Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Both Black Ops and Titans create artificial wormholes with their respective jump portal generators?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Odyssey 1.1] Heavy Assault Cruisers  (Read 6110 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Dev Post: [Odyssey 1.1] Heavy Assault Cruisers
« Reply #45 on: 27 Jul 2013, 06:52 »

I am not sure to see your point. The bane of solo pvp is a fleet trying to gank you - or more commonly called, blobs - but that's part of the game, there is not much that a solo pvper can do about that except trying to gtfo or die bravely with a few of them. It just happens to have grown bigger and bigger with time though. Blobs everywhere and all that.

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #46 on: 29 Jul 2013, 09:14 »

The latest update on this.

I'll not quote it, because you're lazy if you can't be bothered to follow the link.

I especially like the Cerebrus (Caldari master race).

Edit: also Vagabond  :eek:
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2013, 09:23 by Anja Suorsa »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #47 on: 29 Jul 2013, 10:26 »

The tears over the Vagabond's shield boost bonus make me laugh really really really hard.

"Guize we rolled the old bonus into the base stats and added a new bonus that is optional and doesn't force a fitting-meta change" ---> "OMG QQ Y U ASB ALL THE THINGS WHY CCP WHY"

:lol:

Seriously though - I haven't flown a Vagabond in forever in PVP, but beyond soloing I can't really think of a good scenario for the LASB Vagabond. In fleets I'd definitely still prefer the current dual LSE standard.

Happy with the other changes in general. I like the 50% MWD sig bloom role bonus, and I also like the other changes that were rolled in for sensor strength, lock range and cap recharge.

As for specific ships...

Sacrilege: Sad to see the Sac lose its cap regen bonus (because that was always hilarious with active-rep Sacs), but the range bonus is a good trade imo, especially with the addition of HMLs to the other missile bonus it has.
Zealot: This ship was already in pretty good shape balance-wise, so I'm cool with the lack of change here.

Cerberus: I like the addition of another launcher slot, though that utility high that's being used to replace it is pretty useful (we don't talk about Tristans and Cerbs, k). I'm not entirely sold on keeping the kinetic damage bonus, though.
Eagle: I've never actually flown an Eagle, but increased fitting, plus the changes to medium railguns, make this sound like it might be fun to try out sometime.

Deimos: I can't really express how glad I am to see the Deimos keeping its MWD cap penalty reduction bonus (the Thorax losing it as part of the first round of Tiericide made me very sad), though I will miss that utility highslot a bunch. On the other hand, the added midslot will mean that you can have dualprop and both a scram and a web on it if you go blasters, and this makes me very happy, because it was one of the annoying limitations of going dualprop with the Deimos.
Ishtar: Very happy with the changes here. The changed bonuses solidly put it into the droneboat category it belongs in as a Creodron ship, and make it an appetizing alternative to the Navy Vexor. Rolling the drone bay bonus into the base stats was also a very good idea; it was one bonus that always annoyed me with both the Ishkur and Ishtar. And of course, the increase to fitting, especially the CPU, has been needed since the dark ages of EVE. Just go look on omgrawr for further details. ;)

Vagabond: See above. I think the new shield boost bonus makes the Vagabond a much more attractive ship for soloing/small-gang while also not reducing the effectiveness of the current standard Vagabond fit in fleet use.
Muninn: I've never flown a Muninn, so I can't really say much here to these changes.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #48 on: 29 Jul 2013, 10:48 »

We wanted to get rid of the cap recharge bonus, as it is both kind of dated and strange, and also doesn't do much for a ship that doesn't even use cap for its main weapon system

Nevermind the fact it made the rest of the ships fittings, complete with perma runnable MWD+tackle w/ armor rep shenanigans quite feasible without cap injection.

I'm actually kinda annoyed at that. Forget being able to run across the field without worry of capping yourself out now.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Lyn Farel

« Reply #49 on: 29 Jul 2013, 12:28 »

That's what they call a change ? A few fixes here and there ?  :roll:

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #50 on: 31 Jul 2013, 12:44 »

Have been on holiday with no internet, will update OP as soon as I can be bothered.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #51 on: 31 Jul 2013, 13:14 »

OP Updated.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #52 on: 07 Aug 2013, 06:34 »

Deimos changes

Quote from: CCP Rise
Alright guys, updated the OP with the Deimos changes.

Removed cap use for MWD bonus
Added Armor Repair amount bonus
Gave back a lot of base hp for armor and structure
Removed small amount of base shield hp
Improved base cap recharge to compensate some for MWD cap use bonus loss

The MWD cap use bonus earned the Deimos 4.5 cap per second, the new Deimos has a base cap recharge that is now 2.1 cap per second stronger than the old Deimos. Obviously this means the recharge is worse when MWDing than before, but the new recharge is useful when not MWDing as well. By adding armor and structure hp along with the new rep bonus, there should be plenty of support for Armor brawlers at all scales as well as the new options for shields afforded by the extra mid and rail buff.

Thanks guys - looking forward to 1.1!

OP updated with new stats.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]