Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Daedalus X pulled off a Capital ship heist in a level two wormhole. read more here

Author Topic: EON chrons  (Read 2934 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
EON chrons
« on: 05 Jan 2011, 10:52 »

They are there, they explore more areas than the current chrons do, and nobody knows what they are...

Could anyone be so kind as to post a list of EON chrons and what issue they are in, and their general storyline (ie. one line summary)? I may be interested in purchasing EONs for their chrons, but would like to know which release they're in before I commit my cash to 'em...

I think many of us would appreciate it!

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
Re: EON chrons
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2011, 22:16 »

Seeing as I just recieved the complete EON collection for Christmas I shall attempt to slowly compile a list of the Chrons and basic information about them at some point soon™. (University starting soon, so it may get put on back-order for a while)

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2011, 11:43 »

be careful, they are considered copyright work from CCP even if its written by volunteers

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2011, 12:58 »

Yeah, hence why a one-line summary is something I would like...nothing too dangerous.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jan 2011, 15:55 »

Like: "Eon issue X. Story about a Gallente dude and his adventures in spaceship industry"
"Eon issue Y. 2 stories, one about megacorp backstabbings, one about planet culture"

That sort of thing?
\o/

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jan 2011, 10:40 »

* Seriphyn nods

I'll find anything interesting though, as long as it's some form of an infodump, and not an Abraxas-style fanfic that doesn't add anything grumblegrumble.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jan 2011, 14:27 »

Well, in EON 2, there's a fairly awesome story about a rogue drone, written by an author who clearly has enormous and virile sex organs. A sequel to this story appeared in EON 20, and the rogue drone in question has even slightly been adapted into CCP canon.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jan 2011, 22:38 »

I have read this aforementioned Rogue Drone story in the 2nd EON.

And I can confirm that it is quality work, despite the manhood in question not being that large... but ego can do that to people :P (<3 Istvaan)

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jan 2011, 19:56 »

This is my first compilation with a brief story explanation, if this is good I will continue with the rest of the Chrons but if I am putting too much detail in let me know and I can ret-con it.

[spoiler]Issue 1
- Exchange Rate
A story about a brand new capsuleer and their brutal introduction to the double standards and cruel world of EVE and how human lives have an exchange rate in hard currency.

- Legionnaire
A Mordus Legion commando operation hot-dropped to retrieve intelligence from a Serpentis base runs into heavy resistance over seemingly trivial intel grinds on the CO. interesting details include the method of the drop (Empty probe)

- Are you clonesome tonight?

A story about a medical orderly who works in the cloning chambers for Capsuleers and how his unrequited love for an unborn clone is torn away from him when the pilot is killed in combat. interesting detail is the fact that after we are born we usually feint and that the orderly's clean us up and move us to comfortable rooms. (could be an isolated example)

- Bedtime Story

A story about a group of Pre-Terran wormhole collapse settlers who had lived inside a gigantic hollowed out Dark ochre asteroid and had been floating towards the "new civilasation" when a small fleet of miners spots it and gets greedy.

Issue 2
- The Eighth Plague
A story about a University professor who has a fascination with Rogue Drones, taking his small glass on their final examination into a Rogue Drone Hive, and the terrors within. Features our own Mebrithiel Ju'wien! (ORPHYX)

- Counting Stones
A story about a Caldari family and the "requirement" for the children to go fight for the State, a fatal and tragic requirement and how the star child becomes a Capsuleer and the huge choices that lay within.

- Anima Obscura
A short story of a Pilot gone mad is abandoned by her crew and sabotaged so as to be unable to escape as the slow work of gravity does the rest. (Interesting to note that in here the Capsuleer can enter and exit the Capsule from inside the ship)

Issue 3
- Procession
A story of a terrorist attack on an Imperial Armaments station where the family of an Imperial Navy Commander's family lives at the time of an Ambassador's visit causes chaos and rends the heart-strings

- Mahe Ratu
A story about a Brutor tribe tradition of using a tree with blossoms of intoxicating power for a week long celebration where peace reigns, then the Day of Darkness comes and all changes.

- God's Will
A short story about Gallente drug dealer caught up in the Amarrian underworld and slowly poisened to death over a week while he franticly tries to save himself by blackmail and dodgy deals.

Issue 4
- Biomass
  a short story that is part of the same family story from "Counting Stone" and details the short story of one of the other children and their eventual fate in space.

- The Problem Solver
  a short story of a business woman caught up in a war of wills and how greed wreaks unparralled destruction.

Issue 5
- My Better Half
A short story about a rich Intaki film star and how when his clone is jacked who goes and steals his wife, forcing the star take the jacking to CONCORD and their unforgiving punishments.

- 200 Rounds
The cover page story of When three salvage pilots stumble across a seemingly abandoned luxury liner the call it pay day and go aboard to start their looting, but the ship isn't really empty at all.

- The Dragon
A story of a Gallente Admiral during the surface bombardment of Caldari Prime and the brutality of the war destroying the will to live, along with the worlds below.

Issue 6
- Cold Noodles and Lab Tubes
A story about the partnership of a Deteis and a Brutor and its slow degredation as the history behind it is layed out, with a pot of cold noodles as solace.

- Addiction
When a new pilot is first cloned he gets an unexpected visit in the shower from another newly cloned pilot, the sizzling encounter leaves him wanting more but the dangers of repeat cloning are slow to dawn.

- Garbage Man

When a down and out salvage pilot stumbles across a myriad of wrecks after a bad week and alot of bad memories, things look up... but other interests are involved.

Issue 7

- Paradigm Shift
When a Pod Pilot has a bad encounter with a dodgy scan he is left without the implants and the status of a Podder, facing the choice of staying normal of returning the the life of a demi-god prooves diffcult, and dangerous.

- A simple matter of economy
When an ISK strapped Repbulic Army is forced to make a tough call and the local force commander isn't happy, sometimes you just need to clear you head with few rounds out in the open.
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2011, 19:38 by Mathra Hiede »

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #9 on: 10 Jan 2011, 20:42 »

[spoiler]
- Bedtime Story
A story about a group of Pre-Terran wormhole collapse settlers who had lived inside a gigantic hollowed out Dark ochre asteroid and had been floating towards the "new civilasation" when a small fleet of miners spots it and tears the asteroid apart, all anyone ever notices is a stray toy stuck to the ochre before it lands in the furnace.

Oh god.  :cry:
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jan 2011, 21:30 »

I might suggest not actually including the ending of the stories in your summaries. Good work, though, and I'm glad to see this! EON should have this sort of thing on their site.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 10 Jan 2011, 23:06 »

Mhm, good point Casi - I will try and make them more open-ended.

:D

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jan 2011, 05:56 »

Very helpful there, Math, thank you!

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jan 2011, 19:39 »

N.B.

All current TL:DR's for the Chrons have been changed so as to leave the ending open - sorry if I spoiled it for anyone but I did have the spoiler there for a reason, all future TL:DR's will be open-ended.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 15 Jan 2011, 18:52 »

Hmmm...

I might get in a bit of trouble for this...

Oh what the fuck.

http://tomczerniawski.wordpress.com/

Scroll down.