Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: We get to be the Bad Guys!  (Read 4666 times)

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
Re: We get to be the Bad Guys!
« Reply #30 on: 08 May 2013, 15:21 »

What about the minnies living in the Fed?

Where are they standing in all of this?

Well, according to news reports, some of them are standing in triage lines at local hospitals...  ;)

I'm personally pleased as punch at these developments. Not only do the Minmarats get to be the bad guys, but Shin gets to potentially be something other than a bad guy! Plus, I'm hoping like mad that this is part of the large scale contraction of the various empires mentioned in the FanFest keynote...

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 08 May 2013, 15:32 »

I'm personally pleased as punch at these developments. Not only do the Minmarats get to be the bad guys, but Shin gets to potentially be something other than a bad guy! Plus, I'm hoping like mad that this is part of the large scale contraction of the various empires mentioned in the FanFest keynote...

Political and social instability FTW?

We'll see. Personally, I'd settle for a shakeup of current ossified New Eden politics. Perhaps we can get some new long-running debate topics for Decade Two. What CCP fails to provide in its initial news releases, I'm sure we can fill in the details of, ourselves. It won't be the first time.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #32 on: 08 May 2013, 15:43 »

In the brutor channel were already talking about our future cluster-wide empire and calling dibs on warbrides.  So far I've got first claim to aldy, silas, and morwen.
Gottii has good taste there.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #33 on: 08 May 2013, 17:12 »

So, I must say that this is a fun turn of events; suddenly, everyone can look down their noses at the Minmatar, pointing fingers and hurling condemnation.

Its a good deal of fun. I hope CCP doesnt "absolve" the Minnies too soon.
Don't worry, Ava! Everyone are bad guys  :P

Amarrs: religious fanatics and slavers, and warmongering crusaders
Minmatars: bloodlusty lawless painted punks, and warmongering tribals
Caldari: militaristic ruthless heartless hypercapitalists, and warmongering nacists
Gallente: self-righteous bigoted hedonists, and warmongering racists

Others are even worse haha  :twisted:
So, pick your poison  :lol:

P.S. for any racial lovers, please don't take it personal, it is a satiric hyperbole  :P

Syagrius

• Egger
    • Memoirs of a Madman.
« Reply #34 on: 08 May 2013, 18:42 »

8)Plots make me happy.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #35 on: 08 May 2013, 18:53 »

Don't worry, Ava! Everyone are bad guys  :P

Amarrs: religious fanatics and slavers, and warmongering crusaders
Minmatars: bloodlusty lawless painted punks, and warmongering tribals
Caldari: militaristic ruthless heartless hypercapitalists, and warmongering nacists
Gallente: self-righteous bigoted hedonists, and warmongering racists

Others are even worse haha  :twisted:
So, pick your poison  :lol:

P.S. for any racial lovers, please don't take it personal, it is a satiric hyperbole  :P

True!

And I do see this joining to the announced part of Empires reducing their spheres of influence.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #36 on: 08 May 2013, 18:54 »

Totally didn't realise the Matari were ever good guys :3

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #37 on: 08 May 2013, 22:29 »

We are the only true good guys in EVE. We just want everyone to be friends.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #38 on: 09 May 2013, 00:05 »

Isn't the percentage of the population that is Minmatar in the Federation massive?

Internment camps won't be an option. full scale revolution and losing some systems to them would be...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #39 on: 09 May 2013, 03:06 »

Isn't the percentage of the population that is Minmatar in the Federation massive?

Internment camps won't be an option. full scale revolution and losing some systems to them would be...

A third (or is it a quarter ?) of Gallente population is of minmatar ascendency. The fact that the Federation hasn't already faced an uprising probably means that a lot of them don't feel any kind of loyalty toward the Republic, and maybe even don't consider themselves minmatar : just Gallente citizens.

I'd really like to know more about gallente laws on this matter. In France, taking into account anything else that your citizenship isn't only illegal, but downright unconstitutional. From a strictly legal standpoint, the colour of your skin, where your ancestors came from, whatever ethnic genetic markers you may have, your religion, aren't at any moment taken into account. A statement like "There are x% of [insert ethnicity] prisoners in France's jails" should be impossible to make. This system isn't perfect and generates some problems, of course. It can be read as an standardization attempt and does little to prevent daily racism.

It's my understanding that the US legal system on this matter is fairly different : african-american, native american and such are legal denominations. It certainly solves problems and creates others.

I'm not sure what is the option chosen for the Federation : depending on it, how the minmatar living in gallente space will be treated and will react could be very different.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #40 on: 09 May 2013, 03:30 »

Dug from the depths of my old copies of stuff. The official line (I think from the character creation text circa 2003/2004) read

"This Republic of ours only contains about a quarter of all Minmatar. The Amarrians still hold about one third of our people, and a fifth have left the Republic to settle in the Gallente Federation. The remainder are spread through out various smaller organisations (mostly criminal)"

So yeah thats got to make up a quite significant portion of the Gallente Federation population. (if of course those numbers have not been retconned)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: 09 May 2013, 03:56 »

Citizens who identify as Minmatar make up an estimated 30% of the Federation’s population (around a fifth of all Minmatar in the cluster), and rival the entire population of the Republic.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #42 on: 09 May 2013, 04:19 »

Not only do the Minmarats get to be the bad guys

Freudian slip ?

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #43 on: 09 May 2013, 04:53 »

A third (or is it a quarter ?) of Gallente population is of minmatar ascendency. The fact that the Federation hasn't already faced an uprising probably means that a lot of them don't feel any kind of loyalty toward the Republic, and maybe even don't consider themselves minmatar : just Gallente citizens.

I'd really like to know more about gallente laws on this matter. In France, taking into account anything else that your citizenship isn't only illegal, but downright unconstitutional. From a strictly legal standpoint, the colour of your skin, where your ancestors came from, whatever ethnic genetic markers you may have, your religion, aren't at any moment taken into account. A statement like "There are x% of [insert ethnicity] prisoners in France's jails" should be impossible to make. This system isn't perfect and generates some problems, of course. It can be read as an standardization attempt and does little to prevent daily racism.

It's my understanding that the US legal system on this matter is fairly different : african-american, native american and such are legal denominations. It certainly solves problems and creates others.

I'm not sure what is the option chosen for the Federation : depending on it, how the minmatar living in gallente space will be treated and will react could be very different.

PF/news articles have suggested that the Federation recognizes some broad cultural designations for legal purposes, and in some cases, provides some consideration based on that cultural designation.   Intaki get a pass on some of their religious practices, Jin-Mei get a pass on their sexism (at least PF used to paint them as sexist;  I don't know if that's changed) and caste system, and Matari get some preference in Federation university admissions and perhaps scholarships.

Aquila Shadow

• Totally not a spy
  • Clonejack
« Reply #44 on: 09 May 2013, 05:04 »

Welcome to our world.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4