Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Author Topic: Worldbuilding Inspiration  (Read 9991 times)

Nissui

Worldbuilding Inspiration
« on: 09 Mar 2017, 11:37 »

Herro doods.

As usual, I never find this stuff until well after it would have been useful. Well it's probably still useful, just late. Anyway, in case you have a side project and would like to flesh it out some more, the following is a series of questions designed to help you do that.

http://www.weltenbau-wissen.de/2017/03/weltenbau-wissen-list-of-worldbuilding-questions/

Also, if you have any similar tools or techniques, feel free to drop em here.

Also also, my phone is a bastard.

Nissui

Re: Worldbuilding Inspiration
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2017, 12:36 »

Hey all. For planetary worldbuilders, something interesting came up in this week's Nature issue, regarding exoplanet experimentation. Might feed into work related to terraforming as well.

Shannon Hall -
"The labs that forge..."

The news post may be archived before long, behind the paywall. If you don't grab the PDF within the window of availability, let me know and I can upload a copy. Cheers!

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2017, 00:36 »

I keep a ton of things on my Pinterest board for writing inspiration purposes. Have a look-see.
https://www.pinterest.com/marcuscml/later-reference/
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Tannia Ambrye

• Clonejack
  • You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2017, 11:30 »

Stutzer,

I'm stealing that link from you. Perhaps you don't want me to, but I have to. Sorry.  ;)