Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: MIENCRAFT  (Read 2665 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
MIENCRAFT
« on: 08 Sep 2013, 19:24 »

ARE YOU READY?
ready for what oh go-
MINECRAFT TS-F EDITION
<- YOU

what is this I don't even
Sofia Roseburn of TS-F is opening up his Feedthebeast Minecraft server to the Backstage OOC community. This is strictly his offer, and not endorsed by the greater Backstage administration.

The server will operate a whitelist to prevent random griefers from joining. Sign up is easy - just post here asking, or contact Sofia directly

HOW TO PREPARE YOUR BODY
Be sure to post for whitelist adding, or else you're out of luck. On the other hand, this is a good modpack launcher to use anyway. (Include your minecraft name, because that's what we need for the whitelist)

http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

Head over to the FTB website and download the launcher client.

Put the launcher into its own folder, as you would a normal game. It will unpack itself entirely and install all its Minecraft clients there. This can make a clutter if you put it on your desktop.

Boot it up and configure it with your login information for Minecraft. It also has additional features built in, such as delegating extra memory to the Minecraft client. It's recommended you give FTB a couple gigs of RAM, as the modpacks on it are intense on memory usage.

From there, you want to download the DIREWOLF20 1.5 V2 (v1.1.3) MODPACK. It has a picture of a dude with a cape on the info screen.

Launch the Direwolf20 modpack, and it will go through its boot up. Due to the number of mods, it can take a while to load (a minute or so), let it work. When you get in, remember to configure all your settings and such. The launcher creates its own unique client for each mod pack, so no settings translate over unless you do some manual copying wizardry.

You need to be in the modpack client at least once for this next step. Exit the client and go back to the launcher. Click the Direwolf20 pack and hit Edit Mod Pack. From there, your first screen should say Enabled Mods and Disabled Mods in columns. On the Disabled Mods section, enable the mod called Biomes-O-Plenty-0.5.9.2. Once it's enabled close out of this screen. You are basically done now.

MY BODY IS READY
Once all your settings are done and you are on the whitelist, you can connect to the server using this IP : tsf.nn.pe:25595

If you encounter an error about a missing mod, and it is not Biomes-O-Plenty, please post as that error should not be occurring.

hlep i am being griefed PVP'd like its EVE
PVP and grief fuckery isn't allowed or encouraged on the server. Respect each others' build space, don't jack resources without permission, and no malicious infinite machines that clog server memory. If you build near the starting spawn point in about a 200 block radius, that is a safe guess for being the communal build area for starters. If you find someone 3000 blocks away, odds are they don't want to have their stuff messed with.

Special notes for particularly inventive individuals :

Don't go off the handle with Mystcraft, worldgen eats a lot of resources and too many blank empty worlds needs to get cleaned out eventually. If you are building in another dimension, be sure to mark it down so if we do a Mystcraft world wipe you don't wake up channeling Hades as your spirit animal.

Infinite machines are simple or complex setups that produce infinite amounts of something. Cobblestone generators are basic ones. Poorly designed ones can hemorrhage resources into the world, causing free-floating items that eat memory and crash the server. If you are messing with something that produces infinite material, have a lava chute as an overflow option so it destroys waste material.

World Anchors are to be used sparingly. An Anchor forcefully keeps parts of the Minecraft world loaded in server memory. This is useful for machinery when you are far away, but too many anchors eats up server memory. In general you can use one anchor for almost any base setup at any stage in the game, unless you are doing something between dimensions or extremely long range.

No infinite world flooding crap with water sources. If you want a water world Mystcraft can gen those liberally.

I'm certain there's something I'm missing here, but hopefully the point gets across.

I have no brain and I must build
If you have general questions about mods, how to use them, get started, etc, feel free to post them here and I'll get to them as I can.

The general wiki I consult is here : http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki
I use it for quick referencing of what specific machines, blocks, etc, do.

You can find general guides on youtube, if you prefer video.

YOU ARE NOW ENJOYING MINECRAFT IN THREE DIMENSIONS
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2013, 12:04 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: MIENCRAFT
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2013, 19:32 »

I want in.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2013, 21:56 »

Now I have to learn FTB all over again.

Dammi-

No. I can't even force myself to be upset about this. It's to much of a challenge. I can see the hours spiralling away already, the productivity of my days spiraling off into the stygian depths.

*sigh*

I'll be around. At some point.

Srsbsns question time:

- Are you guys using gregtech?
- Is IC2 even implemented at all?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2013, 22:15 »

DW20 pack has IC2, but not gregtech.

While I'd like to do gregtech (if only for the immense slowdown in tech progression), others have issues with it and we're not adding mods to the server pack yet.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 08 Sep 2013, 22:58 »

You all are crazy.

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
« Reply #5 on: 09 Sep 2013, 02:58 »

I'm game. Sign me up! my Minecraft handle is AngryAngryMan72
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2013, 03:00 by Stitcher »

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #6 on: 09 Sep 2013, 05:05 »

Please note that if you attempt to contact me via convo in the world renowned science fiction MMORPG EVE Online then I will probably not respond.

Killing nerds is more important. Send mails (and presents) plssss~

Also, if anyone finds my house close to spawn please let me know. I got a little drunk last night and lost it.
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2013, 05:07 by Sofia Roseburn »

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #7 on: 09 Sep 2013, 06:36 »

What is this shit? POSITIVE Community interaction and fun times among the EVE RP scene? I think not!

Colour me genuinely surprised. +1 To Sofia even if I personally don't care much for MeinKraft.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 09 Sep 2013, 07:08 »

This looks like fun. I'll see about getting stuff downloaded tonight, haven't played minecraft in a while.

If you can add zhephiston to the whitelist, that'd be sweet.

Anslol

« Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2013, 07:34 »

..oh no...not again...please no Mr. Blocks, I need to sleep BEFORE 4 AM I HAVE WORK NO NOT AGAIN OH GOD THE BLACK HOLE OF MINECRAFT FUUUUUUUUUUUU...........can i come? ;_;

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #10 on: 09 Sep 2013, 07:36 »

FTB will probably trample all over the corpse of my crummy laptop, but I'm down with this like a limbo dancer in Hades. (Minecraft handle is JamesHaight)

Sofia Roseburn

• Egger
« Reply #11 on: 09 Sep 2013, 07:40 »

..oh no...not again...please no Mr. Blocks, I need to sleep BEFORE 4 AM I HAVE WORK NO NOT AGAIN OH GOD THE BLACK HOLE OF MINECRAFT FUUUUUUUUUUUU...........can i come? ;_;

If you use your proper name on TS, yes.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 09 Sep 2013, 08:54 »

Minecraft handle is Generalcreed.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Anslol

« Reply #13 on: 09 Sep 2013, 09:02 »

Question: Sorry if I didn't see this in the OP but...survival or creative? I'm assuming survival cause of potential grief fuckery.
I only wanted clarification because I tend to:
(1) Build far away and have vast land to myself with one megastructure (that i've had to defend in the past = =)
(2) A large R&D/Lab in the deepest ocean I can find, which was hard to build in survival without sponges. I've done some cool stuff in creative underwater though.

Sofia Roseburn

• Egger
« Reply #14 on: 09 Sep 2013, 09:06 »

Survival. Creative is...archaic.
Pages: [1] 2 3