Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: So, that timer on EVE-O...  (Read 3718 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: So, that timer on EVE-O...
« Reply #15 on: 05 Feb 2014, 00:46 »

I'm thinking it'll be Dust related.

Nooooooooooooo.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #16 on: 05 Feb 2014, 05:35 »

Seems to be a lot of speculation about it being the fabled high-res texture pack.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #17 on: 05 Feb 2014, 06:00 »

As it is situated on the community page, I think that it is one or more of the following:

• EVE: Source or a similar item entering pre-order status
  • EVE: Valkyrie update, potential announcement of alpha/beta testing dates
  • EVE Anniversary announcement, with NEX goodie or potential 'collector's card' reward of some description

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 05 Feb 2014, 08:59 »

As it is situated on the community page, I think that it is one or more of the following:

• EVE: Source or a similar item entering pre-order status

Already in a price-guaranteed pre-order status on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/EVE-Source-CCP-Games/dp/1616552719/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1390579343&sr=1-7&keywords=eve+online

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #19 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:02 »

Its some sort of monument. More pending my page loading.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:06 »

I haven't been able to even access community.eveonline.com today. Keep getting "Service Unavailable".

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:07 »

Its some sort of monument. More pending my page loading.

seriously?  :roll:  :psyccp:

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #22 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:09 »

I have it on good authority that the stone it is crafted from is our condensed disappointment, and the names were etched using the reactionary tears generated as a half million boners were abruptly and violently quelled. 

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:10 »

Yes, it is......

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #24 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:10 »

They mentioned it at last Fanfest about the monument, kinda cool. Hopefully it'll be up before FF14 so I can take a peek when I'm over :3

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:12 »

It says all active "main" characters will be on it. How exactly will the decide who is a "main" character?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #26 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:12 »

about the monument

The monument is an a outdoor sculpture by the artist Sigurður Guðmundsson with help and input from EVE Online‘s own art directors Börkur Eiríksson and Ásgeir Jón Ásgeirsson. It will stand at over five meters tall and will consist of two main elements facing each other through a highly polished stainless steel surface in the middle that reflects and mirrors the elements and the landscape. On the left side of the model stands a dark aluminum structure with a quote from the EVE Universe and on the right a dark granite facial figure representing the players behind the game.

The monument will stand atop a half meter tall metal-plated concrete platform that will have the names of all the “main characters” of all active EVE Online players etched upon it. This list of active, paying players will be captured on March 1st, 2014—no exceptions. In addition, CCP will be honoring EVE Online players who have passed away by adding their names to the monument, as described in the following section.

Under the monument a buried laptop will serve as a time capsule with videos, messages, wishes and more from the players and the development staff. A web-based application will assist in finding specific names on the monument‘s surface. More on the time capsule will be announced at www.eve.com/monument

The monument will be unveiled on Wednesday April 30th, a day before Fanfest 2014, the annual gathering celebrating the EVE Universe held at Harpa Concert and Convention Center in downtown Reykjavik. At the event, thousands of EVE Online, DUST 514 and EVE: Valkyrie players will witness the dedication in a special ceremony that will include CCP staff, city officials, friends, and family.

In 2013, EVE Online was honored by the Museum of Modern Art in New York in the “Applied Design“ exhibition of the Museum‘s Philip Johnson Galleries and formally inducted into the permanent collection in the inaugural group of video games alongside thirteen others such as Tetris, Pac-Man, and The Sims.

Another effort to celebrate EVE Online players, Skyward Sphere, was launched multiple times in 2012 and brought EVE players to the edge of space first through an ascending escape pod and then, more successfully, inside a Minmatar Rifter as players watched via livestream -- SkywardSphere

This newly confirmed monument extends the efforts CCP has at creating a truly unique universe, in this case through a landmark that bridges the gap between the real world and the virtual.

- CCP Salmon - Ívar Kristjánsson - Co-founder of CCP and VP of Customer Relations
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #27 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:13 »

They mentioned it at last Fanfest about the monument, kinda cool. Hopefully it'll be up before FF14 so I can take a peek when I'm over :3

Dis.

Veto alumni blob group picture at the monument! \o/
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #28 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:14 »

It says all active "main" characters will be on it. How exactly will the decide who is a "main" character?

Most likely the character with the most SP. Logic says that the one you sink most training time into is going to be your 'main'.

Deadie, Nicole and Nikita are about to get put onto a monument \o/

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 05 Feb 2014, 09:15 »

Okay, I take back my annoyance. After reading the four pages on the site they put up, this is pretty cool. As long as we get Source this year as well, I'm happy.

Most likely the character with the most SP. Logic says that the one you sink most training time into is going to be your 'main'.

Deadie, Nicole and Nikita are about to get put onto a monument \o/

I'm tempted to reactivate all of my accounts just for that month, so I can get Kucial Kinan, Cuci Cairi, Jace Sarice, and Brock on there.
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2014, 09:16 by Jace/Brock »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4