Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Author Topic: CPF Blue  (Read 3508 times)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
CPF Blue
« on: 13 Sep 2010, 23:04 »

CPF Blue title card from seasons 1 and 2 (YC109-110)

CPF Blue title card from season 3 (YC111) in Psureal format

CPF Blue

CPF Blue is a popular holovid police drama produced by Studio Unlimited and distributed in the Gallente Federation by Theatre One, both divisions of the Impetus media conglomerate.  The program is broadcast in both the classic moS-Def format and Impetus' proprietary Psureal format as of its third season.  The plot of CPF Blue follows the professional and personal lives of the members of a counterintelligence unit within the Caldari Corporate Police Force (CPF) led by Inspector-Major Niko Halkaanen.  The show won the YC110 Celestion Multimedia Prize for Best Dramatic Series for that year's season finale episode, "Battleship Grey".  Lirsautton actress Karan Rouvesse, who plays Captain Ijana Varo on the program, also won a Best Actress Celey for her performance in that episode.  Since its third season, CPF Blue has been set primarily on the occupied Caldari Prime.

Focus group analysis has show than Gallentean audiences prefer CPF Blue to police dramas set in the Federation because it frequently depicts endemic corruption in the State system and conflict between Caldari characters, elements almost universally absent in media coming out of the State.  The program is syndicated in the Minamtar Republic and appears on St*rVizhon and H3at in the Heimatar and Metropolis markets respectively with a one season latency.  It also airs in Molden Heath on He4t.  CPF Blue is banned for open-air broadcast in the Amarr Empire and Ammatar Mandate by the Imperial Ministry of Culture for its "depiction of unwholesome situations".  It is, for obvious reasons, also completely banned in the Caldari State by order of the Providence Directorate, but this has not stopped the program from circulating as black market media.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
Re: CPF Blue
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2010, 02:09 »

I'd watch it.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2010, 03:51 »

Camille loves this one!
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2010, 17:04 »

My favorite show!

(Srsly, good stuff  8) )

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2010, 17:10 »

MOAR!

Anything coming out of your post history is just pure gold

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2010, 17:34 »

Like, very much like.

Another interesting idea coming from this relates to the Jita 4-4 chronicle. In that chron, it emphasises that there are all these food establishments run by Gallente. The Gall think this is cultural influence, the Caldari just enjoy the Caldari cuisine with Caldari waitresses.

It would be interesting to think of Gallente making programs that portray the main Caldari protagonist as incredibly heroic and intelligent.
* Dex_Kivuli puts on megacorp rivalry cap
The program is banned in the State, as you say. But I for one greatly enjoy it, because it accurately depicts the corruption that is endemic in Hyasyoda Corporation, CPD's parent mega.

Vieve

« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2010, 18:06 »

I can also see this being popular in Syndicate and Khanid.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2010, 14:26 »

Does watch!

With frequent mumblings of how the Gallente didn't get this or that entirely right. xD

Also, I should probably get back into doing cheeky Photoshop and AE work because, no offense, as a design student I think I can do better. :3

But the badge looks awesome.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2010, 14:28 by Kyoko Sakoda »

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2010, 22:14 »

Thanks, all.  :D

Also, I should probably get back into doing cheeky Photoshop and AE work because, no offense, as a design student I think I can do better. :3

Kyoko, as a design student, you darn well better be able to!  I just do this for fun.   ;)  When are we getting Future Proof 2?