Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to regulate shipping and security in their original territories, among other things? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: EVE  (Read 5002 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: EVE
« Reply #45 on: 12 May 2013, 10:29 »

The artist appears to go by the name "Kim.h.h." Unfortunately, this was just about all I could find about the guy - only 3 pieces of artwork, all EVE-related, and all on... uh, well, Kala described them as "slightly dodgy anime websites" and I don't think that begins to cover it.

That said... dat Revelation.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

There's also a guy who goes by the name "Huanxiaogu" who does some similarly good stuff.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2013, 11:25 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #46 on: 12 May 2013, 10:47 »

That said... dat Revelation.

Link does not allow redirects :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 12 May 2013, 11:05 »

Works fine for me? What browser are you using?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #48 on: 12 May 2013, 11:06 »

Chrome. Upon clicking I receive:

Access Denied
The owner of this website (cs.sankakucomplex.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/data/f3/e6/f3e69202f1742e58717e2be4d32182c1.jpg). (Ref. 1011)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 12 May 2013, 11:26 »

Wierd, I do as well. vOv

Switched to a spoilered picture.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 12 May 2013, 11:31 »

That didn't work either xD Save image and upload it to imgur or photobucket or something? (The curiosity has me now)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #51 on: 13 May 2013, 04:51 »

That didn't work either xD Save image and upload it to imgur or photobucket or something? (The curiosity has me now)

Same Do eeeet. As a matter of fact, if the guy only has a few of these, provide all of them.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #52 on: 20 May 2013, 09:16 »

Same Do eeeet. As a matter of fact, if the guy only has a few of these, provide all of them.

Curiosity Reigns.

[spoiler]http://eve-search.com/thread/1264459-0/page/1

[/spoiler]

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #53 on: 20 May 2013, 10:08 »

Some of those pics have a curious tone to them.

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #54 on: 20 May 2013, 16:08 »

That Thorax is disturbingly cute...  :eek:

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #55 on: 21 May 2013, 01:05 »

At the Naglfar I was "Noice !"
At the Thorax I was "wut"
At the Avatar I was "I swear your Honor, I had no idea what this link was about."
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #56 on: 21 May 2013, 02:19 »

The problem with these True Stories seems to be that they are all infinitely boring except for the people that actually took part in any of the events involved.

Making a series around that... bad call.

If you have a handful of people sporting e-boners because they get their own episodes and they watch them, it does not a successful sci-fi series make.

EVE has never been entertaining to anyone who is not taking part in the events that are happening, mainly because taking part in Stuff in EVE is pretty easy and having personal goals and objectives as well. Because of the size of EVE, there is always people that do not share your goals and objectives, therefore not giving a rats ass about what has happened to you and yours.

Thinking that EVE community is somehow homogenic and singular has always been CCPs achilles heel in the past.

CCP has been pretty much been selling the Perfect Spaghetti Sauce and they have pretty much failed at it.

Thankfully the sandbox nature of the game has allowed people to make their own Sauce and be happy with it.

Too bad that CCP can't make extra chunky.

(If you do not understand the spaghetti reference: Here is a link to a TEDtalk.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #57 on: 21 May 2013, 08:08 »

EVE has never been entertaining to anyone who is not taking part in the events that are happening,
Oh how wrong you are.

I spent years reading pirate blogs, kugutsumen, scrapheap challenge, chatsubo, and EVEO before getting the hardware necessary to actually play EVE. EVE is very, very much a spectator sport, if you will. The intrigues, the conflicts, the player-made narratives — all these make for one hell of an exciting viewing experience.

TBH, I think they should make a full miniseries ala GoT about the foreverwar between Goons/BOB(+PL,AAA,RA,TCF,NC, etc)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #58 on: 21 May 2013, 08:19 »

EVE has never been entertaining to anyone who is not taking part in the events that are happening,
Oh how wrong you are.

I spent years reading pirate blogs, kugutsumen, scrapheap challenge, chatsubo, and EVEO before getting the hardware necessary to actually play EVE. EVE is very, very much a spectator sport, if you will. The intrigues, the conflicts, the player-made narratives — all these make for one hell of an exciting viewing experience.

TBH, I think they should make a full miniseries ala GoT about the foreverwar between Goons/BOB(+PL,AAA,RA,TCF,NC, etc)

* kalaratiri raises hand

Unsubbed, watch eve avidly, remain entertained. Eternally grateful to Miriam Sasko, Kovorix, Logan Durandal and Jaster Arcturus, as well as all the other guys and girls in Matari Exodus for the best Eve vids. They keep my pvp itch scratched  :yar:

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #59 on: 22 May 2013, 07:20 »

Actually I would love for CCP to hire Finns to pose as Caldari.

Nobody can really mangle English like a Finn does.

A good contemporary example is the red haired chick in Hansel and Gretel.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]