Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that "Operation Trinity Vanguard" was the code name for the defense of the Incursions in Anyed, Antem and Imya. The Anti-Incursion fleets contisted over 800 pilots from CVA, KotMC, Moira., Star Fraction, FCORD, SYNE Coalition and countless other corps and alliances.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I-RED PvP Videos  (Read 6021 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: I-RED PvP Videos
« Reply #15 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:16 »

WBR and SoTF are more or less unique in FW, in that while WBR were still in the Amarr and before that the Caldari, the two alliances would regularly work together against third parties. During the now infamous siege of Kamela, SoTF guardians showed up to provide reps for the WBR fleets fighting the Minmatar. Outrage commenced.

Anyway, that doesn't happen nearly as much as it could, so don't think enemy militias regularly cooperate.

/Derail

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #16 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:25 »

BloodBird, if you don't like I-RED or the way ONE of our pilots words something in a PvP video description, I'm not even sorry. This thread is not here to cater to your politically/socially correct ideals about what we should and should not be. It's here to provide a link to some Youtube videos. Get over yourself.

To any FW 'militia scrubs' here watching this thread, please note that what I said is not bullshit. anybody who spends more than a week in I-RED can tell you we actually do like the militias (certain corps and alliances excepted) because they are generally pretty cool guys who bring good fights. Please don't be upset by some playful namecalling. It's part of the rivalry we all enjoy in a PvP game.

EDIT: I should note that we do have some very hostile and butthurt relationships with certain militia corps. There are some we really really don't like, and some who really really don't like us. Not going to name names, but yes. They exist. It's possible the video poster misconstrued references to these former/current militia groups to include the whole militia... so maybe he was insulting all of the militia and meaning it. But in the end... is 'scrubs' really something to get so upset over? Seriously? In the words of CCP: "HTFU"
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2012, 13:30 by Katrina Oniseki »

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #17 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:33 »

I was going to write a long response to this, but then realized it would just come over as angrier than intended. Short version, put as nicely as I can.

first fight (flight of the oracles) - Could have been better FCed, spreading points would have netted you more kills, and it would have been smart to have come in at a better range. Your pilots need to know what ammo to use at what range, Scorch at 10km isn't a great idea when you could get much more DPS with IN multi at the same range. Then switching to gamma... You were also very lucky that their FC wasn't very good, coordinated fire should have chewed through your ships like termites in a log cabin. Unless you comp heavy ECM/Falcon/Logi support.

Second fight - FCing wasn't very smart again, when the enemy landed with a mix of drakes and AHAC's, you kept firing on AHACs even with the triaged carrier chilling right there repping through a ton of your DPS. Instead you should have switched to the shield fleet and burned them down like candles, they were all in easy range. Only later when they were bailing did you switch targets to the Drakes. Once again your pilots seem pretty sloppy about focusing fire. Crowing about counter-dropping caps usually ends in two ways, 1, the people you used to get fights out of stop fighting you because they know you will just escalate to something they either can't or won't match, 2, you get baited and some nullsec cap wing shows up to kill everything.

Good participation on your fleets though John, nice to see you guys out in space.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:44 »

I was going to write a long response to this, but then realized it would just come over as angrier than intended. Short version, put as nicely as I can.

first fight (flight of the oracles) - Could have been better FCed, spreading points would have netted you more kills, and it would have been smart to have come in at a better range. Your pilots need to know what ammo to use at what range, Scorch at 10km isn't a great idea when you could get much more DPS with IN multi at the same range. Then switching to gamma... You were also very lucky that their FC wasn't very good, coordinated fire should have chewed through your ships like termites in a log cabin. Unless you comp heavy ECM/Falcon/Logi support.

Second fight - FCing wasn't very smart again, when the enemy landed with a mix of drakes and AHAC's, you kept firing on AHACs even with the triaged carrier chilling right there repping through a ton of your DPS. Instead you should have switched to the shield fleet and burned them down like candles, they were all in easy range. Only later when they were bailing did you switch targets to the Drakes. Once again your pilots seem pretty sloppy about focusing fire. Crowing about counter-dropping caps usually ends in two ways, 1, the people you used to get fights out of stop fighting you because they know you will just escalate to something they either can't or won't match, 2, you get baited and some nullsec cap wing shows up to kill everything.

Good participation on your fleets though John, nice to see you guys out in space.

Nice post! I actually learned something here. :D

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:51 »

Logan,

I think switching to drakes in that situation can be debatable, as they do shit damage compared to the ahacs which are probably putting much more hurt on your fleet.  Also its really easy to goose the carrier pilot by switching primaries a few quick times and they generally can't keep up. Good points though.

Still, its always 100% easier to do a post-op and dissect than when the heat is on mid fight.

Katrina,

Yup.

Bloodbird,
I've seen you rage out with 'elitest' bombs a few times and I think it might make others happier if you tone it down a few notches.  Tempest in a teacup over a lot of things, mate.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #20 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:53 »

First fight was AHAC/Zealot Fleet, we had no issues against their DPS even with two of three of our logi's permajammed. Shortly after some of them reshipped to a 15 man AHAC Diemost fleet (With Falcons) and were killed with no losses either, though our AHAC fleet did die that night to 100+ man joint Caldari/Gallente fleet which we fought head on, because that's what we do.

Second fight we were using the Triage Carrier (Which was being neuted out by Abaddons that refit on our two triage carriers) as bait to try and get more hostiles on field. Also we have been fighting Flatline for almost a year they used to live in the Syndicate pocket I-RED lives in until they were removed, shortly after they moved to lowsec. To note alot of the shield fleet was neutral meaning we did not free-fire on them unless absolutely necessary, and we engaged the Drake/Shield fleet who were red to us until they were forced off the ones left behind you should look at the ranges they were at. Contrary to popular belief I know what I am doing even if my alliance does not.

EDIT: Also he was using CONFLAG/Multi/Scorch not Gamma >.>
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2012, 14:39 by John Revenent »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:59 »

John Revenent

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 10 Oct 2012, 14:25 »

Also as for the video names/description, they are his creation I talked to him about it but in the end they are his video's and I cannot force him to do anything.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #23 on: 10 Oct 2012, 15:21 »

Logan,

I think switching to drakes in that situation can be debatable, as they do shit damage compared to the ahacs which are probably putting much more hurt on your fleet.  Also its really easy to goose the carrier pilot by switching primaries a few quick times and they generally can't keep up. Good points though.
Silas,

I don't find it all that debatable. Fleet DPS at the 'tipping point' (if there ever was one during that fight) of the fight was just barely putting down hostile AHAC's, trying to play the who's primary game against their logi is wasting time. Shooting at Drakes and the other assorted shield ships are guaranteed kills and reduction in DPS in a fight like that. Damage output doesn't matter when you can kill 2-3 of them every 30 seconds vice 1-2 AHAC's every minute and while fighting against reps.

John,

He might have been using conflag, but even then in the first fight he was using scorch inside 10km. I didn't see him ever swap to mutlifreq in that fight. I like how you casually throw in there "because that's what we do."

I won't go into your overzealous comments about flatline too deeply, but let's just say I find it pretty laughable that you claim they were removed from NPC space.

[spoiler]My well placed sources tell a different story. In case I am not being clear, I had a spy in FLATLINE at the time and while they were even more horrible badz than I thought possible, they left Syndicate of their own free will and were under no thread from the IRED coalition at the time, any more than you were from their coalition. [/spoiler]

But we digress from the real point, those drakes seemed to be engaging you guys, I might be wrong if matters are further complicated by your ROE (not shooting neutrals) than that makes more sense.

I know you know what you are doing. I'd accept criticisms from you as well. Largely the problem is your pilots aren't all shooting at the same thing, not that you aren't calling targets or primaries. Doesn't seem like they are tracking secondary and tertiary targets, you should have your pilots at least three targets deep, Primary is x, secondary is y, tertiary is z. If you are doing that then your pilots are doing a pretty bad job at queuing up targets as you call them. I'd imagine it's a queuing problem rather than a target calling problem.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 10 Oct 2012, 15:32 »

Logan,

Silas,

I don't find it all that debatable. Fleet DPS at the 'tipping point' (if there ever was one during that fight) of the fight was just barely putting down hostile AHAC's, trying to play the who's primary game against their logi is wasting time. Shooting at Drakes and the other assorted shield ships are guaranteed kills and reduction in DPS in a fight like that. Damage output doesn't matter when you can kill 2-3 of them every 30 seconds vice 1-2 AHAC's every minute and while fighting against reps.

John,

He might have been using conflag, but even then in the first fight he was using scorch inside 10km. I didn't see him ever swap to mutlifreq in that fight. I like how you casually throw in there "because that's what we do."

I won't go into your overzealous comments about flatline too deeply, but let's just say I find it pretty laughable that you claim they were removed from NPC space.

[spoiler]My well placed sources tell a different story. In case I am not being clear, I had a spy in FLATLINE at the time and while they were even more horrible badz than I thought possible, they left Syndicate of their own free will and were under no thread from the IRED coalition at the time, any more than you were from their coalition. [/spoiler]

But we digress from the real point, those drakes seemed to be engaging you guys, I might be wrong if matters are further complicated by your ROE (not shooting neutrals) than that makes more sense.

I know you know what you are doing. I'd accept criticisms from you as well. Largely the problem is your pilots aren't all shooting at the same thing, not that you aren't calling targets or primaries. Doesn't seem like they are tracking secondary and tertiary targets, you should have your pilots at least three targets deep, Primary is x, secondary is y, tertiary is z. If you are doing that then your pilots are doing a pretty bad job at queuing up targets as you call them. I'd imagine it's a queuing problem rather than a target calling problem.

I only watched the first minute or so of the video, so I'll take your word for numbers of enemies and what they are in as you seem to know your stuff. My point was that (and this has to be made on the fly in the middle of a fight perhaps), you'd have to make the call between how long it takes to burn through high HP / low damage ships (drakes), versus high damage / not as high HP ahacs.  When they are getting reps not a good idea of course.  And like you mentioned I would also assume fleet had locked 3-4 called targets pre-emotively so 'switching' is super easy to stay ahead of reps. The switching targets thing as you know depends entirely how much alpha you are putting out. If you only need a cycle or two to kill a ship before they can get reps on it, then switching targets fast works well. Otherwise you totally right.

I've got an old alliance mate in Flatline I'd be curious his thoughts on the 'kicking out' thing as well.

But again we are all armchair quarterbacking, and its easy to be 'YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS' when we can rewatch video under no diress.  :)

John Revenent

• Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 10 Oct 2012, 15:35 »

Silas,

John,

I also had access to their forums as well, I said they were removed from our pocket of space JQV Const (They did have a mass evac after all, and their leadership was under constant pressure by their membership because of the lack of isk generation, and continued loss of fleets with superior numbers). Then shortly after left Syndicate implying they were in Syndicate for a short while after.

They all seemed to be shooting the primary minus one pilot, but when dealing with triage plus 3 guardians on top of that you have to keep swapping targets at random as I am sure you already know. tbh they did a great job seeing as we were able to remove Zealots in Abaddons under the nose of their logi.
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2012, 15:39 by John Revenent »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #26 on: 11 Oct 2012, 06:51 »

So let's try this again.

Love the videos but they could do without the 'description section' smack talk, specifically things like 'Militia scrubs' and the likes.  I-RED is better than that. 

The videos are posted by one of our more 'fiery' pilots, not by John or the rest of the leadership. The opinions expressed within do not represent blah blah blah. Disclaimer stuff.

Bullshit. By allowing him to voice such a 'we are so much better than you' attitude in both his descriptions and the video's themselves I-RED gives the impression they condone his way of thinking. What I assume to be his edit isn't helping either "We engaged a fleet of [not scrubs] militia" well look who could not bring himself to remove it entirely, instead trying for the 'not' approach in a pathetic attempt to be politically correct. Apparently it was enough for I-RED leadership to let it fly.

The video's were nice and all, but their execution gives me the impression that I-RED is on a whole very elitist about their dealings and generally don't offer much in the way of respect for... well, anything. Other sources leads me to believe this is not even remotely correct, but anyone who has not seen those can easily get the wrong impression. You may want to look into outlawing such an aggressive approach in such a public medium unless you don't care for the opinions people will form about your group. There are clearly more 'neutral' ways the same material can be presented that don't makes people take offense with, or misunderstand, you.

Aggro removal/

"While you claim that the opinion of one member don't speak for all, the voice of that one member is in a very public place and gives the impression that it is universal for your alliance. This is unfortunate because when you promote your alliance that I know for a fact is level-headed and competently decent, others can get the impression that you are very elitist and look down on others. You may want to look into avoiding this if you don't want people to miss-understand you."

/Aggro removal

Much better. Now if only I'd get better at doing this in the first place...

Speaking of aggro...

BloodBird, if you don't like I-RED or the way ONE of our pilots words something in a PvP video description, I'm not even sorry. This thread is not here to cater to your politically/socially correct ideals about what we should and should not be. It's here to provide a link to some Youtube videos. Get over yourself.

To any FW 'militia scrubs' here watching this thread, please note that what I said is not bullshit. anybody who spends more than a week in I-RED can tell you we actually do like the militias (certain corps and alliances excepted) because they are generally pretty cool guys who bring good fights. Please don't be upset by some playful namecalling. It's part of the rivalry we all enjoy in a PvP game.

EDIT: I should note that we do have some very hostile and butthurt relationships with certain militia corps. There are some we really really don't like, and some who really really don't like us. Not going to name names, but yes. They exist. It's possible the video poster misconstrued references to these former/current militia groups to include the whole militia... so maybe he was insulting all of the militia and meaning it. But in the end... is 'scrubs' really something to get so upset over? Seriously? In the words of CCP: "HTFU"

Two things.

First off, while the message was poorly made (and as they say, if the message was poorly written, blame the writer) the point would remain; I-RED is better served not giving people the wrong impressions about them in a public medium intended to promote your alliance's actions and I know for a fact you are better than implied in said public medium. This is the intended message of the above post.

You should learn to handle critics a bit better than "get over yourself", because in the context that your post was made, it made the whole thing ironic - Someone who apparently need to "get over themselves" tells another he should do so too. :lol:

Guess we can both learn something from this.

Secondly, When the Fed militia calls the Caldari militia 'squids' and get 'frogs' in return this is just two militias giving each other silly nick-names, that are not even understandable unless you get the in-debt explanation. When a non-militia entity apparently refer to the militia(s) as scrubs, it's taken as an insult to a supposedly inferior group of players - militia members. This is the bad thing I really think you want to avoid.

Bloodbird,
I've seen you rage out with 'elitest' bombs a few times and I think it might make others happier if you tone it down a few notches.  Tempest in a teacup over a lot of things, mate.

Your advice is noted and appreciated. Not sure I can promise anything though, elitism is a pet-peeve of mine, sadly.

Also as for the video names/description, they are his creation I talked to him about it but in the end they are his video's and I cannot force him to do anything.

A little sad, you could do without the implications. But yes, his videos, his final word.

I've no more business in this tread, as it was. I'll be back every now and then to see if more video's are posted, however.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 11 Oct 2012, 13:55 »

Well you're right, BloodBird. We did both get a bit heated. I stand by what I said though, impressions or not - the poster's comments and opinions do not represent the majority. His channel is sort of the de facto I-RED video channel, not something official.

I assure you, I-RED is about as far from elitist as we can get. We often go -too- far when bashing ourselves, so the whole 'scrubs' comment is just hilariously ironic for us. I-RED calling anyone else scrubs is just ridiculous. We really don't have an elitist attitude, and anything that could be construed as elitist is either meant in jest or irony [in public], or is just misunderstood morale boosting [internal].

All that said, I take your implied apology for your first post, and offer my own apologies for my blunt words.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #28 on: 12 Oct 2012, 02:54 »

You just can't imagine, how funny it looks from my side, when I remember one particular battle with I-RED  :lol:

But well, I see they successfully adopted tactics we used against them back then. I look forward to see what can they field against us now   :twisted:

John Revenent

• Pod Captain
« Reply #29 on: 12 Oct 2012, 03:45 »

You just can't imagine, how funny it looks from my side, when I remember one particular battle with I-RED  :lol:

But well, I see they successfully adopted tactics we used against them back then. I look forward to see what can they field against us now   :twisted:

Something I tell my alliance daily. Though it's not new for anyone who has any type of extended pvp experience.

"Adapt or Die."

We are not dead yet so will assume we are doing something right.
Pages: 1 [2]