Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (The Burning Life, p. 18)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Black Thursday: Layoffs hit CCP, WoD cancellation inside story leaks  (Read 4220 times)

Desiderya

Neither did I say you should feel sorry for him.
Also you haven't answered the question.
Yeah. Hire people who do this for him. (HE HAD GUYS WRITING THE APOLOGY FOR HIM! OUTRAGE!)

No need to provide more answers, there's nothing to gain here and this whole point is mostly moot anyways. It's just what I tried to outline: Once the damage was done, regardless of what happens, it'll be seen as wrong or not good enough by many.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

Disheartening news.  :(

We had a great time, Eve, but after 10 years I believe we have outgrown each other.

Oh, and Dropbear provided the best darn live event I ever had the chance to participate in.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!

As to Hilmar, I see it like Silas. I can't feel sorry for someone cutting his pay, if he already made enough to live from pretty indefinitely, when his decisions lead to people really suffering economically.
Not going to defend the man, but what should he do. Shoot himself? Light his house on fire? It is a pretty solid message that goes beyond any 'I'm sorry guis, really!' message.

What should he do? Resign. Let someone else have a go. Simple as that.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread

[..]lost talent: It seems that much if not all of the ATL GM crew have also been let go (they are in the "Publishing" division, so CCP's press release is technically correct, if utterly disingenuous). You guys will never know what you lost there, but there were guys I worked with whose knowledge of and passion for the storyline was truly awe-inspiring. One guy in particular who was let go was an absolute beast when it came to EVE lore, and his departure is really sad in those terms. He was ten times the writer and storyline nerd that I was, and it hurts to see that he never got the ridiculously awesome opportunities to contribute to it that I did. That said, you still have heavyweights like Delegate Zero and others contributing their impressive brainpower as time and resources permit, so I don't think its curtains for storyline in EVE (or EVE in general). Not by a long shot.
:ugh: Hmmm. I can't tell if this was the right thread/article to read now I'm deciding wether or not to cancel my yearly subscription for the first time...

On one hand, I really like the CCP attitude of doing things differently, being bold, but they mess up so often, and usually it's the things that I like that gets shelved/reduced/cancelled. Incarna...fiction/event teams/output, and now WOD. WOD was a big part of why I still paid for a game that had broken some promises that were dear to me, and partly due to the sadness caused by that, a game I was playing less and less.
I'm pretty sure I'll resubscribe some day if I do cancel. Heck, you peeps would think it's foolish if I would claim otherwise. The game is still quite unique. It still has potential. It has you amazing folks in it. And my dear character and his history within New Eden.

****...Eterne, he was like my replacement Dropbear, and knowing that him leaving CCP wasn't his choice makes me even sadder than when I heard about Dropbear leaving. And what was written in that quote above...I guess I'll never truly know, but now I kinda do, wishing I didn't?...Good thing you ended on a more positive note, Ursa.
But ****, I only lost another thing to look forward to, these people lost a lot more.

I got one question for you, Ursa. It will probably not help me with my decision, but I'm just curious: Despite your history with CCP and the (probably) more personal connections with those fired, you appear to still have some love for EVE, to the point that you still keep an eye on us bittervets here @ Backstage...I even suspect you may still play the game from time to time. Why?
Oooh ****, don't want to derail the topic, you better PM it to me. :D
-OOChé
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]