Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "gods and spirits" is a popular Achura and Minmatar expression of disbelief?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Erotic Roleplay  (Read 27493 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: Erotic Roleplay
« Reply #105 on: 18 Nov 2014, 09:45 »

I just want to point out that FtB doesn't have to be non-content. There can easily be an OOC discussion of 'how it went' without going into any details. From my perspective, the notion that ERP is needed for dynamic content is largely a myth unless you are looking for extremely specific kind of content.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #106 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:13 »

FtB can work only if both characters are loving each other and... well... know what they are doing.

And when it is known to go wrong... either don't do FtB, or don't do it at all, otherwise it would be simply [redacted] :P

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Owner/Operator GZS Productions & Club Zer0
  • Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #107 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:20 »

I'm not sure if it really counts as ERP, but Visian is the furthering of my Mr Vapor character back in the day. He was known for being a flirt with the lady avatars and got himself in trouble on several occasions. Basically, he's a flirt but one with a reason that doesn't really revolve around getting "laid" so to speak. He uses innuendo to further his goals. Used correctly, it fleshes out a character. Used incorrectly, it comes off as creepy.
"Lies, manipulation, deceit...those are my tools in trade. The end game is always violence though. It's no good to just beat someone. You have to dissect their world and make 'em beg for an end. You twist 'em as much as you can and then you come down on 'em like the hammer of god." - Visian Mu'artarkan, Private Sessions

ground ze/ro sum

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #108 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:31 »

FtB can work only if both characters are loving each other and... well... know what they are doing.

And when it is known to go wrong... either don't do FtB, or don't do it at all, otherwise it would be simply [redacted] :P

That is untrue. FtB can be used for all sorts of experiences if the OOC discussion is well thought out. If people don't like that approach, that's groovy. But it can work just fine.

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #109 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:34 »

FtB is fine if that's how you wish to handle things. As a "great man" once said, you decide your own level of involvement. If however you like to play with the details and exercise your imagination there, then that can quite easily be fun as well. RP is a thing you do for fun, not every action has to be about character development after all, or even a planned development of your character. It could just be something you want to do, ERP or otherwise.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #110 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:35 »

I don't disagree with that. As I said earlier, if people want to ERP or want to FtB, to each their own. I was just arguing against the notion that FtB is somehow contentless.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #111 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:40 »

Discussing 'how things went' is a good option, and FtB definitely isn't contentless. It's useful in many situations.

Though, for me personally I tend to avoid doing it too much. I find talking OOCly about 'how things went' tends to feel too distant and scripted for my tastes. I personally prefer the visceral experience out of roleplay in general, since for me it's more immersive to let the characters' actions drive me instead of vice versa. I need that directness from my RP.

I'm not sure if it really counts as ERP, but Visian is the furthering of my Mr Vapor character back in the day. He was known for being a flirt with the lady avatars and got himself in trouble on several occasions. Basically, he's a flirt but one with a reason that doesn't really revolve around getting "laid" so to speak. He uses innuendo to further his goals. Used correctly, it fleshes out a character. Used incorrectly, it comes off as creepy.

So that's why he's been buying everyone drinks at the LSB...

<.<
>.>

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #112 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:49 »

As someone who is almost incapable of making plans, scripting rp  is a challenge for me, I have to let things happen.

Drake Arson

• Toaster Strudel
  • Clonejack
« Reply #113 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:53 »

As someone who is almost incapable of making plans, scripting rp  is a challenge for me, I have to let things happen.

I am a fan of having a Very Broad, based Outline of how it should work out. But I never go into detail of how I/we Should get to said way. And sometimes Im fully willing to let it go play by play, and however it ends it ends that way.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #114 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:53 »

Likewise.

My internal rule is: Always do it the first time with a new partner if the other player is willing. This is an establishing moment for both characters. After that, usually FtB unless the encounter is likely to lead to character development.

I just want to point out that FtB doesn't have to be non-content. There can easily be an OOC discussion of 'how it went' without going into any details. From my perspective, the notion that ERP is needed for dynamic content is largely a myth unless you are looking for extremely specific kind of content.

Both of these sum up my general stance on it. ERP for ERP's sake is not my cup of tea, and I only consider it if there's character/plot development involved that shouldn't be passed on.

ERP with a pet slaver hound.

good heavens, when was this ?
I'm sure you remember the Sphere.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #115 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:55 »

Lol that place

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #116 on: 18 Nov 2014, 12:07 »

I'm sure someone will judge me for this statement, but it's what got me into actual roleplay

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #117 on: 18 Nov 2014, 12:10 »

good heavens, when was this ?
I'm sure you remember the Sphere.

Actually, I don't.

That was Silas Vitalia's experiment to demonstrate that capsuleers were entirely capable of having conversations without any form of moderation, wasn't it ?
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #118 on: 18 Nov 2014, 12:12 »

Yeah it was. It was then overshadowed by CCP's summit with no moderation channel.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #119 on: 18 Nov 2014, 12:37 »

It was Silas' experiment to see if it was possible (it wasn't, the content quality was horrendous) and he closed it. CCP's derpy duplicates came a while later.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11