Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked frigates are hooked in with massive electromagnetic anchors? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Author Topic: A Railgun Charge Is Worth a Thousand Words (Mission)  (Read 5010 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

A Railgun Charge Is Worth a Thousand Words

This, *name*: All the great nations in the galaxy have long allowed each other to travel freely in pursuit of commerce, but I've just heard a story that makes me think this time of freedom is near its end.

Pisharpar Corilian is one of Amarr's most renowned poets of all time. He is gifted, but a typical example of a poet. He's effete, arrogant, and overly sensitive — always with his head in the clouds and his feet floating half a meter off the floor. In Corilian's case, this is literal: So obese that his legs can no longer support his weight, he uses a hoverchair to get around.

He is also a spy. He has been on a "book tour" of Gallente space for several months now, and our suspicions were confirmed when we tracked a coded transmission coming from his pleasure yacht. We believe he has had secret data chips implanted within his massive rolls of flesh, where he can hide all sorts of sensitive information.

We cannot tolerate this blatant abuse of the arts! We want him terminated immediately… but it must look like piracy. That's where you come in. He is currently traveling to *system*. Warp in, blast him and his entourage to smithereens, and warp out. Simple.

Now, it's likely that a man this respected in Amarrian society has a clone, but at least we'll have destroyed whatever information he's gathered into his data-ridden body. Take care of him, and you'll be doing us all a great favor — both politically and artistically... (If you've never read his work, you'll have to take my word for it.)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: A Railgun Charge Is Worth a Thousand Words (Mission)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2013, 15:23 »

....eeeeeeew.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2013, 15:30 »

:|

So even our greatest artists are Baron Harkonnen. Thanks CCP!

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2013, 17:47 »

Baron Harkonnen AND Vogon poet.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2013, 18:34 »

Baron Harkonnen was one of the greatest villians for sci-fi ever written imho. He had some simply magnificent actors in the two film adaptations too.

I'd rather take Harkonnen than Heth. I could at least be proud of that.

Rhiannon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2013, 19:21 »

Baron Harkonnen was one of the greatest villians for sci-fi ever written.

QFT

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2013, 04:09 »

I've found that the utter enslavement of humankind to the whims of the AIs in The Culture is a much more subtle and less pedophile villainy that kind of kicks Baron Harkonnens blubbery butt.

But I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2013, 11:33 »

The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2013, 07:06 »

Thanks Synthia.

There is also that line he whimpers when your half-way done obliterating his GALLENTEAN PLEASURE YATCH (Why can't Amarr get one of these too...) and I forgot to add both of those parts.