Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The founder of Zainou Biotech, Todo Kirkinen, was the first person to have his mind transfered into a machine? Ishukone owns a majority stake of Zainou.

Author Topic: Computer AI Supposedly Passes "Turing" Test  (Read 822 times)

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
Re: Computer AI Supposedly Passes "Turing" Test
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2014, 10:29 »

A member of the guild I belong to in GW2 showed me this a couple of days back. My response to him was, "Today, small potato AI. Tomorrow, Skynet."  :P

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2014, 11:14 »

Thanks Silas.  I was a bit dubious hence the "supposedly" :)  Very informative analysis you linked.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2014, 13:47 »

Sorry to burst your AI bubble...

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140609/07284327524/no-computer-did-not-pass-turing-test-first-time-everyone-should-know-better.shtml

I was waiting for something like this. First time I read about it, I saw the word "chatbot" and wrote it off. It is, however, hilarious to see the number of websites claiming that this is impressive.

... perhaps this is the influence of the internet. After reading the verbal diarrhea in the average comment section, our expectations of people have dropped so far that a chatbot is convincingly human.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2014, 05:24 »

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140609/07284327524/no-computer-did-not-pass-turing-test-first-time-everyone-should-know-better.shtml

Thank God for that, because I - for one - did not want to spend the grimdark days of the near future scratching out an apocalyptic existence amongst the ruins of humanity while fighting off the killer-bots of a networked computer overlord who calls itself 'Eugene Goostman'.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2014, 08:46 »

Thank God for that, because I - for one - did not want to spend the grimdark days of the near future scratching out an apocalyptic existence amongst the ruins of humanity while fighting off the killer-bots of a networked computer overlord who calls itself 'Eugene Goostman'.

Like, I want to like this post. How come I can't like this post?  :lol:

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2014, 14:08 »

I will wait for our true saviour till the end. Soon my darling, soon.