Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Corporation Management Advice  (Read 2634 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: Corporation Management Advice
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jun 2013, 15:05 »

I would say that pretty much everything has been covered, and i strongly recommend you create good names for divisions (corp hangars), roles and security access.

It will be easy for a new guy in your corp to say he wants to build from corp hangar and share stuff, but that means using corp funds and office space. Evil-doers will be evil-doers and nothing will prevent a heist against you, but you can actually diminish the impact it will have on the corp and individual members.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #16 on: 20 Jun 2013, 15:09 »

Here is an example of  written plans i put together for I-RED while i was working with them.  They needed plenty of more work before they were a good plans really.   I didn't lay out any bench-mark goals or assign the various tasks (and planning of tasks!) to specific individuals - and not delegating the tasks involved enough was one of the reasons I burnt out and left I-RED/quite Eve for a bit.   I only had a few hours a week for Eve related stuff and I was spreadsheeting and planning and not shooting Rote like I wanted  :bash:  However, I think they are a workable enough foundation for you to take inspiration from.

Sensitive info has been edited out with *** for op-sec reasons.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WGxTa-lJqCf8AbdwAeg2OhX0dg2GW4aIVNQVyBud4nI/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VdldNTdQtFPlb8czzM6j_13B9SNS8Nv6HVywAKexiHs/edit?usp=sharing

For this one the Credit belongs to Dex/Orange as I shamelessly stole the template from him:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oNLDMzYNh-VxI5JVS_up68KQXoNR7RCg9odQ516hOUk/edit?usp=sharing

This is pretty much the management and planning part of a what they teach you when you get a Master's degree in business admin (MBA) distilled into a few pages:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bTTKCy__Sj1ROPZIcBE3sjKzL3fKOgdybsSAytaRBT8/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 18:15 by Hamish Grayson »

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #17 on: 20 Jun 2013, 16:14 »

Take the "mall test" with any potential recruits, especially anyone you're hoping to give a position of responsibility to: If you're in a shopping mall and you see the other person but they don't see you, would you go talk to them or continue on your way? Hire the former, don't hire the latter.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 20 Jun 2013, 16:44 »

Something I also forgot and I am very poor at. Talk to people, go to them. Ask them if they are interested and that they fit in your corp, that they have a place in there.

When people come at you, they are in an implicit position of client / service seller. It's easier to be recruited than to recruit people. If people are not happy, they act like consumers and go see elsewhere.

If you go first, then people see that you are actually interested in them, and to begin with it's flattering for them, but it's also telling them that you believe in them. It implicitly give them already a few responsibilities. Those are most likely to get involved in your corp if you manage to make them agree to come.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #19 on: 20 Jun 2013, 17:45 »

Well I just BMd all those google docs.... Thanks Hamish, useful stuff there.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #20 on: 20 Jun 2013, 18:08 »

You're welcome :)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #21 on: 20 Jun 2013, 18:13 »

Thank you all for the great advice so far, and its made me very pleased to see that I've already been doing some of it and I'm not totally off base.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 21 Jun 2013, 09:44 »

interesting documents, i'll snatch a copy if you don't mind  :bear:
Pages: 1 [2]