Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Dam-Torsad is the Amarr Imperial City and capital? Read the chron!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [News] Heth Turns Terrorist Arc  (Read 8502 times)

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
Re: [News] Heth Turns Terrorist Arc
« Reply #60 on: 20 Jun 2013, 05:37 »

Unless, of course, the site would have a beacon visible on the overview (such as the current scenery sites, or like the Republic Fleet cyno in Colelie).

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #61 on: 20 Jun 2013, 06:49 »

Not sure if there's GM tools for that, but personally, having on-demand deadspace scenery to use would be great. Or even some of the fluff sites there are on some system - right now most of them are ruins, but there could be some that were "active, living" sites and stations for baseliners in addition to the COSMOS and similar sites.

If they had tools like this working and stable, I expect that they would've been using them already.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #62 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:53 »

Actually, I do think there are some limited tools on spawning things like LCOs, but building complete sites is hard. Essentially to really work that'd need a tool that would allow you to place ready-made templates of things and then wipe them afterwards (assuming they all weren't blow up anyway).

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #63 on: 22 Jun 2013, 10:54 »

At some point someone has to crash a ship onto Gallente Prime.
Just gimme cyno, Gimme Cyno, GIMME CYNO !!  :P

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #64 on: 23 Jun 2013, 10:32 »

At some point, DUST needs to implement the Adama maneuver.

"Just fit for cap recharge, jump to the beacon, launch fighters, and jump out.  If you pancake, I swear to God I will scoop you up and eat you with goddamn syrup and bacon!"

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #65 on: 23 Jun 2013, 14:39 »

At some point, DUST needs to implement the Adama maneuver.

"Just fit for cap recharge, jump to the beacon, launch fighters, and jump out.  If you pancake, I swear to God I will scoop you up and eat you with goddamn syrup and bacon!"

Do this to a planet under invasion by Sansha, and the cycle shall be complete.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #66 on: 10 Jul 2013, 00:26 »

I'm jsut headed to bed, but latest news item seems to put the last nails in for the CPD: http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/cep-dissolves-state-executor-position-provists/

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #67 on: 10 Jul 2013, 02:12 »

I'm jsut headed to bed, but latest news item seems to put the last nails in for the CPD: http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/cep-dissolves-state-executor-position-provists/
Translation of the news piece:
"You got it wrong, Tony G. All wrong."

Especially the part where the CEP goes into detail in describing how having an Executor Role is highly "non-Caldari" and "... was a mistake that should have never been made."
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Horatius Caul

• Words words words
  • Omelette
« Reply #68 on: 10 Jul 2013, 03:44 »

Especially the part where the CEP goes into detail in describing how having an Executor Role is highly "non-Caldari" and "... was a mistake that should have never been made."
Yep, definitely CCP speaking there, not the CEP.

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #69 on: 10 Jul 2013, 04:34 »

You know, much fun as it can be to give CCP a hard time over something you think they did poorly, it's really amazing how well they actually listen to the playerbase.  I can't think of any other MMO that actually considers player feedback when doing things like moving the story forward, or adopting a stance on microtransactions.  Guess that's why EVE is the only MMO to grow every year since release.   8)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #70 on: 10 Jul 2013, 06:23 »

A stance on microtransactions ?

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #71 on: 10 Jul 2013, 07:45 »

I read that and thought, not sure if its "non-caldari", but given that caldari DO what is neccesary not what is "correct", then it was perfectly acceptable to see a single human having full control of the state at a moment of need.

Therefore, i took the statement as something said by someone negatively affected by the whole Directorate issue.

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #72 on: 10 Jul 2013, 08:30 »

Monaclegate.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #73 on: 10 Jul 2013, 08:57 »

Monaclegate.

See, I read Lyn's response as a wisecrack about how monoclegate was caused by CCP not understanding the 'micro' part of microtransactions... ;)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Desiderya

« Reply #74 on: 10 Jul 2013, 09:51 »

Hence him talking about "having or adopting a stance" based on feedback. But aren't we in a thread about the Heth arc here?

I'm wondering where he'll turn up, if at all. Just imagine some new "outlaw" subfactions for each empire, the classical pirate ones based on, well, business, the others on ideology. :o
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6