Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Character development-is Ava a dead end?  (Read 7605 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Character development-is Ava a dead end?
« on: 12 Nov 2012, 07:26 »

Hey folks.

Lately the urge to play eve has pretty much died. The few people i did play with and have actual RP with have left, im terrified to join another corp, both because of what happened with Lutinari and because i dont want my history longer for nothing, and it seems like everyone wants to play the sorts of characters that I am just not comfortable RPing (Sanshas, Angels, rabid amarr slavers, rabid minmatar, basically scummy anything)

I basically have no one to play with, whether in roams or RP or whatever. I have tried twice to make moderate Minny RP corps, once it succeeded, mostly, and then died, the second time, no one ever joined, i suspect because of lingering stuff from TRA? Ive debated remaking Ava, or just scrapping her and starting anew, but I do have a lot of time and stuff invested in her.

No idea what to do.

Ava

Techie Kanenald

• Egger
  • Beagle
Re: Character development-is Ava a dead end?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2012, 07:37 »

There comes a time, at times, where a game just doesn't give you what you want anymore.  I'm almost there myself.

There is no shame in finding what makes you passionate, even if we'll miss you here.

Ask Marcus though, we kept in touch even outside of EVE...you don't have to lose your friends.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2012, 07:49 »

Yep.  You gotta do what you gotta do as far as the RP thing goes, but I'm friends with the player behind Ava so I would be very sad and dissapointed if you just dissapeared off the face of the earth.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Jev North

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2012, 08:30 »

A totally new character or totally new direction to take this one in might work. It did for me; the big decisions in my EVE "career" both got me re-hooked for good, long whiles. I don't know you well enough to suggest what new direction you'd want to take, though.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2012, 09:14 »

I'll RP with you. Seriphyn is a straight man, especially when you compare him to everyone else. Just does his job, and isn't rabid in any sense since he criticizes his employer in equal parts to praising them (like any citizen of a democracy would).

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2012, 09:24 »

I'm not a rabid slaver, I'm a crusading fanatic  :P

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2012, 12:11 »

I feel for you, Ava. Sometimes it feels like half the people left in the Summit, even, are ones that Esna has no desire to speak to...
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2012, 12:50 »

Don't give up, Ava.

You might reconsider joining another corporation.  You might find a lot of stress relief joining a non-RP corporation doing the broad strokes of what your character supports (FW, Industry, whatever).

Can let you play the game and not worry 100% of time about your corporate policies, and give you some more leeway with when and where you do your character work.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2012, 14:10 »

Hey folks.

Lately the urge to play eve has pretty much died. The few people i did play with and have actual RP with have left, im terrified to join another corp, both because of what happened with Lutinari and because i dont want my history longer for nothing, and it seems like everyone wants to play the sorts of characters that I am just not comfortable RPing (Sanshas, Angels, rabid amarr slavers, rabid minmatar, basically scummy anything)

I basically have no one to play with, whether in roams or RP or whatever. I have tried twice to make moderate Minny RP corps, once it succeeded, mostly, and then died, the second time, no one ever joined, i suspect because of lingering stuff from TRA? Ive debated remaking Ava, or just scrapping her and starting anew, but I do have a lot of time and stuff invested in her.

No idea what to do.

Ava

That was more or less my feeling 6 months ago when I stopped playing. Ofc I had other issues being other layers of drama and hostility from specific RPers adding to that, but it just made it clearer to me that I had nothing more really keeping me in eve. Every time I logged the past year was just for spinning my ship and watching the summit or other channels I do not really like (not at all to be blunt, which is my own opinion and not a snipe at anyone) hoping to see someone emerging from the masses of people that I had no interest to RP with, for any scraps of RP I could get my hands on.

So yes, all of this made me leave, and that was good somehow, since it was the first time since I started playing (late 2006) that I took a real break. It was weird at the beginning, but I do not regret it and find it quite healthy actually. I found out that a lot of people were basically and insidiously spoiling my experience, and more, my RL life and mood beside it, combined with various RL annoyances, blablabla (you must have seen yourself how bitter and blunt I became on the end). So yes, very healthy.

This is a solution, I guess.

Starting a new toon might work for some people, but not for me, that I am sure. Too many things invested in my character. You just don't dump a 95M SP character like that, and when you already have trouble to find your enjoyment in the game, you will have even more difficulties to find the motivation to start a new blank character....

You can also slightly alter things here and there in your RP, not always the need to radically change everything I think. This is more of a last resort possibility.

Want me to come back and play with you ? I liked to play with you. Not that I am the most active player anymore, and I don't really do in the tribal/minmatar stuff militantism, but well...

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2012, 14:46 »

You guys are awesome.

No one need do anything they dont wanna do on my account. Im not sure what ill do, but when I figure it out,I will let you all know. And no, I wont disappear. Ive made several RL friends, and honestly, its only the people that have keep me playing as long as I have.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #10 on: 12 Nov 2012, 14:47 »

Making sure IRLAva does not dissapear is what makes a happy Tib.

<3
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2012, 15:17 »

You guys are awesome.

No one need do anything they dont wanna do on my account. Im not sure what ill do, but when I figure it out,I will let you all know. And no, I wont disappear. Ive made several RL friends, and honestly, its only the people that have keep me playing as long as I have.

You'll be fine, heathen.   8)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2012, 15:20 »

You guys are awesome.

That's not especially something I don't want to do. I am just looking at good incentives to get back ingame, which is basically RP possibilities, mostly. It was quite lacking when I left.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 12 Nov 2012, 15:46 »

Oh.

Then come back? I thinks?

And meh. Thats part of the problem. Lots of peopleto call Ava heathen, very few to be called heathen with =(

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 12 Nov 2012, 15:56 »

You guys are awesome.

That's not especially something I don't want to do. I am just looking at good incentives to get back ingame, which is basically RP possibilities, mostly. It was quite lacking when I left.

Have you considered a life of piracy and wanton tear creation? *wink*

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5