Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More Special Edition Ships?  (Read 2781 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
More Special Edition Ships?
« on: 05 Feb 2014, 01:14 »

Was browsing the market and ran across two ships I have never heard of.

Both have KK color schemes.

Etana
The Etana came into existence as one of numerous secret projects under Tibus Heth's rule. As part of those revolutionary and paranoid times in the Caldari State, political emphasis on technological research was split between a need for inexpensive improvements in warfare and a need for advances in espionage and the arts of secrecy.

One of the outcomes of that research was an improvement on the Osprey, whose versatility and low manufacturing cost made it a natural candidate for improvements. The resulting vessel maintained the shield defenses known among similar ships of its type, while adding an array of remarkable black ops capabilities. In fact, it is reputed that initial prototypes were employed to spy on interstellar activities near the recaptured Caldari Prime, as part of Tibus Heth's continually growing espionage initiative.

Cambion
The Cambion is the result of Caldari State Executor Tibus Heth's insistence that modern weapons of war be able to continually outperform previous standardized versions. While that effort is rumored to have been hit-and-miss (resulting in great scientific advances at the cost of a stunning array of misfortunes), it is absolutely undeniable that the Cambion has been one of its great successes, a feat that likely could not have been achieved in a different political milieu.

The Cambion is an out-and-out brawler. Taking note from the Merlin – a versatile combat frigate in its own right – this ship is intended to rush in, overheat everything it runs, hit hard with everything it has and get out moments before death can find it.

Did I just miss these?

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
Re: More Special Edition Ships?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2014, 01:53 »

Alliance tournament prices

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2014, 05:24 »

I wonder how much KK ISK was sunk into these "wonder weapon" projects to "win" the war.

Desiderya

« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2014, 09:20 »

I hear Provists still have a secret research base on the dark side of Moon II on Nonni - IV.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2014, 11:23 »

I hear Provists still have a secret research base on the dark side of Moon II on Nonni - IV.

shhh... its secret!

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #5 on: 08 Feb 2014, 11:47 »

I can't help but chuckle at Etana(Snail in Finnish).

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2014, 12:00 »

I can't help but chuckle at Etana(Snail in Finnish).

I did that as well.

Still, I reckon they are referring to the Sumerian king of the same name.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2014, 07:14 »

Veik already has the albinoriser to fulfill her grand plan of turning all those Brutor into loyal State Civire.

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2014, 07:46 »

Do want Black ops fleet with Etanas, Tengu, Falcons and Widows  :yar:

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2014, 16:40 »

We have Etana's but we are not allowed to use them outside tournaments =/

Still the whole idea of blops logistics is kind of like an embarrassing growth on young blops fleet FC's.  To be medicated, disposed of and never mentioned again.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 26 Feb 2014, 18:45 »

HOW DO I OBTAIN THIS MAJESTIC BEAST?
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2014, 20:31 by Aldrith Shutaq »

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #11 on: 26 Feb 2014, 20:51 »

I'm sure you just need ask the Empress for Kador ships, because some House Heirs are naughty boys and cannot have their nice things.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 27 Feb 2014, 13:39 »

Looks like it is carbonized... Is that a wreck of the Solitude invasion ?  :eek:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #13 on: 27 Feb 2014, 13:50 »

There were some shader updates in a 700mb patch last night.

Included were a bunch of ship variations.

We also appear to have the base hull/faction combos for the ATXII ships in the database now - a Guristas interceptor based on the Condor hull called the Whiptail, and a Guristas force recon based on the Blackbird hull called the Chameleon. No fresh stats available yet though - they're currently using the Crow and Falcon's description/stats respectively, and the only real difference is the Guristas skin and a modified Guristas logo.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #14 on: 27 Feb 2014, 14:34 »

i can understand creating several special edition ships for "empire" factions, even minor ones, but will never understand why pirate factions can freely give rewards to capsuleers, specially since they "hunt" belt ships all the time.

I would love to see syndicate/mordus/ammatar/kador/SoCT/ORE issue ships for AT prizes
Pages: [1] 2