Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Did you know:

That Blood Raider recruits are trained in close-quarters combat before tactics and starship combat? (The Burning Life, p. 54)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: State of Minmatar RP  (Read 618 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Re: State of Minmatar RP
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jan 2017, 21:15 »

Hello I'm the ghost of Nemo and somehow more cynical than I ever was alive.

Busy with not stalking the community, I came across this thread and it did make me think a little today.

In two words, it's dead.

In more words, it was dying even back in 2014 when I was playing (seriously). Why it is now dead, I can explain quite (ha) concisely, and it's important to state beforehand that none of this is laced with blame. Especially regarding one point.

1) Evaporation of pillar corps and alliances. Gutting the community's poster appeal and recruiting power.
2) Retirement of key characters. (It's okay. I'd weep for losing me too). One name in particular is relevant here, but will remain unsaid out of respect for the character and the player
3) Lack of access to key lore and PF (a la CCP), and abandonment of immersive setting. Links to 1 and 2. I believe, possibly wrongly, that to RP an Amarr or Matari well, you need a zest for the source material, beyond just the sanitised intro in char creation. I can mention numerous items, death of the wiki, death of (believable) Dev actors, and also the structure provided by experienced players and corps and informal groups, and more, that means this is now an obscure and drawn out task for a newcomer to Minnie RP. The frame is not there, and if it was there's few older siblings to teach us how to climb it.

But as threads here and old and new names out there evidence, while it may have died, another may live. Maybe. Circle of life and all that.

But who cares, I'm just a cynical ghost.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2017, 21:18 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #16 on: 21 Feb 2017, 06:00 »

Necro'ing yet again, but Electus Matari did appear to briefly rise from the dead last week to come and fight us in Lirsautton, so perhaps there is hope yet if folks can keep momentum for in-space stuff going  :)

Stutzer

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 21 Feb 2017, 08:24 »

Miz's posts on the IGS for responders to the Muttokon incident seems to have pushed some activity toward the OTSI Containment and Staging area. It was very quiet in-system over the last 3 days but I imagine that was partly to do with holding for further developments on the FE platform outbreak. Still bears potential for in-space antics.

I will not be able to return there until Friday at the earliest and most of 'what happens in EVE' occurs while I am at work. I will enjoy reading/posting about everyone else's heroics, certainly.
✦✧ Character Wiki ✧✦
"A home for those who haven't, a way where once there wasn't."

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 28 Feb 2017, 06:58 »

Rebuilding / expanding the minmatar rp forces would be helped along by a suitable enemy.
Pages: 1 [2]