Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Inspiracy Steam Group (connecting for gaming outside of EVE)  (Read 12752 times)

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

Clan Oda was the second largest clan to mine with 16 provinces in my Legendary game. :eek:
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

Maybe they've fixed that then.

The fix, at the time, was to start Oda and Takeda as allies from the first turn (via modding).

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

Oda dying on turn 2 happens 5 out of 6 times, but not ALWAYS. I'd hardly call it a break or direct problem, but it's a result of the AI's thinking for sure; Oda vacates their entire castle to go kill X, Y run the castle over on turn 2 while Oda is away. Oda dies.

... the alternative if you played Oda was to box in or send small forces. You are pretty much living or dying on winning ALL up-hill battles the first 6 turns to secure some land and get yourself some breathing-room.

And ofc, if Oda did NOT die, it usually made for a very dangerous enemy. I recall my Ikko Ikki campaign before total break-down ended in an Oda Empire vs Ikko Empire war - Ashigaru casualties were insane and the battlefields were packed full of corpses. Speaking of the Ikko... I love them. That is all.

When/IF I get my new rig some day I'd love to game Shogun 2 online with... well anyone. If anyone else wants to campaign I'd be glad to foster a small alliance for the good of Japan :D

Alain Kinsella

• The Planet Miner
  • Clonejack
    • The Kind Healer

Joined.  Not giving a name here, its my RL one (same as I've used in Myst/Uru circles as well as in There); Should be easy to spot though, just match the avatar pics.  :)

As for games, I had made an interesting purchase over New Years by getting an odd-looking game called Fractal: Make Blooms, not War.  Its one of those many puzzler type games you see out there, and seems interesting to the right person.  Still figuring out if I'm one of them.   :lol:  Still, if you're looking for something that can play on older notebooks (on trips and such), this looks like a good candidate - will go in mine alongside Bejeweled Twist (80 hrs play so far) and Bejeweled 3 (12 hrs so far).

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran

Shogun Lovers should definately take a good long look at this baby:

Shogun All-in-one

A Combination of all the best mods for TW:S2

Read up on the documentation, it WILL change the way the game is played.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

Well, that all-in-one mod appeared good for ten minutes. Then I saw that it had increased the number of town garrison units and saw it bad. Is it possible to disable parts of this while keeping the rest?

By bad I mean, they prolong the "start game" as I have to build up a bigger army before attacking anything and after that phase I guess I will have more benefit out of those than the AI clans which is not an assistance I need. I liked the graphical and musical updates, but I do not need modification to the core game play (certainly not things to make it easier for me and more difficult for the AI).
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2012, 17:27 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Dear Esther... go buy it, now. It's without a shadow of a doubt the most powerful and beautiful experience I have ever had in front of a computer. It's harrowing, haunting, manipulative, seductive and deceitful... and it's amazing. It's cheap too. However, here's something very important to remember:

Don't play this unless you've set yourself up for it. Get some good comfy headphones or use good speakers. Pull all the curtains close, let the room go dark. Keep a good cup of coffee or tea (or whisky, wine, whatever) nearby and turn off your phone. Allow yourself about two hours and sit down and just experience this gorgeous creation.

You know all the other recommendations I've brought here over the years? The reviews, the hyperbole? Well, this one's the ultimate one. I recommend this over all the others.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq

Picked this up on ModDB before it got revamped. I've not yet played the new version (It's downloading now) but I can strongly endorse Miz's comment. Even with home-done map editing and stuff it really took my breath away.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot

Funny, just opened the forums to ask what people made of that game, since a friend was disappointed with it on FB, and she's an artist so she usually appreciates these kinds of things.

Miz, when you say two hours, do you mean that is the entire game time?

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

Usually less than two hours for a single playthrough, yes. All the way down to one hour, depending on your decisions. Perfect length for the experience in question since it allows for the whole thing to be done in one sitting instead of chopping it up into pieces that just doesn't work without the rest.

There's replay value through the randomization in what you might find, hear and experience as well, even though just playing it through once is perfectly validated by it thus becoming a singular experience.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain

Just picked it up and played through it. It was excellent, totally worth it. I was a little curious about the end, though;

[spoiler]when I finished, after flying over the paper boats, the screen went black and just played the sound of waves crashing on the beach. Ten minutes later, the screen was still black, same sound playing. Ten minutes later, no change, I quit to menu. Is that how it's supposed to end or did something glitch?[/spoiler]

Jev North

Dear Esther is less of a game, and more of a gigabyte-long, very well-crafted poem. A profoundly unsettling one, at that.

[spoiler]when I finished, after flying over the paper boats, the screen went black and just played the sound of waves crashing on the beach. Ten minutes later, the screen was still black, same sound playing. Ten minutes later, no change, I quit to menu. Is that how it's supposed to end or did something glitch?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]That's working as intended, I'd say.[/spoiler]

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran

I'll be delving into Crusader Kings 2 this weekend. Pray for me!

Lyn Farel

Paradox Entertainement  :cube:

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

Looks like an absolutely brilliant game. Pity I'm terribad at those games and never really get into them. I might grab it when it goes cheap.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8