Archives > Katacombs

IPI/ILF – Ch-ch-ch-changes

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bataav:

--- Quote from: Hamish Grayson on 02 Jul 2013, 08:37 ---Is there a lot of RPers involved in the Caldari/Gallente FW scene and do the non-RPers care about Intaki?

--- End quote ---
It definately seems that both sides want to be the one holding the system simply because it's acknowledged to be a system that's important, even if it's not deemed strategically valuable in terms of "winning the war".

In RP terms, there's definately more from FedMil, but it's only usually occurs when FedMil take the system from CalMil, at which point there'll be an IGS thread. Interestingly enough the most vocal FedMil pilots seem to have a deep (IC?) hatred for Intaki and only make an effort to deny their opponants.

CalMil are generally much quieter on the subject, and there's been little or no RP I'm aware of, prompted by CalMil taking the system on Friday.

--- Quote from: Bruno Bonner on 02 Jul 2013, 09:32 ---
--- Quote from: Sakaane Eionell on 01 Jul 2013, 18:43 ---Wanting to create an independent Intaki sovereignty means not being aligned with any empire. We will continue to lobby for secession.
--- End quote ---

The above is soemthing i don't quite understand yet, the Intaki Assembly holds sov and control over Intaki and surrounding colonies AFAIK. Thats why the Mordu's Legion was hired for security at some point.

--- End quote ---
It's likely we'll become more vocal about the failings of the Assembly too. There are a couple of angles we could use, such as their limited ability to act being a symptom of the Federal model, where the meaningful stuff happens at Senate level. They could always be more vocal though which suggests a lack of willingness in which case we can hold them to task for that too.

--- Quote from: Bruno Bonner on 02 Jul 2013, 09:32 ---Currently, the State is taking over the whole warzone, isn't that against your goals? i know if the Federation was capturing back it would also be against your goals....but it would seem you have better chances to be heard within the Federation, and eventually be given more liberties as a Federate member.....

--- End quote ---
What we're doing here is effectively acknowledging, formally as a corporation, that the pendulum swing of the conflict has become so perpetual and innevitable in its cycle, that we're better off ignoring the flag on the map. Chances are it'll be a different flag in a few weeks anyway, so the fact CalMil are currently doing well is largely irrelevent to our long term goals for the Intaki sov.

Changing the system from within as an ongoing Federal member is a valid approach, but we argue that so far that's not worked so a change of approach is needed.

Overall the idea here is to give ourselves some room to manouver. AFter all we're based in a core FW area, and have the Syndicate on our doorstep, so being strictly non-FW and anti-Serpentis/pirate is very restrictive in terms of gameplay and avenues of potential RP. Honestly I believe it's what's prompted some former pilots to move on.

Addressing interaction with FW is the "lesser of two weavils" and should loosen the straight jacket a little. We can come back to the Syndicate's potential at a later stage.

Alain Colcer:
Uhm, interesting, then i have a proposition for you......

Will write you an evemail later.

Pieter Tuulinen:

--- Quote from: Bataav on 02 Jul 2013, 11:05 ---In RP terms, there's definately more from FedMil, but it's only usually occurs when FedMil take the system from CalMil, at which point there'll be an IGS thread. Interestingly enough the most vocal FedMil pilots seem to have a deep (IC?) hatred for Intaki and only make an effort to deny their opponants.

CalMil are generally much quieter on the subject, and there's been little or no RP I'm aware of, prompted by CalMil taking the system on Friday.
--- End quote ---

Everytime the GalMil takes significant systems from CalMil there are a series of fairly obscene threads where they pat themselves on the back so hard that they risk putting their arms out of joint.

Given how little the fortunes of the warzone actually have to do with the dedicated FW pilots and corporations and how much it actually has to do with several large alliances that operate a revolving door policy of faction loyalty to keep the LPs and iskies coming in, I've always felt that it's just poor taste *SNIP -Havo wuz heer* to start threads like that.

Yes, our Glorious State controls the space around Intaki again. But as soon as the Russians decide they can make more money as Amarrians or Minmatar or Gallente, we'll be on our arses again, so far be it from me to emulate pilots like X-Gallentius.

Shintoko Akahoshi:
Speaking as a newly out of the closet GalFed loyalist (sorry, Pieter), this is probably the most irritating thing about GalMil FW. Say what you will about the other factions, they certainly seem to behave a little more tastefully.

I'd love a chance to talk to some of the IPI/ILF pilots, though. There's a lot of latent potential for RP that I think is largely being missed by the more FW-minded folks.

Pieter Tuulinen:
Shiiiiiin.... You know Veik gets angry if I have friends in GalMil!

Ugh!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version