Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Author Topic: Skies So Blue  (Read 2189 times)

Dewgong

• The Seacow
  • Clonejack
Skies So Blue
« on: 02 Jun 2010, 22:29 »

I often look up at the sky, seeing the colors spread as far as the eye can see, as far as the world can reach.  Those clouds streak across the sky, going wherever the wind may take them.  The Sunlight hits my face, the cool breeze calms my body.

This is it.

Bliss.

Ever since I was little, I wanted to be a fighter pilot, I wanted to be in that sky.  The expanse above everyone, above the highest of mountains, surrounding completely of what we call our world.  What I saw it as was a chance to be completely free.  To be no longer be stuck on the ground, in the mud and the waters, feeling so limited, so confined.  I longed to be limitless, to move and go about so freely, like a bird and more.  To dive down and climb upwards, to soar above the oldest trees, the hottest of deserts, the widest of oceans and so on.  To look on ahead and see nothing but an endless realm of sky.

I look at myself now, some time down the road.  I wanted to be a lot of things growing up, from fighter pilot, to athlete, video game creator and even a teacher, just to name a few.  Whatever it was, however, it came full circle.  The day I walked into that recruiter's office, I told him flat out, that if I wasn't in the air, if I didn't have those wings, that I wasn't going to sign anything.  I look into the mirror now and how those wings shine so bright.  Elegant yet powerful, beautiful yet ferocious.  Just looking at them and you can feel them, lightly lift you off your feet and into that blue yonder in which I wish I could forever live in.

I don't mind what I do, I quite like it actually.  However, even if I didn't, I'd still not complain.  Like I am now, I'd be content, just at the fact that these Silver Wings are upon my chest, and whenever I am needed, I am up in the skies so blue, so vast and wild.

"The aircraft is ready."

Slowly I walked out on to the tarmac, the smell of oils and jet fuel filled my lungs on nostrils, sending chills up and down my body.  I could see her, even from a distance, the beautiful bird that would bring me to my dream land this day.  Touching her, stroking her, the metal body seemed so alive, ready to leave the confines of the ground as much as I was.  Securing myself in the seat, throttling up and hearing her roar, taxing down to the runway.  Like the moment right before a large set of fireworks.  That anticipation, that anxiousness.  How it gets the blood flowing.  The green light is given and this bird soars to life a million times over, being pushed back into the seat, slowly and surely tilting upwards and then, you feel it.  You feel that separation from the ground.  When it feels like all of your worries just ease away and you feel nothing but joy.  Nothing but the deepest satisfaction that makes you feel like the happiest and luckiest person on the planet.  The Freedom, the Reverence, the Rush....even if I were to be shot down, such happiness will never be lost.  It is with these Silver Wings that I live by, I live for.  How I can feel it!

I can feel it in my blood, my heart, my soul!

Such Bliss!

Life!

- Writing on a piece of paper found in a Field.

« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2010, 10:55 by Dewgong »