Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 1826 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
SWTOR
« on: 30 Jul 2010, 10:09 »

I figure there's at least some overlap between EVE players and gamers with interest in SWTOR, if for no other reason than that we don't have enough SF-themed MMORPGs.

Anyone else here watching this? I saw Nar Shaddaa was announced today, which made me giddier than probably is healthy.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: SWTOR
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2010, 11:41 »

Yep.  I know a couple ReAw pilots I talked to said they will check it out with me.  Though I couldnt imagine staying long with it, but its certainly worth a look.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2010, 15:11 »

Can't wait to get into a circle with other Sith emoting something that throws out lightning and exclaim:'UNLIMITED POWER!'

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2010, 15:18 »

Don't forget to set /mood evil and /glare at everyone else in the cantina whilst dressed in black hooded robes.

Oh, wait, that's my SWG experience biting me in the ass again.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2010, 15:33 »

Dunno if I have the ambition to pursue this game. I think its gonna have to stand out gameplay wise for me to take the plunge. It won't be purchased on setting alone, i'll say that much.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2010, 16:14 »

My prediction: It will be really awesome with a solid storyline.

Once.

Then people won't play it much anymore.

I suggest BioWare is in over their heads.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2010, 16:29 »

I believe that you could play it thru at least 8 times, once per class, as they each have their own storylines in addition to whatever else they put into it.

The game won't turn into a lifestyle choice like EVE has, at least not for me, but a group of us at work will probably have a "Wednesday night group" or something to run dungeons or whatever together. And I have enough friends from SWG intending to play that I'll at least explore their server, assuming they don't single-shard it (which I don't expect).

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jul 2010, 20:41 »

I can't see SWTOR becoming as big in my life as EVE is, for two simple reasons:

1, I don't have the cash for a permanent MMO subscription. I don't make huge light of it, but I'm mostly playing EVE on ISK-bought PLEXs, and only occasionally tapping my RL money for subscription fees.

2, RL time allotment. I'm hugely in love with EVE's strategic/competative nature, as well as the tactical knowledge required to win PvP engagements. I just can't fall that much in love with an MMO that doesn't feature such, although SWTOR's addition of dynamically changing "classes" is a step in the right direction.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 01 Aug 2010, 13:35 »

It looks like crap.

/non-constructive comment of day.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #9 on: 03 Aug 2010, 12:54 »

Want KOTOR 3 tbqfh.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #10 on: 04 Aug 2010, 18:00 »

Want KOTOR 3 tbqfh.

Agreed.

I heard one of the devs say in an interview that this game is KOTOR 3 through wherever they end up after expansions, but as much as I want to play it I'm not expecting much. I will definitely go through it once as a bounty hunter and maybe as a sith, but unless there's some good RP to be had I doubt Ill stay with it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon