Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "gods and spirits" is a popular Achura and Minmatar expression of disbelief?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hilmar email leak  (Read 6570 times)

Kaleigh Doyle

Re: Hilmar email leak
« Reply #15 on: 24 Jun 2011, 22:19 »

People don't compliment when they're happy, but they complain when they aren't happy.

Speak for yourself.

Actually, I did. :)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jun 2011, 22:23 »

No, you said "people don't". Lots of people -- including lots of us here -- do speak up when we're happy. :)

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #17 on: 24 Jun 2011, 22:28 »

No, you said "people don't". Lots of people -- including lots of us here -- do speak up when we're happy. :)

That's a bit of a surprise. I rarely see that, but I'll take your word for it. Clearly it was a generalization. If it doesn't Apply to you, you need not take it personal.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 24 Jun 2011, 22:32 »

I guess I should generalize then: what about the growth from word-of-mouth advertising that EVE has received? Doesn't that count?

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #19 on: 24 Jun 2011, 22:51 »

I guess I should generalize then: what about the growth from word-of-mouth advertising that EVE has received? Doesn't that count?
Yes, absolutely.  :o

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 24 Jun 2011, 23:00 »

That does look like a total fake, though.

If it isn't... I'm way beyond done, but I doubt it is.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #21 on: 24 Jun 2011, 23:02 »

Apparently, Navigator nuked one of the threads on EVE-O saying something to the effect of "internal communications may not be posted on the forums", so...

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jun 2011, 23:03 »

If CCP disclaims it, I might believe them. But their credibility is so shot right now, that's not even a given.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots

Acerba

• Clonejack
« Reply #25 on: 24 Jun 2011, 23:45 »

I finally start to get into EVE and all this happens.
You can conceal sadism in technical language or flowery words, but its still just as fun to watch. Especially if tentacles are part of it.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 24 Jun 2011, 23:48 »

3 of my 5 accounts pulled.  Couple weeks before they go offline.  If between now and then CCP come out and address the issue of $$ for non-vanity items and indicate they will never go that way, I'll resub.  Otherwise, I'll be down to 2 accounts, and unsubbing the second shortly (it's a new account still running off the 30 days free trial thingy for now).

That email is too much.

EDIT:  Ombey (of Ombey 2d Maps) just unsubbed. 

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:09 »

Miz, I suggest you listen to the recording of DJ FunkyBacon's show a few hours ago on Eve Radio. He had a very level-headed discussion with past and present CSM members and some other people, and it brought up the issues without reeking of whine and troll.

Of course, hissyfits and trolls are making things worse, but there are real issues at stake here.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:30 »

I was more shocked by reading this http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/CCP-Games-Reviews-E159347.htm than Hillmar's actual e-mail.

Hillmar's response was simply a confirmation for the management style hinted at above. I'm fine with management thinking they know better than their competitors, I'm ok with management thinking they know better than their customers, I'm not ok with management thinking they don't need to listen to their customers.

What was that research again? Satisfied customers tell 3 of their friends on average of their good experience, poorly treated/insulted customers tend to tell 20 of their friends on average.

Vikarion

« Reply #29 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:34 »

I was more shocked by reading this http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/CCP-Games-Reviews-E159347.htm than Hillmar's actual e-mail.

Hillmar's response was simply a confirmation for the management style hinted at above. I'm fine with management thinking they know better than their competitors, I'm ok with management thinking they know better than their customers, I'm not ok with management thinking they don't need to listen to their customers.

What was that research again? Satisfied customers tell 3 of their friends on average of their good experience, poorly treated/insulted customers tend to tell 20 of their friends on average.

You can bet that I'll be trying to get existing customers to quit, and I'll be warning anyone else off of all of CCP's products. I'm vindictive that way.  :twisted:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4