Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that a theremax is a musical instrument constructed of a thin, black piece of rubbery material with embedded oscillators that is played by moving one's hands in the electric field it generates? (p. 100)

Author Topic: [UNUSUAL RECRUITING] Religious foundation Goner Temple  (Read 3155 times)

Sarachem

• Clonejack
    • Goner Temple faction in EVE Online

Religious foundation Goner Temple awaits new brothers.

Who are we and why are we here?

We are all capsuleers, but we remember our roots. We are all children of the Holy Earth. Our mother is lost, but will not be forgotten. We seek true believers those who are ready to embrace the memories of our long lost home world. All of us has stained ourselves with the mark of a sinner. But we chose to redeem for our sins. We bring the light of the true faith into the darkest corners of space. We do this in order to remind capsuleers of our common heritage. We deny war and violence. We deny money and prosperity. We deny anger. Because all of us capsuleers are nothing but orphans. We suffer, we cry and we commit sin due to our pain. Because we all share the same illness. We miss our home.
The Goner religious sect has no military force to speak of. However, the Goners do have a substantial number of Goner ships roaming the galaxy, seeking to spread our faith.
The Goner sect began when the Amarr government began suppressing the stories of past history in order to assert its authority.
Most of the population let events pass, but a small number could not accept the deliberate destruction of their culture's own history. As such, Goners saved all the material they could.
Goners believe the old myths of Earth and Sol to be actual history. We anticipate a reunion with our Earth brothers.
We wait with open arms for the return of our ancestors, and come in peace to spread this news.

---

Well, enough of this, let's get serious.

Q: Are you ******ed?
A: No, but we act like we are.

Q: What's this all about?
A: Flashmob. The larger our temple, the wider our propaganda - the more annoying we are.

Q: What monk does?
A: Flies around on unarmed rookie ship or shuttle and ctrl-v our manifest in local channels.

Q: Is there a goal?
A: Yes. We want Earth here, in EVE Online. Somewhere.

Q: How often you get killed?
A: Depends on personal skills. I often give myself up to locals in 0.0 and while they killing me I tell them that my sacrifice should open their eyes. For example.

Q: OK, sounds nice, how do I participate?
A: In order to join us you need to:
• Create a new character (a twink, not an account)
• Amarr-Amarr-Hedion-Religious
• Name: "Goner [Last Name]"
• Wear a hooded robe.
• Choose calm and neutral background.
• Apply to join.

---
The Goner Faction reconstruction in EVE Online

Goners are a religious sect that originated on Amarr Prime, they follow the teachings of a legendary hero called Goner Father, we believe he was a space traveler that crashed upon Amarr prime many eons ago and founded the Amarr Civilization. We think he became their leader and gave them his own name, Goners. However no physical evidence has been found to prove this theory.
Originally we were a group of dissidents who violently disagreed with our governments plans to re-invent amarr history in the year 0. As the government began destroying race archives, the Goners managed to rescue many of the ancient records, they then began to spread out and teach the words of goners the legendary throughout the universe. Today we journey through the universe preaching and attempting to convert anyone who will listen, as well as amarr believers we have also converted some other races mainly Gallente, Caldari and Minmatar. We think Goner Father arrived in our universe though a jumpgate many eons ago he lead a great space fleet that after a battle with an unknown enemy crash landed on Amarr.

There he met the leaders of the Amarr and taught them how to create the many new technologies he and his race had mastered, eventually he became an important leader and helped the Amarr race reach space, despite the amarr authorities claiming there is no evidence of his existence, the Goners have uncovered some clues, we do not know if it exists it could still function before he crashed on Amarr prime we believed Goner Father traveled through now known Citadel, and Metropolis region, far in the direction of the Jovians, there are many asteroids in that system, we believed he managed to hide something in one, it is a long way and the Jovians can be dangerous.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2013, 02:31 by Sarachem »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
Re: [UNUSUAL RECRUITING] Religious foundation Goner Temple
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2013, 15:54 »

>.>
<.<
...Ok, if no one said anything, I'll do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, people, but I don't think many of us are gonna touch this corp with a 10-feet pole, considering that Earth is a bit of a tricky subject to base RP on. I think that 'tricky' might actually be a bit of an understatement.

I'm not trying to bash your idea, Sarachem, and I give you credit for coming up with something original, but I think there are reasons why there's not something like this already, and I just want to point out that this may not be thing a lot of people are interested in or might like you for.
-OOChé

Sarachem

• Clonejack
    • Goner Temple faction in EVE Online
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2013, 15:55 »

No problem. Thank you for your comment anyway =)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2013, 18:21 »

It sounds like you may have already read this, but just in case :

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Earth

This is pretty much all the established pf on "Earth". Be aware that most people will probably be like "the hell is he smoking?" Some of your stuff is pretty out there, but good luck anyway.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2013, 18:23 by Nmaro Makari »
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2013, 05:09 »

Why not ? As long as it remains based on the common speculations of what people in New Eden know.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2013, 07:30 »

Personally, I think this idea is hilarious and I hope it takes off into a wildly successful group of RPers, trolling around Null and Lowsec, bewildering pirates and nullbears alike.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2013, 11:54 »

And all I can think of is to look at my X series games...
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2013, 13:44 »

A couple of notes:

* Canonically, humanity not only had time to spread out pretty much throughout the whole Milky Way, but to virtually deplete its resources before the Eve Gate was found. Earth was a distant memory even then.

* It is therefore deeply unlikely that the Earth is substantially remembered, at least as something resembling what it was (though you could make an argument that it's at least as likely as somebody remembering what a moa is).

* An order remembering the old Milky Way is therefore a bit more likely, less likely to push people's "I DISBELIEVE" button, and just as likely to be called Goners.

* Such an order would  be far out of line with the Amarr ...

* ... but pretty well in line with the Sisters of Eve ...

* ... who are underrepresented in Eve roleplay, anyway.

Thoughts?

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2013, 15:08 »

I honestly see the Sister's of Eve as knowing a lot more than most about Earth than most, at least at the higher levels.  Personally, if I were going to start a a SoE RP fleet, I'd go all dark undertone of rescuing everyone while doing something like taking DNA samples to get more evidence of what Earth was like.

"Okay dearies, now time for flu shots, free of charge of course."

"There sure are a lot of shots."

"Oh but we must be healthy."  :Winning smile:

As for the OP, not the strangest religion I've heard of, and unless I am missing something, it sticks pretty close to what could be infered IC, based on that article.  Yes, no one knows what Earth is exactly, but they know there was an Earth that we came from. 

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2013, 16:00 »

I've always thought SoE were shadier than most people seem to make them out to be. I used to run missions for them in X7O, and I've gotten all sorts of random things as rewards that you wouldn't expect. Crates of high tech small arms and the like.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2013, 16:23 »

A couple of notes:

* Canonically, humanity not only had time to spread out pretty much throughout the whole Milky Way, but to virtually deplete its resources before the Eve Gate was found. Earth was a distant memory even then.

* It is therefore deeply unlikely that the Earth is substantially remembered, at least as something resembling what it was (though you could make an argument that it's at least as likely as somebody remembering what a moa is).

* An order remembering the old Milky Way is therefore a bit more likely, less likely to push people's "I DISBELIEVE" button, and just as likely to be called Goners.

* Such an order would  be far out of line with the Amarr ...

* ... but pretty well in line with the Sisters of Eve ...

* ... who are underrepresented in Eve roleplay, anyway.

Thoughts?

Iirc it is the Amarr theory on Terra/Earth that predominates in New Eden, canonically, though. And it's the closest one to the truth.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2013, 16:26 »

I've always thought SoE were shadier than most people seem to make them out to be. I used to run missions for them in X7O, and I've gotten all sorts of random things as rewards that you wouldn't expect. Crates of high tech small arms and the like.

Sanctuary is cryptic and shady as hell (like, in Black Mountain).

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2013, 17:50 »

An organization which goes toe-to-toe with the Society of Conscious Thought on a regular basis is not merely an aid group with spiritual leanings. They've got skeletons in their closet, and probably a few live ones, too.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2013, 09:00 »

Oh, an evewiki article about earth? I was not aware of that one. That changes things a bit, I suppose.
-OOChé

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2013, 12:23 »

An organization which goes toe-to-toe with the Society of Conscious Thought on a regular basis is not merely an aid group with spiritual leanings. They've got skeletons in their closet, and probably a few live ones, too.

Prettymuch my thoughts exactly! And that Earth article really plays its part in Safai's rp, not sure where I'd be without it to give her stance some backbone.

Hello! I've often noticed a Goner hanging about in the New Eden system. Might need some work, but I think the idea is keen and high five to the X series.

I also like Aria's notion of Earth being essentially synonymous with the Milky Way, it is a far more digestible idea from New Eden's perspective.