Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone have a problem with...  (Read 2115 times)

Vikarion

Anyone have a problem with...
« on: 30 Dec 2015, 17:10 »

...me writing an alternate history play-through of the Second World War in Hearts of Iron 3?

I love alternate history, and I've enjoyed learning a lot about the Second World War, and since I may have a couple free days coming up (for the first time in a LONG time), I was thinking of doing a play-through and sort of doing a fiction series on it in the non-eve fiction area.

On the other hand, I don't want to offend anyone. So, if anyone would object or approve, lemme know. Otherwise I'll probably go ahead with it today or tomorrow.  :)

Utari Onzo

Re: Anyone have a problem with...
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2015, 17:37 »

I'd be interested to read that.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2015, 19:32 »

Obligatory comment regarding the numbers of us waiting on your Fallout 4 playthrough. ;)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vikarion

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2015, 19:37 »

Obligatory comment regarding the numbers of us waiting on your Fallout 4 playthrough. ;)

That would require significantly MORE time.  :P

Vikarion

« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2015, 01:20 »

I'm gonna go ahead and do this.

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2015, 05:14 »

Is it a blog/vlog or are you posting it here?
You are RPing wrong.

Vikarion

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2015, 09:57 »

Is it a blog/vlog or are you posting it here?

Posting it here. Non-eve fiction area.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2015, 13:52 »

Why would anyone be 'offended' by someone writing about their alternate WW2 video game?

Do your thing man!

Vikarion

« Reply #8 on: 01 Jan 2016, 18:07 »

Why would anyone be 'offended' by someone writing about their alternate WW2 video game?

Do your thing man!

You obviously have not visited Tumblr very much.  :P ;)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 Jan 2016, 04:24 »

Do your thing man!

So do the same people get equally steamed up about older alternate history works like Man In The High Castle or SS-GB? The Nazis winning is a popular theme for such things after all. Come to that they must've gone berserk with Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series (aliens invade during WW2 and as a consequence Nazi Germany is still around at the end of it).
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Vikarion

« Reply #10 on: 02 Jan 2016, 22:52 »

Do your thing man!

So do the same people get equally steamed up about older alternate history works like Man In The High Castle or SS-GB? The Nazis winning is a popular theme for such things after all. Come to that they must've gone berserk with Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series (aliens invade during WW2 and as a consequence Nazi Germany is still around at the end of it).

Heh. Heh heh heh.

I'll just post an example, from a "powerpuff-girl-kin":

This might be a poe, and let's hope it is, but the problem is that I can't tell, because this is, apparently, fairly normal for quite a few people. You have people who insist that they are god-kin, too, and dragon-kin, and etc. etc.
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2016, 23:03 by Vikarion »

Kala

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jan 2016, 01:46 »

The Nazis winning is a popular theme for such things after all.

Fatherland by Robert Harris is a good book, on that theme. Though the person lending me the book forgot that his copy had a publishing error  :bash: and I wasn't sure if randomly jumping back and repeating a third of the book wasn't intentional for some reason as some kind of narrative device :bash: all fixed when I bought it for my kindle.  :P

This might be a poe, and let's hope it is, but the problem is that I can't tell, because this is, apparently, fairly normal for quite a few people.

I expect so.  It's almost too good to be real, and there's some very knowing elements - "Then it got worse when some horrible person decided to type into the chat box "if you were a pedo which powerpuff girl would you masturbate to?". At this point tears started to stream out of my eyes, and then it got worse, someone responded with "Buttercup." < that's an adroit and well observed summation of the interwebs, right there. 

(though as you say, sometimes difficult to separate parody from who's being parodied)

Vikarion

« Reply #12 on: 05 Jan 2016, 04:35 »

Well, anyway, the story is here:
http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=6976.0

It's not finished yet, and it's definitely been fun to write.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jan 2016, 05:58 »

It's been fun to read.  :)  Looking forward to more.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #14 on: 05 Jan 2016, 08:06 »

I'll just post an example, from a "powerpuff-girl-kin":

This might be a poe, and let's hope it is, but the problem is that I can't tell, because this is, apparently, fairly normal for quite a few people. You have people who insist that they are god-kin, too, and dragon-kin, and etc. etc.

I cringed when I saw those hashtags......and maybe even died a little on the inside.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17
Pages: [1] 2