Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the higher levels of space stations are restricted to the elite, with capsuleers occupying the very top decks? (The Burning life p. 73)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Lutinari Syndicate -- Matari tribal corporation  (Read 4942 times)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Come child, keep an old man company. 

This trip has been a long one, and there is something special I want you to see.

Come, look out this porthole.  At that gate.  Right over there, its getting bigger!  Yes, those lights!  Those are what we’re hoping to see.  We’re blessed to see them, they say they don’t appear much in these times.

What are they?  I don’t know child.  Many people have tried to explain them away.  The scientists have their own views I’m told.  The Caldari and the Gallente have their own legends.  Our masters are silent about such things, and they do not like us to speak of it. 

But we’ve always told tales, in quiet places.  I’ve heard them called the Lutin.

Some say they are the tears of our ancestors, who see what the Long Night has done to us.  Others say it is the spirits, telling us to endure, that one day we will overcome and live has men and women, not just as servants.  The most common tale says that if you see this, then your firstborn son will be blessed with freedom.

Some of our People have used them as a symbol, as a promise, than one day every son and daughter of Matar will be born free, and that our songs and legends will be free of tales of slavery and of the Amarr. 

Do I believe in the legends about the lights?  I do not know, child.  I’ve seen much in my days, and much can be made to seem true when it is not. 

But I do believe in those who do.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are the Lutinari Syndicate, a syndicate of captains dedicated to the preservation of the Matari people.  While we are a new corporation, the Syndicate is made up of experienced fleet commanders and pilots of the Electus Matari. 

We regularly take to the skies against the Amarr, pirates, and any others who wish to do harm to the Matari.  We hope to build and expand industry and markets into the frontiers of the Republic and beyond, building and securing a home for our people.

What we offer

*The chance to help build a new corporation within the framework of a large, established alliance

*Team work, mentoring and camaraderie

*The chance to take part in industrial and marketing projects as LUTI expands into the Republic’s frontiers

*Regular combat operations with experienced fleet commanders and pilots

*The chance to serve the Republic and its people, and to add to the legends and songs of the Matari 

*No mandatory duties

*Alliance run reimbursement for ships lost in the line of duty against other capsuleers.

What we require

*To be a pilot who has had their license for more than 14 days.

*Willingness to abide by NRDS (Not Red: Dont Shoot) Rules of Engagement

*Willingness to support the Matari through word and deed

*Initiative and a willingness to lead your own projects as well as support others in theirs

*Willingness to serve and operate in times of war; the Electus Matari has many enemies, and we are no strangers to conflict

*While willing to aid and help finance certain projects, we require our pilots to be self-sufficient.

While our operations occasionally take us into 0.0 space, in particular the Great Wildlands, LUTI has no  plans to expand into null sec.  The Republic is our home and our mission, and we have no plans to leave. 

If Interested
Please contact Captains Gottii, Matariki Rain, or Altaen, or join the channel “LUTI-Public”.

(OOC information)

*Above all, LUTI is a roleplaying corporation.  We are an immersionist corporation, which basically can be boiled down to everything we do, we try to do in character (IC).  This doesn’t mean speaking in “thee” and “thous” and being dramatic all the time (we would rather you not actually), but just a willingness to do as much as possible in character.  This is not “RP Lite”, though we do have OOC (out of character) channels.

*No RP experience is necessary, though a willingness to try is.

*We’re primarily a Minmatar, tribal-based role-play (RP) group, though other player races and backgrounds are welcome.  That said, we're always eager for Matari pilots. If you're starting a new rookie character, starting a Matari pilot would be looked upon favorably.

*We believe in real life over EVE; it really is just a game

*Characters that at least try to fit within the confines of the Eve Universe. We’re trying to play fairly “normal” capsuleers.  Please, no time travelers, angels of death in human form or fairy princesses.  This doesn’t mean you have to have an encyclopedic knowledge of EVE prime fiction, but making the attempt is greatly appreciated

*An understanding that RP words and actions matter as much as what you do in space.  If your character RPs as a slaver who sells captured Minmatar to the Angels, you’re going to be fired, and most likely set red, no matter how great you are as a combat pilot or industrialist.

*Humor and sanity are always appreciated.

« Last Edit: 15 May 2011, 09:03 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
Re: The Lutinari Syndicate -- Matari tribal corporation
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2010, 13:47 »

Friendly bump for a good crew  :D

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2010, 14:39 »

Best of luck out there.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2010, 13:37 »

uhh...bump.  Yeah, thats it.
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2011, 15:52 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Maximum Kiely

• Owner-Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2011, 13:12 »

Hi Gotti

I'd be interested in learning more about your corp... sounds like the type of corp I'm looking for.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2011, 04:59 »

I'd be interested in learning more about your corp... sounds like the type of corp I'm looking for.

Join LUTI-Public and say hello in character. It'd be good to meet someone else who's active around the Heath.

I'd recommend having a good think about why a recent State War Academy boy might be interested in a tribal-focused corp, and why a tribal-focused group might be interested in a recent Caldari graduate.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2011, 13:53 »

Join LUTI-Public and say hello in character. It'd be good to meet someone else who's active around the Heath.

I'd recommend having a good think about why a recent State War Academy boy might be interested in a tribal-focused corp, and why a tribal-focused group might be interested in a recent Caldari graduate.

Obviously he'd be drawn in by the Sebiestor in the leather catsuit...

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2011, 14:44 »

Who wouldn't? ;)

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2011, 15:50 »

Goddamnit, just realized I pressed "quote" instead of "modify" 

Ill edit the original post, and could I get a mod to erase the second post?  Thanks
― Isaac Asimov

Maximum Kiely

• Owner-Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2011, 15:36 »

Thanks Matariki!

I'll check that out tonight.

I've been putting some thought into my character as a dissenter and how to RP it. 

As for SWA, if your enemy is willing to teach you his ways of war should you not be interested? That's what I'm going with for now anyway.  :D

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2011, 22:10 »

Now with cool Matari facial tats!
― Isaac Asimov

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #11 on: 01 May 2011, 03:16 »

Definitely a crew I'll recommend to any immersionist Matari. Especially if you're PvP interested.
There's some serious PvP wrecking balls in this corporation.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2011, 09:50 »

Definitely a crew I'll recommend to any immersionist Matari. Especially if you're PvP interested.
There's some serious PvP wrecking balls in this corporation.

We're not all wizard hats and unicorns.
― Isaac Asimov

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2011, 09:55 »

« Last Edit: 14 May 2011, 00:57 by Ciarente »
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Vieve

« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2011, 09:59 »

No, also Bonnie Tyler sing-alongs ...

Oh, the horror...
Pages: [1] 2