Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That travelling to planets takes quite a long time?  For more, read here.

Author Topic: [T.R.I.A.D] Slave Liberation: Operation Toog'An'Rakk  (Read 3468 times)

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora

Relates to GalNet post http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1384464

I thought maybe i could use this thread to let people know when campaigns around this are taking place.
This campaign is for T.R.I.A.D Agency members and will be rewarding members with Loyalty Points and bonus rewards for taking part.  To become a T.R.I.A.D Agency member follow these steps:

1. Simply visit http://triad-eve.net/ (INGAME ONLY) and register on the left.  Make sure that the url is trusted too.

2.  An admin will review your faction/corp standings and grant you access.  You will recieve an evemail if you have been granted access or not with details of how to access our mission agents on the above site. 

Details of Operation Toog'An'Rakk (an example as seen through the campaigns agent on site)

DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
Re: [T.R.I.A.D] Slave Liberation: Operation Toog'An'Rakk
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2010, 15:34 »

Did anything come of this operation? I was in Amarr in a Guardian to rep NPCs for about an hour towards the end of the op, didn't see either hostiles or wrecks though.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2010, 16:13 »

I missed being able to show up and hunt you guys, but it'd be doubly sad if you didn't get out at all.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2010, 01:55 »

Did anything come of this operation? I was in Amarr in a Guardian to rep NPCs for about an hour towards the end of the op, didn't see either hostiles or wrecks though.

Friday's planned op fell to bits after my graphic card decided to go pop as soon as i opened up EvE  :(

On Sunday, we did what ended up being a 'trial' run with newer agency members to show them the mechanics of NPC hauler hunting.  I will be keeping http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1384464 updated with each campaign and will be aiming to do at least 1 per week deep into Amarr.
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2010, 09:29 »

Additional campaign activated to coincide with this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2010, 09:35 »

Those are very precise LP awards.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 21 Sep 2010, 10:49 »

Actually, this operation focuses on one of the problems I have with many 'RP operations'.

I'm happy to try and interact with the operation, but I need to be aware of the operation and present at the right time and location. In normal situations, if an operation is kept 'covert' (as it probably should be), the odds of me being there to interact at the right place and right time is very, very small.

It was already a good thing that I knew about it OOC, so I could at least try to interact with this op. However, with it being cancelled without my knowledge, I was effectively a bored player flying around in his Guardian, thinking: 'hmmmm... this is not a fun thing to spend my evening on.'

EVE is so large and RP-ers relatively few, that I find it difficult to interact in ways with some groups other than joining a specific channel and doing 'chat-RP'.

Hence I'm trying to think of RP operations that require the presence or interaction of other RP-ers.

What my question is to Det Resprox if he got sufficient response and interaction outside of his own direct circle for this operation and if he would like to prefer more interaction (OOCly).

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2010, 02:19 »

Those are very precise LP awards.

Hi Caiella,

The pictures shown are how i see them on my character.  Each agency member has their own individual LP and standings, where LP is boosted for each member depending on their T.R.I.A.D standing - in the way it would go up as you continue to run NPC missions.  Additional modifiers are handed to the FC for how many participants he had on the campaign.  Additional modifiers are also handed out to other parrticipants based upon the FC's T.R.I.A.D standing as a 'rep' booster kind of thing :)

I'll post the formulae in this post a little later (it's a bit complex).

Actually, this operation focuses on one of the problems I have with many 'RP operations'.

I'm happy to try and interact with the operation, but I need to be aware of the operation and present at the right time and location. In normal situations, if an operation is kept 'covert' (as it probably should be), the odds of me being there to interact at the right place and right time is very, very small.

It was already a good thing that I knew about it OOC, so I could at least try to interact with this op. However, with it being cancelled without my knowledge, I was effectively a bored player flying around in his Guardian, thinking: 'hmmmm... this is not a fun thing to spend my evening on.'

EVE is so large and RP-ers relatively few, that I find it difficult to interact in ways with some groups other than joining a specific channel and doing 'chat-RP'.

Hence I'm trying to think of RP operations that require the presence or interaction of other RP-ers.

What my question is to Det Resprox if he got sufficient response and interaction outside of his own direct circle for this operation and if he would like to prefer more interaction (OOCly).

Totally agree Merdaneth,

In reality operations woulde kept top secret.  But i want to get RP-ers involved as much as possible on either side of these events so as to give more element of danger for those involved, and for those  we are against trying to stop it.  I suppose one way would be to keep our website news page updated on a daily basis for planned operations.

I have a dream that one day, the agency will be a model for each RP corp/alliance of each race where missions can be created which would then create a counter mission for the enemy in question.  A system that would work for example that if T.R.I.A.D created a campaign with a location/time in our agency, it would create a counter-mission with the same time/location for the enemy agency to couteract it.  This is enirely possible but the likeliness of anyone buying into it with the effort involved on my part make it look bleak.

Getting involvement on all sides where an operation is concerned is key to enriching the RP element and helps to generate enemies and allies and opens up other options.  At the moment, we have about 10 agency members spread through Amarr space in different systems.  If you have any ideas for how we could communicate then i'm all ears.  But something feels wrong if i popped into a channel and shouted ' Hey guys we are over here' :p
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2010, 02:21 by DeT Resprox »
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 22 Sep 2010, 09:19 »

Sorry for poking my nose into this, but the problem Merdaneth spoke of is one I've had problems with as well.  Anway, three ideas for your consideration. 

1.  Locater agents, or however its said.  Honestly, I don't know how good those would be, I've never used them much myself, but I think they can track people when they are actually flying around, right?  Downside is they can get expensive.

2.  The OOC route.  Have the two fleet commanders have a channel open between them, and have the attacker say something like, okay we went through Jita five minutes ago.  You could say this is from something like the Amarrian navy passing the word up the chain of command to someone who called in the capsulers.

3.  The mostly IC route.  Have the attacker tell the defender when the op is taking place, and leave it up to the defender to organize scouts or anything else needed.  Actually, with a combination of 1 and 3, you could probably get away with only knowing a general time. 

Anyway, my crazy ideas for the day. 

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #9 on: 29 Sep 2010, 14:23 »

The Imperials need and infiltrator or covert operative in your organization or being part of your raiding groups, one who can see when ops go down.

Then you have times established. After that, as said, locator agents will work fine. They don't cost to much and if several members have them you can al keep running a few runs on known agency members (that you know are online and in the raid) and once they start poping up in Empire space you know the general area, beyond that you can sue scouts in the Empire fleet to find them.

The only problem to go with all of this is the desire to 'win' more that merely taking part. The raiders run light ships to go fast hit-and-runs on the slaver transports or any Imperials they can take down, and if the responce show up all in heavy stuff one of two things happen:

1. The Raiders slip away unable to engage and the defenders unable to tackle properly.
2. The Radiers try to fight anyhow and are massacred by bigger ships, Imperial navy and possibly sentries.

Best hopes would be to have Imperial spies in the Raider's organization, so you now times. Locator agents and scouts to see where, and a reply fleet comprised mostly of the same ship classes to make it more fair for both sides, to use smaller and more disposable ships anyway, and to get more fights between raiders and the Imperials.

If both sides have alot of fun on these raids then it will attract more attention, T.R.I.A.D get's known for running raids for the TLF and any possible FDU people interested, the defenders counter with a 'defend our space' op set to go more-or-less when the raid goes made up of 24th and STPRO forces. The more fun the more people and it all goes from there.