Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That CCP financed the initial development of EVE Online by publishing a board game called Hættuspil ("Danger Game")?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: In-game Role Play & OOC Channel List  (Read 50797 times)

Kemekk

• Amarrian Ultranationalist
  • Wetgraver
  • Dei ta Reshios
Re: In-game Role Play & OOC Channel List
« Reply #90 on: 03 Dec 2012, 00:14 »

Is this updated? Most of the channels on here appear to be dead.

dragonspecpc

• Clonejack
« Reply #91 on: 23 Jan 2013, 16:55 »

I am beginning to think this isn't up-to-date. It's 2013, and the ones i have tried are completely empty. I'm aware that the Summit is still going, but i would not recommend it to anyone, experienced and def. not for anyone new to Eve or Rp. The community there is far from friendly, or helpful. If you ask for help, showing your blatant lack of knowledge to the EVE universe. You will be trolled endlessly, moderators included. They also join in on the trolling of new people, and when they have had their fun, they will ban you. It's rather sad to hear that the populated Rp Channels are moderated by such cruel people. But, there isn't anything you can do about it. If anyone is reading this and wishes for rp, without the hassle or chance of being trolled. Feel free to contact me in-game. I am thinking of starting an Rp Corp, and can use some experienced players to make up my Knowledge database. Those who are willing to help new players to become experienced is very much welcome. New players are also welcome, don't feel left out. I just need some experienced and helpful people to make up the body of the Corp for answering questions. A lot of people in Eve can't be trusted because of criminal activities and mentality. So i won't go into too much detail. My characters, until otherwise stated, are Raizo Shin-Gao and Rinzler Shin-Gao. Raizo being the main. Best of luck to the rest of the roleplaying community. Stick together, remain vigilant, and we will live on.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #92 on: 23 Jan 2013, 16:57 »

You can always try I-RED Lounge. It's a new bar started by me, and my alliance. :)

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #93 on: 24 Jan 2013, 03:49 »

I'm aware that the Summit is still going, but i would not recommend it to anyone, experienced and def. not for anyone new to Eve or Rp. The community there is far from friendly, or helpful. If you ask for help, showing your blatant lack of knowledge to the EVE universe. You will be trolled endlessly, moderators included. They also join in on the trolling of new people, and when they have had their fun, they will ban you. It's rather sad to hear that the populated Rp Channels are moderated by such cruel people.

Quite the opposite of my own experience, really ^^
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #94 on: 24 Jan 2013, 04:01 »

I'm aware that the Summit is still going, but i would not recommend it to anyone, experienced and def. not for anyone new to Eve or Rp. The community there is far from friendly, or helpful. If you ask for help, showing your blatant lack of knowledge to the EVE universe. You will be trolled endlessly, moderators included. They also join in on the trolling of new people, and when they have had their fun, they will ban you. It's rather sad to hear that the populated Rp Channels are moderated by such cruel people.

Quite the opposite of my own experience, really ^^
If you're aware of not being sure, it probably does no harm to ask about things in OOC. In character, it is quite difficult to work out why you don't know things that your character should know. So unless you do have the categorical need to always stay in character, then there's no harm in OOC. CCP lists two channels in the official forums for live events (the last I checked): One is "Live Events" and the other is "The Summit". (I assume this is because of Falcon. The only thing I don't understand is why they don't use the official Events channel instead of the player-run "Live Events".)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #95 on: 24 Jan 2013, 04:53 »

I am beginning to think this isn't up-to-date. It's 2013, and the ones i have tried are completely empty. I'm aware that the Summit is still going, but i would not recommend it to anyone, experienced and def. not for anyone new to Eve or Rp. The community there is far from friendly, or helpful. If you ask for help, showing your blatant lack of knowledge to the EVE universe. You will be trolled endlessly, moderators included. They also join in on the trolling of new people, and when they have had their fun, they will ban you. It's rather sad to hear that the populated Rp Channels are moderated by such cruel people. But, there isn't anything you can do about it. If anyone is reading this and wishes for rp, without the hassle or chance of being trolled. Feel free to contact me in-game. I am thinking of starting an Rp Corp, and can use some experienced players to make up my Knowledge database. Those who are willing to help new players to become experienced is very much welcome. New players are also welcome, don't feel left out. I just need some experienced and helpful people to make up the body of the Corp for answering questions. A lot of people in Eve can't be trusted because of criminal activities and mentality. So i won't go into too much detail. My characters, until otherwise stated, are Raizo Shin-Gao and Rinzler Shin-Gao. Raizo being the main. Best of luck to the rest of the roleplaying community. Stick together, remain vigilant, and we will live on.[/color][/size]

I actually go out of my way to make room for new players, so I am a bit confused by this.  I'm infinitely more likely to be "cruel" to people who have already had enough rope to hang themselves four or five times over.

If you have had a problem with other moderators, please let me or Graelyn know.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #96 on: 24 Jan 2013, 15:34 »

The world could definitely use more bars and lounges.  I still have good memories of La Maison back in one of its golden ages.

I'd start something up, but I find whenever I do it tends accumulate a bunch of emo weirdos that make me want to avoid it.  v0v

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #97 on: 24 Jan 2013, 15:39 »

I've wanted to start a Sansha Transhumanist bar but no one would come because they would be afraid of the mandatory brainplugs. :(:(:(
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #98 on: 24 Jan 2013, 15:56 »

I've wanted to start a Sansha Transhumanist bar but no one would come because they would be afraid of the mandatory brainplugs. :(:(:(

Nonesense, apart from the characters that would have no moral obligations per se to stay away, I predict people would figure out an inconceivable justification for it in their minds for their characters to act against the nature of their characters to be there just because they like you OOC. This is how it rolls. Could be the next "The Last Gate", don't knock it until you try it, dude.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #99 on: 24 Jan 2013, 17:08 »

I'd start something up, but I find whenever I do it tends accumulate a bunch of emo weirdos that make me want to avoid it.  v0v

Or furries.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #100 on: 24 Jan 2013, 17:16 »

I am beginning to think this isn't up-to-date. It's 2013, and the ones i have tried are completely empty. I'm aware that the Summit is still going, but i would not recommend it to anyone, experienced and def. not for anyone new to Eve or Rp. The community there is far from friendly, or helpful. If you ask for help, showing your blatant lack of knowledge to the EVE universe. You will be trolled endlessly, moderators included. They also join in on the trolling of new people, and when they have had their fun, they will ban you. It's rather sad to hear that the populated Rp Channels are moderated by such cruel people. But, there isn't anything you can do about it. If anyone is reading this and wishes for rp, without the hassle or chance of being trolled. Feel free to contact me in-game. I am thinking of starting an Rp Corp, and can use some experienced players to make up my Knowledge database. Those who are willing to help new players to become experienced is very much welcome. New players are also welcome, don't feel left out. I just need some experienced and helpful people to make up the body of the Corp for answering questions. A lot of people in Eve can't be trusted because of criminal activities and mentality. So i won't go into too much detail. My characters, until otherwise stated, are Raizo Shin-Gao and Rinzler Shin-Gao. Raizo being the main. Best of luck to the rest of the roleplaying community. Stick together, remain vigilant, and we will live on.[/color][/size]

I actually go out of my way to make room for new players, so I am a bit confused by this.  I'm infinitely more likely to be "cruel" to people who have already had enough rope to hang themselves four or five times over.

If you have had a problem with other moderators, please let me or Graelyn know.
I prefer to go out of my way to try and help new people as well, so, yeah. If you're going to make claims like that, names, dates and logs really help make your case. I've never even heard of either of your characters before so I have no idea what is being referred to here, let alone who you could be referring to.

That said, if you go into the Summit and start talking about or doing things that blatantly violate the PF and people respond like you're a complete nutcase IC, um... I can't really say I blame them, nor would I tell them off for doing so. Are there more productive responses from an OOC perspective? Sure, but the Summit is an IC channel and it is a perfectly valid and appropriate response within that context.

If you have questions about RP, the Summit is typically not the place to ask them unless you can do so IC (not easy). That's what the "OOC" channel is for.

The primary reason these channels are mostly quiet is that the vast majority of people can't be bothered to get off their asses and start something. (Myself included in some cases, though I have very little reason to be starting get-togethers at the bars IC.) Once something's started people are typically more than happy to join in, but if everyone is too lazy to get something started, then nothing happens. So if you think things are too quiet, go make some noise.

As to the thread being out of date... yeah. Any idea how much work it would be to go through each of those channels and prune them for activity? It'd be a lot, especially considering the above paragraph.

Hell, it might just be easier to make a new thread for it. :S

edit - I have a little time right now before dinner. I'll poke at something.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #101 on: 24 Jan 2013, 17:54 »

Me and Ava actually just started up a new venue recently. We didn't want to have an 'official' IC opening yet because we didn't want to overshadow I-Red

Channel Name: Vertigo Theory

IC Description
In the heart of this Matari station, far from capsuleer controlled areas, where Amarrians fear to tread, lurks Vertigo Theory. Nestled among poor apartment blocks and industrial work stacks, its a bit of a trek to get to.

Down a long alley lit by glowing neon, lies the club entrance. The words Vertigo Theory glow red in the on the rusted metal walls. Guarding the entrance is what may very well be the largest Sebiestor in the cluster. Though appearing of thin frame, he is nearly seven feet tall, with a width to match. The gun strapped to his hip looks like it could fire a small artillery round.

Entering the club, one is imediately assualted by pounding music, flashing lights, and the ever present sting of strong incense and clove cigarettes. Strobes, blacklights, and abstract holo-objects provide the light for most of the club, and with steel girders reaching up from the uneven metal floor, pipeworks and wiring covering the ceiling, and surprisingly comfortable furniture made of seemingly random station materials, its clear that this is above all, a Sebiestor club. The oddness of the space gives it a cramped in, claustrophobic feel, despite the fairly high ceiling.

In the centre of the club lies the bar. Lit by a constant stream of molten metal tumbling down through a tube of transparent crystal, the area casts a harsh orange light across the closer areas of the dance floor, before getting lost into the gloom deeper in the club. The bar itself is a circular affair postioned near to the glow of the waste shaft. A tower of drinks reaches from floor to ceiling, spectroid lights positioned around the bar making most of the drinks glow in eerie neon colours. Surrounding the waste shaft, in the warm light of the molten metal, are a decent number of tables and chairs, again, seemingly welded together from assorted detris and scrap metal, the edges sanded smooth and shiny.

Although tall sinsister looking bouncers do lurk through the shadows of the club, as long as the reputation of the bar is not harmed, most anything goes, and its fairly obvious tha a large amount of drugs are being passed around. Although open to anyone, the grafitti lurking next to the hinged scrapmetal saloon doors at the entrance, left there for years and possibly painted on by the owners shows their attitudes: 'Amarrians beware."

OOC Rules
*No Godmodding
*No Asshattery
*Both Hands on the keyboard
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #102 on: 24 Jan 2013, 21:52 »

Okay, new thread's up. Back to packing to go home now. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anslol

« Reply #103 on: 29 May 2013, 12:15 »

Divinity's Edge (indoor bar/club)

Deuvauot Avenue (outdoor open air area for fun tiems) [sp-will confirm when I go home]

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #104 on: 29 May 2013, 18:50 »

* Sakura Nihil points to the new thread, the 2.0
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]