Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Titan Doomsday Devices were originally massive, field clearing nukes instead of doomsday rays?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cloning/Podding and the Intaki  (Read 1608 times)

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
Re: Cloning/Podding and the Intaki
« Reply #15 on: 30 May 2013, 03:40 »

I had been operating under the assumption it was a Dalai Lama sort of thing. One person dies, the monk dudes go out and find what child they believe to be the reincarnation. The use of cloning seems to suggest all sorts of strange and nefarious things however it might be as simple as them taking a sample of the Idama's genetic material and using it to create an embryo and then implanting it in a willing mother.

Whether or not the clone is in fact carrying the memories and experience of the original is as subjective as in the Dalai Lama example.
That was my original understanding too. Reborn Intaki were reincarnated as we understand it today. It would still fit the idea of meditation, etc. to reach back to previous incarnations to benefit from wisdom gained, etc.

My thoughts on the process have slowly evolved over time though. Ideas like the one I posted above about ancient tech have come from the fact this is EVE and so grimdark is manditory.

Also:

I seem to remember some Gallente persons saying things like "baby-murdering savages" and such, regarding the Intaki

Pay no attention to that, though. The Gallente are always flapping their gums about stuff they don't understand :P
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 30 May 2013, 06:24 »

While it is true we haven't really seen a clear explanation for the Reborn process, and initially I thought about in modern/rl/Dalai Lama terms, I think it has been insinuated that whatever happens involves a specific newborn baby. The Gallente remark about "baby-killers" certainly speaks for that. Whether the result is a complete takeover by the old (and adult) personality, a merging or something else remains unclear. I do believe it is a merging, but with the baby's personality so undeveloped it probably is close to a takeover regardless.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 30 May 2013, 06:58 »

It's not just Gallente who are saying it, it's some of us estranged intaki (and un-taki) too.

Katla's position is basically "well, at least I'm glad my mother didn't do that to me."
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!
Pages: 1 [2]