Archives > Katacombs

IPI/ILF – Ch-ch-ch-changes

<< < (4/5) > >>

Syagrius:
Good stuff and good reads, folks should check out your forums.

Milo Caman:
I'm a bit late to the party, but it's good to see new lines finally drawn out here. I'll be watching developments with interest.

Hong WeiLoh:
Sakaane, my old friend, I'm glad to see these changes. The Harriers stand with you on this, and as you well know, I am very interested in cooperative operations between your people and mine, as we have similar goals (though a much less restrictive ROE ;) as we've discussed before).
I do have to respectfully disagree with your's and Bataav's thinking that FW members plexing in Intaki and its surrounds is irrelevant, or "the color of the flag doesn't matter". The simple fact is that capsuleers engaged in capturing complex sites for their faction are richly rewarded for their 'loyalties' to their empires. Not only does this enrich them personally ISK-wise, but enables the creation of more faction ships, modules, and ammo, all of which drives the war machine onward and 'upward'.
If ever there was a case of the 'military-industrial complex' being the 'tail that wags the dog', this is it.

Further, I've found that a disturbing number of FW members avoid the actual "conflict" part of the war at all costs. Leaving complexes as soon as someone shows up on the d-scan, or flying ships mounted with as many warp core stabs as will fit, for example. I have yet only had one person ever attempt to actually engage me for entering their FW plex, even then, the best they could do was :stalemate:, and like the less-courageous ones, they eventually left as well.

Of course, in the end, that just keeps the occupation level down, or prevents it from changing hands, that does nothing for Intaki's true independence. It is, however, no small amount of fun at times. ;)

Bataav:

--- Quote from: Hong WeiLoh on 27 Jul 2013, 12:19 ---I do have to respectfully disagree with your's and Bataav's thinking that FW members plexing in Intaki and its surrounds is irrelevant, or "the color of the flag doesn't matter". The simple fact is that capsuleers engaged in capturing complex sites for their faction are richly rewarded for their 'loyalties' to their empires. Not only does this enrich them personally ISK-wise, but enables the creation of more faction ships, modules, and ammo, all of which drives the war machine onward and 'upward'.
If ever there was a case of the 'military-industrial complex' being the 'tail that wags the dog', this is it.

--- End quote ---
I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

There's no doubting that the FW game mechanic offers something of value to its players, otherwise there wouldn't be so many of them :) You're correct that, to the FW player the mechanic is a source of Isk, LP (and therefore faction shineys) and PvP for those willing to engage in it.

When we talk about FW's irrelevance, we mean in terms of it's impact on the Intaki system itself, and people who don't actively take part in the mechanic.

Of course if FW players wish to invest their LP into the system then there are benefits for all in terms of market costs, manufacturing efficiencies and the like. But in terms of the colour of the flag being irrelevent? I stand by that.

If the benefits to a system differed between faction so that Fed. control meant the system got one set of bonuses and State control meant there was a different set of bonuses then I'd agree that FW was of some consequence, and the balance of power would matter as locals would have a personal preference as to which set bonuses they'd be getting.

Desiderya:
Or if there'd be some choice what to upgrade with the LPs (akin to sov upgrades). Serious food for thought here, man.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version