Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Placid Reborn is a corporation dedicated to the self-determination and prosperity of the Intaki home system and its immediate surroundings? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Eve: Odyssey - June 4th  (Read 4159 times)

Anslol

Re: Eve: Odyssey - June 4th
« Reply #15 on: 25 Mar 2013, 06:43 »

If they nerf highsec, I might be done  :s

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:22 »

New UI updates - hooray

New Scanning - 3rd time's the charm?

Exploration - don't care

They are still avoiding the big issues and gameplay problems.  There needs to be a top to bottom revamp of why people go to dangerous places, why they would -want- or -need- to go to dangerious places, why they fight over them, and how they fight over them.

You should never be able to make as much isk doing something with no risk as you are doing something risky.

Anslol

« Reply #17 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:28 »

The minute they nerf high sec income and try to force people to play in low/nul, people aren't going to whine or complain on the forums.

They're just going to hit cancel subscription.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:36 »

Urging people to get out of highsec to take advantage of increased opportunity for income has been a stated design goal of CCP for a long time; they are just still trying to figure out how to coax gently without causing people to freak out.

I think lowering incomes in highsec is a great idea, I think lowering industrial and manufacturing capabilities in high is another.  Restrictions on where you can manufacture certain types of things is another great idea, or on PI, etc.

People should still be able to carebear to their heart's content all the livelong day, but the rewards for that activity need to be looked into vs more risky behaviors.

Anslol

« Reply #19 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:41 »

If they make low/nul more attractive without messing with high sec then great, I'd love to see something like that. I.E. belt mining and comet mining is only viable in low or something. PF reason could be CONCORD saying lolno to capsuleers manipulating giant death rocks so close to planets.

But as soon as they say they're going to lower L4 rewards or nerf high sec industry, people will unsubscribe. If it was as easy as implementing those ideas, CCP would have done them by now. But they know where their bread and butter is coming from. Whether high sec is more low/nul alt or main the point still stands; if people can't make easy money in high sec anymore, they won't just go to nul, they'll get rid of their high sec alts or unsubscribe completely.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:46 »

People should not be able to make easy money in high sec.

Risk vs Reward is skewed incorrectly in this game.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #21 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:50 »

I made much, much more money, more safely, in highsec than I ever did in lowsec.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Anslol

« Reply #22 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:50 »

They shouldn't, but they are. And they like it.

They give CCP money to do this. If they can't do this, they stop giving CCP money. They don't pay to go to nul and get hunted by blocs or pirates and be forced into a game style they don't like. They play to have fun. Some people find trading, indy, and missioning in high sec fun.

If they can't have fun anymore, they leave.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 25 Mar 2013, 08:55 »

They shouldn't, but they are. And they like it.

They give CCP money to do this. If they can't do this, they stop giving CCP money. They don't pay to go to nul and get hunted by blocs or pirates and be forced into a game style they don't like. They play to have fun. Some people find trading, indy, and missioning in high sec fun.

If they can't have fun anymore, they leave.

They can do all of those things; have exciting missions, dynamic new exploration content, new story mission arcs, manufacture, do whatever they want, but the little numbers they get for doing so need to be cut in half.  If you are doing the missions because you like the gameplay, then the money shouldn't be the concern. 

People earning huge amounts of money spamming level 4s safely in highsec cheapens the gameplay for people risking assets for the same mission gameplay in risky areas. 

The 'nerf' is only in the ISK genrated, not the gameplay. 

Huge income generators with no risk need to be removed from this game.  I feel the same way about static moon goo gold fountains as well, it's not just a highsec thing.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 25 Mar 2013, 09:04 »

I need to clarify that money is only a means to an end in this game.  What is used for and why it is needed is the important part.

The reason you should be getting more money for difficult things is the same reason it's this way in real life (most of the time).

The easy things everyone can do are not rewarded at the same level as the difficult things a few people can do. The person bagging your groceries doesn't make the same salary as the one doing brain surgery.

If it takes 0 effort to do something in this game it should be severely nerfed.  No one needs to make that big cash money running high sec missions, because that money distorts the market for people buying things for other risky activities. 

I need to make more cash money in low than you do in high to buy things that can stand up to the gameplay in lowsec.

People in null need to make more money still to build bigger things that can stand up to the gameplay in null.

Anslol

« Reply #25 on: 25 Mar 2013, 09:18 »

People in nul need more money?

Hah?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 25 Mar 2013, 09:23 »

Hah?

In my pie in the sky idealized and balanced system, absolutely. 

It should be the hardest thing in the game to make money and stay alive in null sec.  It should generate the most income due to extreme risk of time, effort, and resources.

It should be the easiest thing in the world to stay alive and do things in high sec.  It should generate the least income due to the extreme lack of risk and resources.

Obviously this is not the case.

The current system is horribly broken.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 25 Mar 2013, 09:32 »

Believe me Anslol I have more issues with low/null/sov and related gameplay than I do with highsec

Anslol

« Reply #28 on: 25 Mar 2013, 09:35 »

I know and I'm sorry if I came off as snippy, but I have been hearing for months, if not years now, bellowing and venomous rhetoric to nerf high sec simply to ensure a 'culling' takes place to remove carebears.

Hell it's the reason I left low/nul years ago and carebear now.

The PvP community went from being fun and taking on challenges and fleets that are bigger than them, enjoying 'gudfights,' and then telling those stories again to get people ACTUALLY interested and give em a REASON to come out, to being ONLY about collecting tears, shitting on non-pvp'ers/highsec residents, and wanting to force them out to nul/low. Not give em a reason, just FORCE them.

No bueno.

So anytime I see someone calling for it, I just roll my eyes. But you're clearly a different case, as you see the disparities in both nul/low and high, and I thank you for that.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #29 on: 25 Mar 2013, 09:36 »

Hah?

Can't really speak for null, specifically, but it is my experience is that it is easier for ALLIANCES to make money in Null and low, harder for individuals within those alliances.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4