Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That being a cruel slaver is actually a fitting description for Angel Cartel members as well?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: So, that timer on EVE-O...  (Read 3716 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: So, that timer on EVE-O...
« Reply #30 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:20 »

Snapshot of all active accounts on March 1st, highest skilled character of each account is used. Is unveiled the day before fanfest '14 starts and is being donated to the city of Reykjavik as a thank you for their continued support.

Actually very cool. I might have to resub to get Kala's name on there :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:22 »

I'm trying to figure out if Brock will overtake Cuci in SP by then...I think he will with his implants. I was planning to move him to a different account at some point, though. Anyway, much cool to be had all around.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #32 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:26 »

CCP: Op Success.

Wonder how many others are considering this.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #33 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:27 »

Well, I guess that's cool.

Admittedly, a Source announcement would've been meh (we've already figured that out). More substantive info on Valkyrie would've been pretty nifty. It's also rather early for summer expansion information, as well, so. vOv

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:37 »

CCP: Op Success.

Wonder how many others are considering this.

You'd think the cost of building this thing will far outweigh anything they'll make from one-month resubs.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #35 on: 05 Feb 2014, 11:14 »

One-month resubs? Sure! But if a hundred vets come back and go, "Oh, hey, this game is better than when I left it..."

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: 05 Feb 2014, 11:22 »

One-month resubs? Sure! But if a hundred vets come back and go, "Oh, hey, this game is better than when I left it..."

Then I would support the plan, whether that was any of their motivation or not. If you can trick people I like into being back in-game, I will bake you cookies. Nice chewy ones, not Brock hard cookies.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 05 Feb 2014, 11:44 »

I'm reminded of all the different organizations that have asked me for money over the years to get my name on a brick or a plaque or etched in stone on a building.

Shameless marketing subscription drive.

I wonder if they will actually engrave all of the 'interesting' names like P3N1S M4STER_006  and similar we get to see in local sometimes.

Glad you all are excited but I'm just not feeling it.  I want all that money spent on devs and artists and programmers and writers and hiring back all the people they laid off.

« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2014, 11:48 by Silas Vitalia »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #38 on: 08 Feb 2014, 18:31 »

I've just had a minor revelation about this monument thingy: EVE already has a monument, and in many ways it's considerably better than the one CCP is planning.

Not sure how many out there are aware, but the Musem of Modern Art in New York City has a display about EVE (alongside several other 'notable' video games such as Dwarf Fortress and Myst). For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a wall-mounted display with a cluster map (the same one we see in the ingame map viewer), some screens displaying footage of some visually better fights, and a few text info panels.

And, IMO, it works far better as a monument to EVE as a game then some wierd abstract art-thingy with a bunch of names on it (if CCP's monument had a rifter 'in flight' over a list of names, I might be somewhat more sympathetic. Only somewhat, though). The museum exhibit makes it clear that we were included because we built something cool with our own efforts.

The only thing I can really say I approve of in CCP's exhibit is the ability to include the names of players who have passed away.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #39 on: 09 Feb 2014, 03:51 »

Why players who have passed away ? I am totally sympathetic to their case but how does that makes them more important than the living ? How does that make their family happier in any case ?

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #40 on: 09 Feb 2014, 04:43 »

Why players who have passed away ? I am totally sympathetic to their case but how does that makes them more important than the living ? How does that make their family happier in any case ?

From a purely pragmatic point of view, those who have passed (may they rest in peace) have little need of identifying elements such as names being obscured (though I assume permission of the relatives or media exposure prior to engraving would be required so as to be respectful). 

A living player may, should they desire it, create an account with their name as the highest Sp character before March 1st if they wish their real name to be edified.  Our deceased fellow players do not have that power.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #41 on: 09 Feb 2014, 07:17 »

Good point.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #42 on: 09 Feb 2014, 09:19 »

Ironically, players who have passed way will not have active accounts and thus not be on the monument.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #43 on: 09 Feb 2014, 09:26 »

Ironically, players who have passed way will not have active accounts and thus not be on the monument.

This being the entire point.

CCP are allowing people to request the addition of the names of those who have passed away, as they can (rather obviously) not do it themselves.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 09 Feb 2014, 09:30 »

Ah, I missed that bit about requesting names of the passed. Herpy derp.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4