Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Crystal Boulevard' of Caille is both a high end shopping center and a vast shield of manufactured diamond for bunkers underneath?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Looking for Group: Fanfest 2011  (Read 7089 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Looking for Group: Fanfest 2011
« on: 03 Aug 2010, 16:19 »

So I'm gonna be trying to get to fanfest this year, and by trying, I mean it will happen so help me gods.
However, I have never been out of the country before, and the only plane I've ever been on was a single engine Cessna. The prospect of traveling to Iceland on my own has me scared shitless for a multitude of reasons. To combat this fear, I'm looking for a few people who are also going that I can tag along with so I don't have to make the trip alone.

I'll probably be leaving from either JFK or Logan, probably Logan cause there is the rather distinct probability of me living in Boston.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Looking for Group: Fanfest 2011
« Reply #1 on: 03 Aug 2010, 16:34 »

While I have no concrete plans at the moment, I intend to go to FF '11. As we get closer to the dates and have packages available, coordination this sort of thing will probably become easier.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 03 Aug 2010, 17:13 »

yes, but I had it bashed into my head by my OCD mother that the further ahead you plan something the better off you'll be

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #3 on: 04 Aug 2010, 13:58 »

Back in the day, when I was likely to want to head over to Iceland for Fanfest, I always found that they announced the dates far too late in the year for me to make the arrangements. I am one of those people that have to arrange cover if I take time off, and that always needs a reasonable amount of advanced notice. One year, I took a guess, based on the previous events, and speculatively booked a week off. Fanfest, when it was announced, was in a completely different month.  :roll:
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2010, 15:33 »

I have a rule of thumb not to book before two weeks in advance and I won't pack until about an hour before I leave.

Otherwise I will turn myself into a nervous wreck.

About a backpacks worth is enough for a weeks trip (the kind you can take as hand luggage.)

Dress for the weather, wear layers, always have your feet warm.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 04 Aug 2010, 16:18 »

Once the fanfest dates come up, i'll like to go, think i got enough saved to not bleed myself to death.

I need to see where do the flight connections take place and at what times, as probably will have to do Santiago -> Miami -> New York -> Reikjavik a day or two in advance.

I've been out of the country quite a bit and know how to deal with airports and customs in general. If my route works for you then we can try to pair up.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 04 Aug 2010, 18:02 »

Back in the day, when I was likely to want to head over to Iceland for Fanfest, I always found that they announced the dates far too late in the year for me to make the arrangements. I am one of those people that have to arrange cover if I take time off, and that always needs a reasonable amount of advanced notice. One year, I took a guess, based on the previous events, and speculatively booked a week off. Fanfest, when it was announced, was in a completely different month.  :roll:

Pretty sure they already announced it, its March 23 through March 26th, I know because march 26th is my 21 birthday and I remember going "fuck yeah, first time being able to drink legally and I get to do it in Iceland with a bunch of eve people!"

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 04 Aug 2010, 18:19 »

I believe that's correct. But they don't have the packages and such available.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 05 Aug 2010, 09:30 »

Pretty sure they already announced it, its March 23 through March 26th, I know because march 26th is my 21 birthday and I remember going "fuck yeah, first time being able to drink legally and I get to do it in Iceland with a bunch of eve people!"

:lol: :lol: I suddenly got this image of me dragging a very wasted nikita back to her room and let her sleep the hangover.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 05 Aug 2010, 10:02 »

* Casiella had another image but nvm

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #10 on: 05 Aug 2010, 12:12 »

Yeah, they seem to announce things a bit earlier now. Probably because people like me whinged. :P

Oh, and the legal drinking age in Iceland is likely to be lower than in the US, so even if it was before your birthday, you would probably have been fine. ^^
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 05 Aug 2010, 14:29 »

legal drinking age in Iceland was 21 last I checked.

Kelsy Talan

• Clonejack
« Reply #12 on: 05 Aug 2010, 14:39 »

legal drinking age in Iceland was 21 last I checked.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUU-

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 05 Aug 2010, 15:48 »

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #14 on: 05 Aug 2010, 17:30 »

heh if i can afford it i am planning on making it as well so if possible im game for grouping up. it would be a good way to wait out any layovers and whatnot.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon
Pages: [1] 2 3 4