Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That crews from destroyed capsuleer ships make up a substantial part of Blood Raider harvests? (The Burning Life, p. 59)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 5429 times)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #45 on: 16 Dec 2011, 02:08 »

So, I kinda ran into a gaping problem with the multiplayer, and I'm kinda surprised it even exists in the first place...

Metro Rush, I get trapped in an antechamber between the sub line and one of the objectives and get killed by a camper just blasting away with an LMG towards the door. I'm 9 and 1, not bad, but then someone decides to use the defibs on me.

And I get killed again before I can even accept or reject the defib. And then he does it again. And again.

By the end of it all I'm 9 and 7. Why does MY score have to suffer just because PFC Fucknuts couldn't lay off the paddles?
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #46 on: 16 Dec 2011, 07:53 »

Last I checked unless you accepted it by hitting spacebar it didn't count against your score twice? If you actually die during the "pistol only" phase you shouldn't be able to be revived again. That's been my experience with it at least when playing as an Assault. I tend to lose a lot of revived people to grenades right after I hit them with the paddles and I can't repeat the process. But I guess it could be a bug. vOv
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #47 on: 16 Dec 2011, 08:56 »

Can confirm that if you die during the pistol only phase on Conquest, you can't be defibbed again.

Gods this multiplayer rocks. Makes MW3 look utterly derp in comparison.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #48 on: 16 Dec 2011, 09:02 »

Well, I can confirm that it occurred, so... guess we chalk this one up to phenomenon.

Still, agreement on the frighteningly realistic, painfully epic multiplayer.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #49 on: 16 Dec 2011, 09:37 »

I've been enjoying the Karkand maps so far. Although I really have to re-orient myself to a couple of them (Sharqi and Karkand especially). Lot of stupid deaths due to the sheer number of possible routes for enemies to come by. Felt pretty derpy about flying the F-35 VTOLs until I realized that down throttle was how you take off.  :|

Oman feels...different so far. Maybe it's because the points are now setup at equal distances, instead of the last couple being right at the defenders base. I think it's a good change, but takes some getting used to.

Finally unlocked Air Radar on the attack choppers though, which makes me die a wee bit less to strafing by jets.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]