Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Imperial Human Resources is a well-known Amarrian slave company.

Author Topic: [Story] Sliver of the Truth.  (Read 739 times)

Jonathan Morrison

• Clonejack
[Story] Sliver of the Truth.
« on: 04 Sep 2010, 11:15 »

The cell door opened with a small hiss of pressurized air. Stark lighting from the corridor beyond streaming into the center of the room until a figure enters blocking the light with its considerable form. Two more enter and stand at flanking positions by the cell door as it hisses closed, the door locking with ominous clicks.

The room reverts back to shadows with a small patch of dim yellow light shining down on the center of the room and a figure bound to a chair. The prisoner looked up slowly at the visitor and smiled crookedly through split lips and more than a few missing teeth. Small red stains smear the prisoner's shirt and pants, the result of a not so gentle interrogation.

"Ahh... B-back again are you Oritsu?" The prisoner croaked through her parched throat, her small voice cracking. "If you think this is going to be any different don't waste your time you bastard."

Oritsu simply smiled, a flash of pearly teeth, as he sat down on an opposite chair smoothing out his robes. "I see you're just as venomous and devout as yesterday Miss Kushudo. I'm a little sad to say that despite your lack of cooperation, the information you managed to get out to the Navy isn't worth much to me or my associates."

The woman coughed out a small laugh before spitting a wad of bloody saliva at Oritsu's shoes. "Bull... you'd never have gone so far to capture me if it hadn't been damned important."

The man simply shrugged, his charcoal robes rustling softly with the movement. "If that helps you get what little sleep you get, then so be it. That information tidbit you got out is just a sliver of what's going on and it's much too bad that the Navy's best detective managed to get caught, I'm not so sure anyone else will be able to piece together what you found."

The woman simply glared at Oritsu, his manner devoid of caring or emotion. She'd be working the details through her head and had prayed the Navy would find her trace and get her out; didn't look like they had.

Oritsu pulled out a pistol from inside his robes and set it gently on his lap. "Ultimately keeping you alive is not so cost effective even if you have no hope of escape or rescue. I'm afraid we cannot continue this cordial relationship as there is business to attend to."

Kushudo strained against her bindings, shaking the chair violently. "Screw you bastards! All of you! The Navy will figure out what you're up to and then you're all fucked you hear me! They've got the information to put you and your friends down forever!"

Oritsu smiled again and stood up in one fluid motion putting the gun to her head. Kushudo stopped moving, tears running freely down her face as Oritsu said one last thing before the trigger depressed and a resounding bang echoed around the cell as Oritsu shot Kushudo, spraying blood and brain matter across the back end of the chamber.

"My dear what you sent them is but a sliver of the truth. One I setup for you to find and transmit."