Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Author Topic: Tribes: Ascend  (Read 1792 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Tribes: Ascend
« on: 16 Apr 2012, 19:11 »

So, who is playing this?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Re: Tribes: Ascend
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2012, 20:11 »

Had about 45 minutes to check it out the other night and got a few rounds in.  Wish I had more time to spend with it since Starsiege: Tribes was a big part of my teenage gaming days.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 16 Apr 2012, 21:44 »

* Bruno Bonner raises hand

i was a player of both the tribes1, tribes2 and a very short experience with tribes:v (my cd-key was somehow stolen and i couldnt play online albeit having a legally bought copy)

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2012, 02:12 »

Im playing a bit in T:A a bit and im realy bad at it, never played Tribes before(therefore can't compare to the earlier games). Started playing in beta, and the game went live few days ago. Here is a link if you want to play a ref link offcourse: https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/?referral=140355&utm_campaign=email

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2012, 03:51 »

Played a bit of it, enjoyed it for its "old school" nature and all that. Not sure I'll keep it up though. Maybe I've been corrupted by the late 2000s, just from an RP angle, not a huge fan of the map style (unless it was some televised combat tournament)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2012, 17:41 »

Got some time today to sit down and play this for a few hours.  Damn that was fun.  Like Unreal Tournament LAN party fun.  I've become fairly handy with the Thumper and love the versatility of the basic Soldier class, but I've got some XP to burn now and am thinking of picking up the Raider class.  If you haven't given Tribes a look yet, do so.  Here's a sign up referral link.  And if you aren't convinced, here's a video review.  In-game handle is Hegemon4Hire if you'd like to friend up.

« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2012, 17:45 by Ken »

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2012, 13:45 »

I play T:A too. Ingame name is NEWater and I love trolling people with the Doombringer class.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2012, 14:32 »

i've been playing more CnH lately than CTF, find it more fun given how 2-3 guys need to team up to take a well defended position.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2012, 19:38 »

Needs moar HERCs.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.