times)

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
Re: BREAKING NEWS: THE EMPIRES CALL FOR AID
« Reply #150 on: 16 Nov 2013, 18:48 »

Q. What was the expected outcome of yesterday's event? Was more than one result considered? Did things go to plan?

A. While there was an outcome that we anticipated; we wanted to leave the event as open ended as possible. We expected the Empire forces to successfully destroy the structure, interdict the pirate frigates who were trying to salvage what they could, and "win", so to speak. The actual outcome was different - the pirates won and got away with their research, and although the destruction of the structure was inevitable, the story impact of the actual outcome takes things off in a different direction than we had initially expected, which is cool!

This... is either a blatant lie or distressingly stupid.

The structures were apparently indestructible. So blatant lie it seems like.

CCP as repeatedly insisted that they were not indestructible.

While I didn't make it to the end room, I'd be willing to bet there were a few LCOs mixed in with the target structure. People probably shot the wrong thing and got the zero damage message, and mistakenly assumed all hope was lost.

I've played enough missions to know that not everything in EVE can be blown up, even when there's something you should be blowing up.

It's also worth noting that the nullsec crowd did end up mopping the floor with the dev fleet and the structures.

That's what makes that bit about their expectation of the highsec fleet so mindblowing.  How the Hell did they figure that wouldn't turn into a shooting gallery for nullsec alliances?

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #151 on: 22 Nov 2013, 09:16 »

IC, the event was a disaster (from the empires viewpoint anyway).
OOC, I think it pretty much as well as the first empire -> 0.0 event could go. And considering the poor choices made by CCP, it actually went pretty good. On top, that whole storyline of the growing gap between empires and capsuleers is actually (although unintentionally) quite nicely underlined by this event, in my opinion.
Now, some of what CCP wrote down does make me wonder if they know the game they've created and that worries me a bit, but hey... :psyccp:. I guess I've learned not to expect miracles from them.
-OOChé

Lyn Farel

« Reply #152 on: 22 Nov 2013, 13:35 »

I honestly fear the direction they are taking with that gap between capsuleers and empires growing bigger and bigger, and capsuleers emancipating themselves and getting their own empires. While it can surely bring interesting things, it's basically widening the gap even more between us and the lore... It's already annoying as it is...

Vikarion

« Reply #153 on: 22 Nov 2013, 17:10 »

I honestly fear the direction they are taking with that gap between capsuleers and empires growing bigger and bigger, and capsuleers emancipating themselves and getting their own empires. While it can surely bring interesting things, it's basically widening the gap even more between us and the lore... It's already annoying as it is...

On the other hand, given CCP's handling of events, it's quite possible that they'll simply drive players into the arms of the empires, from the player's point of view.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #154 on: 23 Nov 2013, 14:55 »

Or, we'll all just forget this in a few weeks, with the exception of the rather eternal reputation of CCP's event team as being 'fuckin derplords'.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #155 on: 25 Nov 2013, 18:43 »

Or, we'll all just forget this in a few weeks, with the exception of the rather eternal reputation of CCP's event team as being 'fuckin derplords'.

Sometimes I love you so much.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #156 on: 25 Nov 2013, 22:07 »

Sometimes I love you so much.

Only sometimes?

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #157 on: 26 Nov 2013, 11:35 »

Remember, that's Vince. His default mode of interaction with the rest of reality is HATEHATEHATEHATE.  ;)
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #158 on: 26 Nov 2013, 15:11 »

Remember, that's Vince. His default mode of interaction with the rest of reality is HATEHATEHATEHATE.  ;)

I think this picture taken of Vince spells something different.
Namely WUBWUBWUBWUB ;)

Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #159 on: 30 Nov 2013, 04:51 »

There really isn't an events team anymore anyway.

Falcon is busy with additional tasks. Eterne is busy with the New player training event things.

So...
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #160 on: 30 Nov 2013, 04:58 »

New players event what ?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #161 on: 30 Nov 2013, 07:40 »

the things where CCP shows rookie players about things. Eterne runs some part of these. If I could connect to eve's website, I could get a link, but I can't.
\o/

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #162 on: 30 Nov 2013, 08:22 »

New players event what ?
I suppose Louella means this.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #163 on: 01 Dec 2013, 01:46 »

Namely WUBWUBWUBWUB ;)

*Awesome Picture*

A teacup of love for you as well. Just this once.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #164 on: 01 Dec 2013, 05:32 »

Namely WUBWUBWUBWUB ;)

Oh sure, it all starts as pink.  But then the hate suffuses and infects the fluffy, twisting it and destroying it, consuming the very soul of pink in a vortex of loathing.  Then he goes off and starts giving people cryptic advice about time travel.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]