Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You fly your ship from inside a pod, not from a bridge?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [Character] Malcolm Khross  (Read 12578 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: [Character] Malcolm Khross
« Reply #60 on: 15 Sep 2012, 09:24 »

So, you are back, huh?

So you are back in WHG now?

I like Malcolm. He's replaced Nederland-haan as Mjalnar's chin-fighting nemesis in public. *shakes fist*

Trying to develop space takes a lot of attention.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #61 on: 15 Sep 2012, 11:20 »

No, Malcolm is not a part of WHG anymore. At least, not at this time.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #62 on: 15 Sep 2012, 12:10 »

Then I was confused by the IGS post and misread it.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #63 on: 17 Sep 2012, 11:04 »

Two months ago, Malcolm was placed on corporate suspension by the Wiyrkomi Board of Directors after having a strong disagreement over leadership goals and priorities in the light of corporate warfare from STDI in the Federation which resulted in the cracked jaw of a corporate board member after calling Malcolm a coward for choosing to focus entirely on defense rather than pre-emptive strike.

This fallout with Wiyrkomi resulted in the permanent loss of leadership over the Wiyrkomi Honor Guard, which was handed down to Malcolm's trusted friend, Desiderya Kyiokkinen. For the two months of his suspension, Malcolm remained mostly absent of the public eye and focused his aggression and frustration instead on developing his skills as a solo combat pilot in the war zone under the flag of the State Protectorate and returned to his previous drinking vice. Malcolm's service in SPROT during this time was exemplary and earned him an offer of corporate citizenship transfer to Lai Dai (something he has not accepted presently).

When STDI fell to a hostile takeover from a Sukuuvesta operative after very little direct action against Wiyrkomi, Malcolm dispatched a less-than-polite missive to the Wiyrkomi Board of Directors insisting that their paranoia over the situation had proven unfounded and demanding a restoration of his citizenship and a public clearing of his service record at the resolution of the conflict. His demands were met and Wiyrkomi reinstated him but left his return of service to the Honor Guard completely to the discretion of the Honor Guard's new leadership.

Shortly after this, Malcolm appeared again for the first time since his suspension in the Kaashivon Public Hall (which he had built) where he assaulted an Honor Guard pilot who repeatedly insisted that Malcolm was a Gurista pirate and honorless.

Malcolm's return to service in the Honor Guard has been delayed for an indeterminate time due to "administrative difficulties."

(This is an in-character explanation of my out-of-character fallout and absence on Malcolm after some RL difficulties that resulted in me removing Malcolm from the Honor Guard while I dealt with things.)
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2012, 11:08 by ArtOfLight »
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #64 on: 17 Sep 2012, 12:57 »

Shortly after this, Malcolm appeared again for the first time since his suspension in the Kaashivon Public Hall (which he had built) where he assaulted an Honor Guard pilot who repeatedly insisted that Malcolm was a Gurista pirate and honorless.

I would have like to have seen this. MalRage Best Rage.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #65 on: 17 Sep 2012, 13:18 »

I would have like to have seen this. MalRage Best Rage.

I've been and am still OOG for a week or so, but I got a chance to read that chatlog.  Great scene.

Jev North

« Reply #66 on: 17 Sep 2012, 13:19 »

I will pay cold, hard ISK for a transcript. :3

Desiderya

« Reply #67 on: 17 Sep 2012, 14:27 »

Well, there's a video.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #68 on: 17 Sep 2012, 23:07 »

STXDI/STRIX always do seem to be at the forefront of ruining lives and promising careers whether it be in the State or Federation it seems.

Those bastards.

But everyone knows the most promising careers find their true realization at Sukuuvestaa, if you know what I mean.

*coughs and slips a business card* >_>

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #69 on: 18 Sep 2012, 11:47 »

Malcolm,

good exchanges on IGS this last few days, nice to see some well-thought out world-views expressed with good text. Malcolm seems to have a consistent and believable world view, so props for that ;)

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #70 on: 18 Sep 2012, 13:58 »

Thanks Silas!

My wife and I were just talking about how awesome Silas is as an antagonist, I hope you continue to have fun being awesome in that role, it's one that I've never been good at!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #71 on: 18 Sep 2012, 16:14 »

Thanks Silas!

My wife and I were just talking about how awesome Silas is as an antagonist, I hope you continue to have fun being awesome in that role, it's one that I've never been good at!

Thanks.  Just keep shooting RPers, that will certainly create the antagonism you are after :P

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #72 on: 24 Sep 2012, 17:06 »

Character: Malcolm Khross
Corporation: Doomheim

Curse you Malcolm - you keep making awesome characters, then you off them like it was some morbid prom-date-parade of whogetstobemymain that none ever seem to win. :eek:

Was there a special reason Mal couldn't Just retire happily somewhere and move on from us silly eggers?  :(

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #73 on: 25 Sep 2012, 05:23 »

I was going to avoid poking my head in here, but I guess it's good I did so I could offer an answer.

I have retired from EVE for the time being and was hoping to do so quietly. As mostly anyone who knows me could tell you, I haven't been myself for the past two months while I've struggled with depression and anxiety following the suicide of my father. I've been attending counseling to try and work my way through the maze of my mind and it's been both enlightening and somewhat frightening.

It turns out that I'm mostly blaming myself for my dad's death (even though it makes no sense, I'm subconsciously doing it anyway - which I'm told is not uncommon) and that's caused me to be exceptionally negative toward myself and most things associated with me. The past two months have shown a very downtrodden, depressed and negative side of me that I do not wish to see anymore.

To that end, I began cutting strings. Things that I associate to the time of my dad's death had to be removed as they inspired these feelings of negativity and frustration. Azdan Amith, Malcolm Khross and WHG had to be severed, as well as some other areas of my life. I decided to leave myself absolutely no point of return to these things as I need to overcome this mental state and giving myself a bridge back to those things which tie me down is counter productive.

Malcolm was not biomassed out of a dislike for the character or anything related to it. It was not an easy decision to make but one that I believe was the right one. I am away from EVE until further notice.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #74 on: 25 Sep 2012, 11:24 »

I hope that you find the peace you are searching for.  Take care, calm seas and clear skies. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6