Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa megacorporation owns as much as 1/3 of all real estate in the Caldari State, and is considered one of the State's most ruthless corporations?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Offices/Administrations (or the Broodax?)  (Read 2281 times)

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
Re: Offices/Administrations (or the Broodax?)
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jul 2012, 07:02 »

I'm just wondering when we're going to get a proper dictionary for corporate newspeak.

Now, I had more to post moving forward but I felt that I was unable to synergise a new paradigm that would be better able to allocate current mental bandwidth within a more user efficient system.

The closest I can think of is Ambrose Bierce's The Devil's Dictionary.

ALLIANCE, n. In international politics, the union of two thieves who have their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that they cannot separately plunder a third.

CORPORATION, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.

FRIENDSHIP, n. A ship big enough to carry two in fair weather, but only one in foul.

JUSTICE, n. A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.

OPPOSE, v. To assist by obstructing and objecting.

SELF-EVIDENT, adj. Evident to one's self and to nobody else.

ULTIMATUM, n. In diplomacy, a last demand before resorting to concessions.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jul 2012, 17:25 »

"Best Practice."

*crowd screams*

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #17 on: 21 Jul 2012, 05:32 »

"Best Practice."

*crowd screams*

Whenever we do things like first aid training for the locals here, we're supposed to call it sharing of best practices.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.
Pages: 1 [2]